What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All not well in Warrior's camp.

Rich102

Staff member
The commentators mentioned this on Sunday and certainly the shots from inside the dressing room showed an unhappy team.
Also we have had reports on this forum about all not being well between Bluey and the team.

How long can the club allow this to continue and how will they go about fixing it?

I know from experiance dropping a few underperformers will send a clear message to all.

beefstew

Juniors
The commentators mentioned this on Sunday and certainly the shots from inside the dressing room showed an unhappy team.
Also we have had reports on this forum about all not being well between Bluey and the team.

How long can the club allow this to continue and how will they go about fixing it?

I know from experiance dropping a few underperformers will send a clear message to all.

Maybe the double standards are starting to get to the players, just like they are getting to the fans.

The commentators mentioned this on Sunday and certainly the shots from inside the dressing room showed an unhappy team..

Of course they were unhappy, they were getting pumped. Id be more worried if they were walking round high fiving and patting eachother on the back.

From what Ive seen that report reffered to one player and Bluey having issues. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen a report on this forum of wide spread issues within the team. Even if there has been, its only conjecture anyway.

In the case of Ropati in particular I couldnt agree more. He needs to spend some time in the Vulcans re-learning his trade.

bluey mcclennan

Juniors
Listen guys I have sat on the sidelines for long enough now and I believe its time to set the record straight.

When I was appointed Warriors coach I knew and the clubs management knew that there would not be instant success. We had a solid pre-season and after being grand finalist the year before we knew that we would be heavily targeted to begin with.

We decided the main strategy to employe to win the NRL in 2012 was Confusion. No other team had tried it up to this point.

- We decided to wear a jersey like the roosters so the refs would view us as more sydney like and award us more penalties and blow less against us. In hindsight we should of chosen the bulldogs colours instead as it appears the Roosters have just as many peanilities awarded against them as us.

- We decided to only choose players outside the starting 17 each week if it was injury enforced. This way the outer squad would become confused to why they were not selected and it made them want to work even harder to get inside the starting 17.

- We wanted to confuse Kristian Inu as to why he wasnt selected. We told him it was because of his terrible decision making in 20mins of his only game he played but he has become even more confused now because we kept selecting Jerome Ropati and Ben Henry. You will see by the time we reach the finals again and need to pull a Ace card out of our ass to save ourselves - Inu will be more than motivated

-We decided to switch Vatuvei and Tupou on the wings to not only confuse the defense but also to confuse themselves also. Manu reacts to adversity, he is the first to put his hand up when he makes a mistake, well after Jerome, he puts his hand up the most..... But Manu needs a few mistakes to get into the game for next week.

-We confused Mateo by telling him that he was our star of the pack and that we needed him to lead from the front with power and flare. We spent all season getting him ready for his role, you should of seen his face when I read out the team sheet each week and he is on the bench ....... he's confused as hell, and it works because now he is not only speaking out on the field but also on Twitter !! and we the Warriors club know how important social media is.

- We confused the fans by switching to Eden park and pretending we are not sure where our future home lays, it makes u guys work harder to follow us and demand more.

- We confused our new co-owner who opened his check book and asked me who I wanted to sign, "anyone in the world" he said. I said no-one - he smiled at me and pretended he knew my confidence, but deep down inside I knew he was a little confused.

On a side note Ben Henry is the perfect student and listens to everything I say. Infact we get on so well some of the boys have given us a nick name like Brangilina (Brad Pitt, Angeline Jolie). Our nick name 'Brienry' though I prefer just "Brians Boy". He's a good kid, a real good good good kid. If I was in prison he would be my perfect cell mate. I like Konrad Hurrell as well but unfortunately his name begins with a K like Krisnan and not Like Bens which begins with a B like mine. Little things like this make my selections easier to make

Anyhow, just relax guys, 2012 is about confusion, there is an idea to this no idea.

Brian

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Hi Bluey, NZ Wazza here.

To prove to us, that it really is you, could you please drop Jerome Ropati this sunday?

