What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alright, i can conceed, lockyer has nothing on johns :(

Just in that game, where was lockyer? He had nothing compared to johns, barely noticed him. Johns, f**k that merkin, f**ken they will prolly win third with that twig, f**k, why couldnt he have just retired
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Tommy Smith

Referee
Fool. Yes Joey played well and good on you for admitting it. but there's no need for the "f" word...and i dont mean 'fool'.

wittyfan

Referee
Manly will be nervous about Sunday.

I'm favouring the Knights now.

Johns still has the magic.

stugutz

Juniors
You gotto give credit where credits due. Johns may have played very little footy of late but he did step and did what he was supposed to do.
The telling factor that really got him through was that he played in the 2nd line of defense, therefore he had that little extra, given his fitness ...lack of.
Nevertheless the better team WON!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Lockyer was fairly disappointing, but still set up two tries and basically set up another (put someone through a hole but the player dropped the ball cold). But it's a lot easier to play well when your forwards are dominating, and that's basically what happened on the back of Queensland playing over half the match with just one interchange forward.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and it explains why they won the first game too.

Kimmorley would have played well tonight with the forwards actually doing their job this time

roopy

Referee
Johns is the only half who doesn't need his forwards to dominate.
He makes his own go forward.

brenno

Juniors
madunit said:
and it explains why they won the first game too.

Kimmorley would have played well tonight with the forwards actually doing their job this time

So Kimmorley would have put that pin point kick that hit the post which led to the first try? Kimmorley would have torn the defence to shreds with his well timed runs at the line and great short balls? Kimmorley would have kept the defence guessing with his switch of play back across the rucks?
The answer to all these is a clear NO. Kimmorley has NEVER peformed at origin level. Johns is a big time player and thrives on the pressure.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
why didn't the knights win any of the games he played this year for them then?

Every half needs go forward from the forwards

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
brenno, neither you nor I know the answer to that question, don't be so nieve to believe you know such things.

6togo

Juniors
Lockyer's defence was diabolical as usual. For one of the most gifted ball players the game has seen he is illerate in defence. And I have to laugh at all those people who said that "Johns was old" and that "he was going to break down and should have signed with Rugby Union". These are the same people that want to blow wind up his date.

And how many hospital passes did Lockyer throw tonight. I would hate to be an outside back who is on the end of those floaters. From my Qld point of view I would love to see him run to the line a bit more.

Now for my crystal ball decision: What price the Qld selectors looking at one, Jason Smith playing lock in the decider. I know he has said he was not available but I think he would compliment Lockyer well and take some pressure off him.

Thoughts. Sounds a bit bizzare but stranger things have happened. Look at Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts.

TooheysNew

Coach
madunit said:
why didn't the knights win any of the games he played this year for them then?

Every half needs go forward from the forwards

Because they have noone that can score a try. It's that simple.

Latest posts