What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open Fan Forum between our CEO and Board

Jodeci

Bench
To add to what Gronk said according to this thread some members didn't even get the email and had to chase up the club about it. Hard to attend when you don't know it's on.

Simple, ring th club and get your email address confirmed

If your still not getting them cause they are going to your spam, get another member to forward it to ya

I posted it as soon as it was released and Twiz let it stay on for a day or 2

Tony, making the journey from the Gold Coast does make it difficult and understandable, as for ED and the others on this board, no excuse if they want to remain critical of just abput everything.

To be honest , they come in and complain and yet are never seen to ask questions of the officials when they set things up

Good night, took every question from the floor, and yet the most ciritical posters were nowhere to be seen, dont say "its early", "not enpugh notice" etc, weak really and they should have made the effort given the way they post

Those living in Sydney should make a more consocious effort

I bet ya that those dopes don't even go to games.

Jodeci

Bench
Tony, making the journey from the Gold Coast does make it difficult and understandable, as for ED and the others on this board, no excuse if they want to remain critical of just abput everything.

To be honest , they come in and complain and yet are never seen to ask questions of the officials when they set things up

Good night, took every question from the floor, and yet the most ciritical posters were nowhere to be seen, dont say "its early", "not enpugh notice" etc, weak really and they should have made the effort given the way they post

Did anyone ask about the Billy Rogers signing?

Did anyone ask about benching Hindy?

Did anyone ask SK about his structure?

Did anyone ask if we are signing Willie Mason, Quade Cooper, SBW, Cooper Cronk, etc

These are the diehard question every member wants to know...

Can't wait for your reply DelBoy

born an eel

Bench

most criticisms on these forums are not about the players or coaching and we have not even played a game this year. This was a forum to get people excited about the season ahead and the direction they are taking the club.

Lets wait until we have played a few games and see what has been learnt from last year and see what structures are in place with the new players before assuming what people are thinking.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I am sure if it was on the calendar from last year, Members were given a colour flyer and also the pizza deal that they would have been there in droves. As some have said it was a last minute thing and the numbers reflected that. IMHO anyways.

serious???...9 days was not enough? :lol:

mate, everyone knows when our football and leagues club AGMs are, every year and last years AGM was well publicised but the turn out was shit as usual...

you can only make so many excuse Gronk the fact remains our fans tend to not want to get off the arses OR are just not interested in this sort of shit.

Delboy

First Grade
Jodeci, I asked the question I was interested in, and waited for the questions above to be asked from the floor by the grims who post on here.

Apparently they couldn't be bothered turning up, so those that did were not able to get the answers to those burning questions.

Where the bloody hell were you?

Stagger eel

Staff member
To add to what Gronk said according to this thread some members didn't even get the email and had to chase up the club about it. Hard to attend when you don't know it's on.

apparently there was a couple but i also know a couple of people who did register only to shrug their shoulders on the day and say, bugger it, i'd rather stay home...

Tony Bongo

Bench
So is 9 days really short notice?

It is if you compare it to how much notice the club gives us about things like the Fan Day and the Season Launch. I'm not really phased by it but I don't think anyone should be surprised by a small turnout. In fact I think getting anywhere near 100 people there is a really good effort under the circumstances. If more than that bothered to register then the 6.30pm start may have come into play.
In any case I'm just grateful that the club finally organised it and I hope that next time they make a few changes to allow more members to participate.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If you have plans already it is.

well mate, you could have plans 6 months ahead...and as I said above there are are those i know who did register but in the end would rather put their feet up at home and watch the cricket and that was their god given choice..

9 days notice:

Capacity: 400

turned up: 70 to 80...

so how id that the clubs fault?

compare that to the large turn out at the last open training session which the notice was probably about the same..

Stagger eel

Staff member
It is if you compare it to how much notice the club gives us about things like the Fan Day and the Season Launch. I'm not really phased by it but I don't think anyone should be surprised by a small turnout. In fact I think getting anywhere near 100 people there is a really good effort under the circumstances. If more than that bothered to register then the 6.30pm start may have come into play.
In any case I'm just grateful that the club finally organised it and I hope that next time they make a few changes to allow more members to participate.

I'm not either given the turn outs each year at the AGM's..

Tony Bongo

Bench
well mate, you could have plans 6 months ahead...and as I said above there are are those i know who did register but in the end would rather put their feet up at home and watch the cricket and that was their god given choice..

9 days notice:

Capacity: 400

turned up: 70 to 80...

so how id that the clubs fault?

compare that to the large turn out at the last open training session which the notice was probably about the same..

If the whole team including Jarryd Hayne and Hindy were there last night, I'm predicting it would have been close to a full house. Not that I expect the whole team to be there but just saying.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
Probably about 70 to 80 I believe only 140 people registered which in itself is ridiculous

Tony, as del says people like you can be excused but the rest I just can't cop it!!
I wonder if the difference in numbers had anything to do with the email a day or 2 out which highlighted the questions which were acceptable to ask? or more to do with the weather?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the whole team including Jarryd Hayne and Hindy were there last night, I'm predicting it would have been close to a full house. Not that I expect the whole team to be there but just saying.

Plus do we really want Jarryd Hayne answering questions? He might be a genius when his football does the talking but as soon as he opens his mouth you're reminded that he's a footballer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wonder if the difference in numbers had anything to do with the email a day or 2 out which highlighted the questions which were acceptable to ask? or more to do with the weather?

mate, you might be right, but in the fair dinkum department who would ask a questions about the admin and board to the blokes on stage anyway?...the weather would have a bit to do with it too, but you can hardly blame the club for that..shit happens with the weather.

born an eel

Bench
mate, you might be right, but in the fair dinkum department who would ask a questions about the admin and board to the blokes on stage anyway?...the weather would have a bit to do with it too, but you can hardly blame the club for that..shit happens with the weather.
exactly my thoughts given the lineup announced, and even if questions were asked who would expect an employee to bag their boss in an open forum. i believe the email was unnecessary and could of been handled better.

Does anyone know how the numbers are for the season launch?

Gronk

Staff member
serious???...9 days was not enough? :lol:

mate, everyone knows when our football and leagues club AGMs are, every year and last years AGM was well publicised but the turn out was shit as usual...

you can only make so many excuse Gronk the fact remains our fans tend to not want to get off the arses OR are just not interested in this sort of shit.

Yes serious. Facts are that if there are 8100 members, 8000 did not front.

I don't think that the low numbers should be considered disappointing at all. As I said before, drop colour flyers in membership packs and give plenty of lead time and you'll get a better result.

Latest posts