What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open Fan Forum between our CEO and Board

Captain BF

Juniors
I was VERY impressed with Peter Nolan. His description of the 'Academy' was very thorough and quite honestly made a lot of sense. I was a bit shocked about his statement of words to the extent of "I don't care if we don't win a junior comp for a long while as the only thing that really counted was winning an NRL premiership and staying at or near the top for a long time." Again, i was just paraphrasing his statement.
Kearney answered the question about our halves twice. It will be Sandow & Roberts. Casey is the main half back-up. He was asked where Hayne fits into the team? His answer: Fullback.

Forty20

First Grade
2012 Members Forum reveals exclusive team news

Pirtek Parramatta Eels Members turned out in force tonight to participate in the 2012 Members Footy Forum at the Parramatta Leagues Club Auditorium.

The night featured questions direct from Eels Members in the crowd put to Eels Head Coach Steve Kearney, Head of Recruitment Peter Nolan, and veteran winger Luke Burt.

Those present were the first to hear direct confirmation from coach Kearney about where players will line up in the team for 2012.

Kearney confirmed Jarryd Hayne would play fullback, Ben Roberts is first choice five-eighth, and fellow Bulldogs recruit Nathan Smith would be the team's back-up hooker behind Matt Keating and Casey McGuire.

Kearney said boom youngster Mitchell Allgood was a representative player of the future, with the 2011 Eels Rookie of the Year continuing to impress in the 2012 pre-season.

The night featured lengthy discussion about the Eels' long-term recruitment strategy, with Nolan reinforcing the Club's desire to develop it's own players rather than recruit externally.

The key to Nolan and Kearney's vision was the brand new Eels Academy launched this year.

The Eels Academy is a program run by the Eels coaching staff which hand picks the best players from the Eels' junior representative system, and first and foremost focuses on their physical development in order for them to cope with the rigours placed on their bodies at the elite level.

"We want sustained success at this Club and that's what the Academy is all about - developing our talented youngsters to a point where they are physically and mentally ready for NRL footy," Kearney said.

"We don't want to be making the finals one year, making the grand final the next, then not making the finals for a couple of years... it's about making sure we are giving ourselves the best chance to challenge for a title every year.

"The Academy is a way for us to make sure our best youngsters are getting the specific training they need in order to make it at the top level."

The Eels would like to thank all Members who turned out tonight for the 2012 Members Forum.

Clicky

Here is the wrap up the club posted online.

Parra Pride

Referee
Did anyone ask Kearny whether he prefers to call them backrow, and lock, or edge forward, and tight forward?

Captain BF

Juniors
We should thank Kearney & Burt in particular for being there tonight, as they have just returned from a fairly long trip to Armidale and to take even more time away from their families speaks volumes to me about their commitment to the club and us members/supporters.

Murf

Juniors
For those that went was it in any way worthwhile? Apart from the pizza deal of course.

FYI guys its free pizza every night bar Saturdays. Come up we're happy to have you. On topic though, unfortunately I was working. Can anyone fill me in on what happened?

Tony Bongo

Bench
We should thank Kearney & Burt in particular for being there tonight, as they have just returned from a fairly long trip to Armidale and to take even more time away from their families speaks volumes to me about their commitment to the club and us members/supporters.

Agreed. It was a big effort and much appreciated.

Stagger eel

Staff member
great night, very informative..

in 35 years of supporting this club I've never met a more impressive figure at our club than Peter Nolan, he is one heck of a bloke with an amazing passion to succede...every time I hear this guy speak I feel ten foot tall and bullet proof..

there's a reason why bennett had him at the broncs for 11 years and tried to get him at Newcastle not once but twice..

legend.

as for the turn out? absolutely disgusting to say the least.

Gronk

Staff member

in 35 years of supporting this club I've never met a more impressive figure at our club than Peter Nolan, he is one heck of a bloke with an amazing passion to succede...every time I hear this guy speak I feel ten foot tall and bullet proof..

there's a reason why bennett had him at the broncs for 11 years and tried to get him at Newcastle not once but twice..

legend.

I am sure if it was on the calendar from last year, Members were given a colour flyer and also the pizza deal that they would have been there in droves. As some have said it was a last minute thing and the numbers reflected that. IMHO anyways.

Eels Dude

Coach
To add to what Gronk said according to this thread some members didn't even get the email and had to chase up the club about it. Hard to attend when you don't know it's on.

Agree. The timing probably wasn't ideal - 6pm was too early for anyone to get there after work (particularly with the traffic due to the rain).

Tony Bongo

Bench

legend.

Completely to be expected with only nine days notice (that counted me out), a 6.30pm start (many struggle to make the footy by 7pm after working until 5.30pm) and making people jump through hoops by preregistering. It's a real shame that many wouldn't have been able to be there as it sounds like it was a good night.

Delboy

First Grade
Tony, making the journey from the Gold Coast does make it difficult and understandable, as for ED and the others on this board, no excuse if they want to remain critical of just abput everything.

To be honest , they come in and complain and yet are never seen to ask questions of the officials when they set things up

Good night, took every question from the floor, and yet the most ciritical posters were nowhere to be seen, dont say "its early", "not enpugh notice" etc, weak really and they should have made the effort given the way they post

Those living in Sydney should make a more consocious effort

Stagger eel

Staff member
Probably about 70 to 80 I believe only 140 people registered which in itself is ridiculous

Tony, as del says people like you can be excused but the rest I just can't cop it!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
By the way, I notice 3 directors there last night of which 2 were seen at the firehouse post forum, anyone out there prepared to tell me that they're not accessible are deadset kidding themselves!

yeah if i was still in sydney i would have been there for sure even with the short notice.
As for the keyboard hero's thats exactly what they are, sit behind a computer in a dark corner typing away abusing people and bagging the players and coach staff and thats where the sit on game day and when things like last night are on. They are not supporters.

As for the keyboard hero's thats exactly what they are, sit behind a computer in a dark corner typing away abusing people
i've noticed there seems to be an army of these d**kheads around lately especially regarding the big bang theory any forum or facebook page about it has some troglodyte show up to announce that the show is shit and everyone connected with it deserves to die
wtf if you dont like the show dont watch it theres plenty of other stuff on tv