What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open Fan Forum between our CEO and Board

Suitman

Post Whore
Just got an email from the club telling me the forums on tomorrow night. It also has a list of topics you are not allowed to ask questions about.

Yep, just got that as well.

I think they should have a second one, where we can ask some of the Directors questions some of the questions we aren't allowed to ask the coaching staff or players.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
If questions are limited to certain topics and only the coach and a couple of players are fielding them, I doubt any questions covered would be any broader than a post match press conference or what we get on eelreel.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Could some please list what they are
Knowing I can't copy the email let me paraphrase what they may or may not have said in my opinion ;-)
At various stages between 6,30pm and 7.30pm there will be questions taken from the floor direct from Eels Members. The Club respectfully asked that all attendees abide by the following guidelines when asking Steve, Peter or Luke a question:

- They said they welcome any questions regarding the Eels football team, their performances, the players, and Club recruitment.

- They did say though that Steve, Peter and Luke are not in a position to comment on any non-football team related questions for example, questions about administration staffing, the Board of Directors, membership packages or stadium queries. These should be communicated directly to the Club office on 02 8843 0300 or via membership@parraeels.com.au.

They reminded us to register via email with our name and membership number as a prerequisite to gaining entry to the event tomorrow evening.

Email membership@parraeels.com.au to secure your spot.

They look forward to seeing you on the night, and sharing a 2-for-1 pizza at the Parra Firehouse restaurant after the conclusion of the event at 7.30pm. (I'm not sure who from the club will be sharing your Pizza)

For more information about the 2012 Members Footy Forum, please call the Eels Membership department on 02 8843 0300.

EELS FOOTY FORUM
Date: Friday 3 February
Time: 6pm for a 6.30pm start
Venue: Parramatta Leagues Club Auditorium
Who: Pre-registered EEL FOR LIFE Members Only: contact memberships@parraeels.com.au to register.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PJ Marshal

Coach
Knowing I can't copy the email let me paraphrase what they may or may not have said in my opinion ;-)
At various stages between 6,30pm and 7.30pm there will be questions taken from the floor direct from Eels Members. The Club respectfully asked that all attendees abide by the following guidelines when asking Steve, Peter or Luke a question:

- They said they welcome any questions regarding the Eels football team, their performances, the players, and Club recruitment.

- They did say though that Steve, Peter and Luke are not in a position to comment on any non-football team related questions for example, questions about administration staffing, the Board of Directors, membership packages or stadium queries. These should be communicated directly to the Club office on 02 8843 0300 or via membership@parraeels.com.au.

They reminded us to register via email with our name and membership number as a prerequisite to gaining entry to the event tomorrow evening.

Email membership@parraeels.com.au to secure your spot.

They look forward to seeing you on the night, and sharing a 2-for-1 pizza at the Parra Firehouse restaurant after the conclusion of the event at 7.30pm. (I'm not sure who from the club will be sharing your Pizza)

For more information about the 2012 Members Footy Forum, please call the Eels Membership department on 02 8843 0300.

EELS FOOTY FORUM
Date: Friday 3 February
Time: 6pm for a 6.30pm start
Venue: Parramatta Leagues Club Auditorium
Who: Pre-registered EEL FOR LIFE Members Only: contact memberships@parraeels.com.au to register.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i can't ask if luke burt thinks paul osbourne is a fat merkin?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep, just got that as well.

I think they should have a second one, where we can ask some of the Directors questions some of the questions we aren't allowed to ask the coaching staff or players.

Suity

I think they do have that mate and it's called an AGM..

but in saying that, and I dont want to start sounding like MITS ( Hi MITS :nwave:).. but I've been encouraging people for years to actually go up to a director at a game or the club and grill them about anything and everything, at the end of the day, they still represent the members, unlike our previous directors, 3 or 4 of these guys actually sit with the punters at home games so they are dead easy to track down especially if you sit on the western side of the ground.

I think they do have that mate and it's called an AGM..

but in saying that, and I dont want to start sounding like MITS ( Hi MITS :nwave:).. but I've been encouraging people for years to actually go up to a director at a game or the club and grill them about anything and everything, at the end of the day, they still represent the members, unlike our previous directors, 3 or 4 of these guys actually sit with the punters at home games so they are dead easy to track down especially if you sit on the western side of the ground.

Hi Stags! :nwave:

Bloody Western side of the ground. What if you sit on the eastern side with the real people!

born an eel

Bench
the title of this thread really needs to be changed, I suggest

"A Censored Fan Forum with the coach and a club legend (and the new guy)."

SDM

First Grade
Fitzy would have allowed all questions to be asked, then he would have shouted them down.

Gronk

Staff member
And here we go again...

LOL Mickdo you must patrol the forums waiting for any Board sledge and then ....... BAM !!! Out you pop ! :lol:

graphics-peeping-tom-101563.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
but I've been encouraging people for years to actually go up to a director at a game or the club and grill them about anything and everything, at the end of the day, they still represent the members, unlike our previous directors, 3 or 4 of these guys actually sit with the punters at home games so they are dead easy to track down especially if you sit on the western side of the ground.

Yep, as you know, I've been advocating that strategy as well. Most of them are easy to find at the club before or after a game, and are more than happy to answer questions.

Suity

Latest posts