Cheers,
NZ Wazza.

bluey mcclennan

Juniors
Welcome along Bluey. I knew you must have been listening.
:lol:

Thank you, I love rugby league first and foremost. I read alot of these threads. I noticed a lot start off poorly, slow and full of negativity, but by the 2nd page you see an increased effort. If we were start a lot of these threads off more positively to begin with I think we will make more progress and ultimately have a result that benefits us all.

bluey mcclennan

Juniors
Hi Bluey, NZ Wazza here.

To prove to us, that it really is you, could you please drop Jerome Ropati this sunday?

Cheers,
NZ Wazza.

While Jerome's form has not been outstanding he is an inspiring person. he inspires those around him. He gets awards like players player of the day and his uncle was a doctor on shortland street. I want people like that in this team.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
While Jerome's form has not been outstanding he is an inspiring person. he inspires those around him. He gets awards like players player of the day and his uncle was a doctor on shortland street. I want people like that in this team.

Can't he be inspiring from the sidelines? He's always going over the sideline anyway.

Meth

Staff member
Listen guys I have sat on the sidelines for long enough now and I believe its time to set the record straight.

When I was appointed Warriors coach I knew and the clubs management knew that there would not be instant success. We had a solid pre-season and after being grand finalist the year before we knew that we would be heavily targeted to begin with.

We decided the main strategy to employe to win the NRL in 2012 was Confusion. No other team had tried it up to this point.

- We decided to wear a jersey like the roosters so the refs would view us as more sydney like and award us more penalties and blow less against us. In hindsight we should of chosen the bulldogs colours instead as it appears the Roosters have just as many peanilities awarded against them as us.

- We decided to only choose players outside the starting 17 each week if it was injury enforced. This way the outer squad would become confused to why they were not selected and it made them want to work even harder to get inside the starting 17.

- We wanted to confuse Kristian Inu as to why he wasnt selected. We told him it was because of his terrible decision making in 20mins of his only game he played but he has become even more confused now because we kept selecting Jerome Ropati and Ben Henry. You will see by the time we reach the finals again and need to pull a Ace card out of our ass to save ourselves - Inu will be more than motivated

-We decided to switch Vatuvei and Tupou on the wings to not only confuse the defense but also to confuse themselves also. Manu reacts to adversity, he is the first to put his hand up when he makes a mistake, well after Jerome, he puts his hand up the most..... But Manu needs a few mistakes to get into the game for next week.

-We confused Mateo by telling him that he was our star of the pack and that we needed him to lead from the front with power and flare. We spent all season getting him ready for his role, you should of seen his face when I read out the team sheet each week and he is on the bench ....... he's confused as hell, and it works because now he is not only speaking out on the field but also on Twitter !! and we the Warriors club know how important social media is.

- We confused the fans by switching to Eden park and pretending we are not sure where our future home lays, it makes u guys work harder to follow us and demand more.

- We confused our new co-owner who opened his check book and asked me who I wanted to sign, "anyone in the world" he said. I said no-one - he smiled at me and pretended he knew my confidence, but deep down inside I knew he was a little confused.

On a side note Ben Henry is the perfect student and listens to everything I say. Infact we get on so well some of the boys have given us a nick name like Brangilina (Brad Pitt, Angeline Jolie). Our nick name 'Brienry' though I prefer just "Brians Boy". He's a good kid, a real good good good kid. If I was in prison he would be my perfect cell mate. I like Konrad Hurrell as well but unfortunately his name begins with a K like Krisnan and not Like Bens which begins with a B like mine. Little things like this make my selections easier to make

Anyhow, just relax guys, 2012 is about confusion, there is an idea to this no idea.

Brian

Far too legible to be the real Bluey

bluey mcclennan

Juniors
Can't he be inspiring from the sidelines? He's always going over the sideline anyway.

Risk and reward, I encourage it

If Jerome side steps 3 guys on the inside fends off the covering 4th man, shows blistering pace over 70 metres, then he is in under the posts.

I like what he is trying out there.

Latest posts