What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one embarrassed?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
By the flag?

Kiwis too.

Look I am happy to be of British heritage...but I am Australian.

I am sure many in both countries are happy with heritage...but f**k me every time I see the British flag I feel we are still children unable to be adults.

Happy to be a member of the commonwealth, happy to remember our roots, embarrassed by the flag as kiwis should be too.

Perhaps it is just me.

Green and gold and black and silver/white ain't farrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkking red white and blue.

Time to grow up, I say.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What is that the poms say?

"Get your sh*t stars off our flag!"

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do expect our kiwi friends to be quiet....... perhaps green and gold for them...once they become part of this great land.

I prefer kiwis to Victorians tbh.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we dont compete in red white and blue so why the f**k its on our flag I have no idea

Skinner

Coach
It doesn't particularly bother me. I just don't think that flags in general are the powerful symbols they used to be (unless you are a septic of course).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The flag represents more than Australian sporting attire
Sure Chook, the evidence is everywhere.

600_GALL_AAMI_SS17-600x400.jpg

ozbash

Referee
I'm with Mr Angry, the union jack is a pommy flag. we arnt poms.

I like the fern or kiwi for us and the boxing kangaroo/perendale for Aussie..

adamkungl

Immortal
Indifferent. I appreciate that it represents the our British heritage but wouldn't be in uproar if it was replaced by something appropriate.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The biggest misconception is that the union flag has to be 'replaced' by something else if we were to remove it.

The solution is so simple, we just remove it and we'll leave a very elegant design with the Southern Cross (a symbol that unites us all, indigenous folk included) and the Federation Star. No need for divisive design competitions and other nonsense. Just a painless removal of a no longer needed attribute to our flag.

Preferably done with the introduction of our Republic after the passing of QEII.

Latest posts