What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Honest assessment of Todd Greenberg

How would you rate Greenbergs'

• Great for the game. A significant step up from his predecessors.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Nothing special. Done some things that are great for the game, and others not so good

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Would have been better off with Dave Smith.

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • GTFO you sook

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm convinced V'landys since day one has been playing games (the Sydney suburban focus, the expansion comment about AFL states, the buddying up to media etc) to get the support of the media and clubs to oust Greenberg. If its to take the job himself or put in one if his mates time will tell. I'll be very surprised if Greenberg outlives V'Landys reign.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So much for V'Landys plugging the leaks at NRL HQ, or maybe this one is of his own making?

An ARL Commission subcommittee has been established to decide the future of Todd Greenberg, and early reports don’t bode well for the NRL chief executive.
That’s according to NRL 360 host Paul Kent who revealed on Monday that Greenberg faces a battle to extend his time in the top job.
“Todd had a deal with the NRL and part of the deal was coming into this season, by February, there would be a decision made on whether the NRL would activate a two-year extension that would take him into 2021 and 2022,” Kent said.

“That deadline has come and gone and the NRL has not activated that.

“There’s a meeting happening between the subcommittee that has been put together to decide on Todd’s future, with Peter V’landys the (ARLC) chairman, Wayne Pearce and Dr Gary Weiss, who are all commissioners where they are making a decision on Todd’s future.

“My understanding is that the board is pretty much split and so there’s a decision to be made — it won’t happen until Thursday week which is March 19 when the full commission comes together.

“My understanding is that essentially the commission will be told what the subcommittee has decided rather than getting in there and having a vote.

“It’s fairly delicately placed, but I think at the moment, the odds are in favour of Todd being moved on.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/e8a87d83a770618c3ab61d547cf13739

taipan

Referee
We've certainly had some Olympic class CEO world beaters.

Dave I ride bikes Moffat.
Dave UM and Aah
And Toddles.

moffla

Bench
Watch Cameron Smith retire at seasons end then make a play for the position.
A former player with a strong knowledge about the game, knows the rules inside and out and is a natural leader. Also current president of the RLPA. That's too sensible for the NRL.

JokerEel

Coach
A former player with a strong knowledge about the game, knows the rules inside and out and is a natural leader. Also current president of the RLPA. That's too sensible for the NRL.

Doesn't think they did anything wrong when breaking the cap in 09 and still thinks they deserve the trophy for those years..

Yeah sign him up :sweat_smile: