What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alright, i can conceed, lockyer has nothing on johns :(

ausraider

Juniors
roopy said:
Johns is the only half who doesn't need his forwards to dominate.
He makes his own go forward.

Bull$hit, every half need their forward to get to the advantage line.Watch Newcastle on the weekend when his forwards aren't going forward.Tell me then.

Meanie

Juniors
Johns had a platform tonight, Lockyer didn't. Lockyer still managed to set up 2 tries regardless.

Tonight was definitely Johns's night, I still don't think the best in the world debate is settled.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
But he's the greatest player ever, he should be able to do that with ease.

I think I made a valid point however people feel the need to jump down my throat. Noddy had a forward pack that played like a bunch of lost 3 year olds in a supermarket, standing there crying for mummy. Johns had a forward pack that was dominant.

I think its unfair to assume the noddy wouldn't have played a much better game tonight than he did in the first game, considering how much more effort the forwards put in.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Never doubted him, he's absolutely brilliant. His running game was outstanding tonight, same with his passing, he had full control of that game tonight and with such little preparation, still showed that he's the best. That and he isn't match fit, when he gets some games together he'll just keep improving.

Well done Joey :thumb

aqua_duck

Coach
It was virutally the same forward pack but unlike Noddy Joey didn't ut the forwards under pressure from the word go. Everyone was saying NSW forwards weren't good enough in game 1, how can the saem group then dominate 3 weeks later? Its because they had even possession, they didn't have a wanker kicking straight down QLD's throats, getting his kicks charged down. If forwards have something to work with they'll do the job.

markstan

Juniors
Big Pete said:
I doubt Johns aimed for the post, that kick was good and was lucky to hit the sticks.

No way did Johns aim for the post it was a terrible scrubby kick that hit the post Good kick I urge you to look again it was a terrible kick that hit the post. Lockyer didn't play that well but who cares.

mickdo

Coach
markstan said:
No way did Johns aim for the post it was a terrible scrubby kick that hit the post Good kick I urge you to look again it was a terrible kick that hit the post. Lockyer didn't play that well but who cares.
Just like Slater's 'scrubby' knee 3 weeks ago. Didn't stop you singing his praises for that fluke back then. :rolleyes:

roopy

Referee
ausraider said:
Bull$hit, every half need their forward to get to the advantage line.Watch Newcastle on the weekend when his forwards aren't going forward.Tell me then.
I've watched him for twelve years live - he wins heaps of games when his forwards are dominated - has been doing it for years.

RABK

Referee
roopy said:
I've watched him for twelve years live - he wins heaps of games when his forwards are dominated - has been doing it for years.

Prime example, 2001 preliminary final against the Sharks. Dominated by the Sharks pack for 60 minutes but Johns got us home.

Kiwi

First Grade
roopy said:

Guess thats why the only game Joey has played well in this year is the ONLY game his forwards have totally dominated the entire match?

strong_latte

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Guess thats why the only game Joey has played well in this year is the ONLY game his forwards have totally dominated the entire match?

He played incredibly well against a Brisbane team that outgunned them everywhere so I don't know what your talking about...

Meanie

Juniors
strong_latte said:
He played incredibly well against a Brisbane team that outgunned them everywhere so I don't know what your talking about...

Incredibly well? He played well but he also gifted Dane Carlaw a try late in the match.

markstan

Juniors
mickdo said:
Just like Slater's 'scrubby' knee 3 weeks ago. Didn't stop you singing his praises for that fluke back then. :rolleyes:

Actually for a start im from SA, and second I actually stated that Slater touched the ball so dont be so presumptive moron!

aqua_duck

Coach
Lockyer is a brilliant player and probably still the best at the moment but the nthing about Lockyer is he can do some great things but he doesn't really control the rythem of a game like Johns does.

blaine train

Juniors

With all due respect, Johns is a great player, but even he goes missing when his forwards aren't doing their job. Look at the 2002 SOO series. Had an absolute blinder in the first game, but you wouldn't of known he was there the next two. All halfbacks need their forwards going forward.

Latest posts