What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

And in no way can it all be contributed to Hayne. It WAS a team thing, I didn't see Hayne make every run and every tackle and score every try. If it was all Hayne last year, then he obviously played much, much worse this year.
i remember in that winning run before every single game just like clockwork someone from whoever we were playing that week would come out with the headline "I'll stop hayne" but when you watch the actual games grothe, reddy and burt were the ones running amuck because everyone rushed up on jarryd and left gaps in the line they made the initial break then passed to jarryd who either scored himself or set up someone else

and on tahu his timing stinks if he wasn't happy why not say something at the time? coming out with this now just looks like a cheap shot kicking ando while he's down

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
I can see where people are coming from when they say "It was all Hayne last year" and to a certain extent I agree. But to me this proves it wasn't just Hayne. The first semi final on that marvelous Sunday afternoon at Kogarah we would not have won that match if it wasn't for Ando. He employed quality tactics and he knew we could only beat them once hence why he left Grothe and Hindy out the week before, so we would be written off. He told the boys to not conceed any points in the frist 30 mins and if they did the game was there to be won. He knew exactly how to defend them and it worked. Ok, Hayne scored that freakish try but we still would have won without it. I'm not saying Hayne was useless this game just the fact that it wasn't all Hayne.

I can see where people are coming from when they say "It was all Hayne last year" and to a certain extent I agree. But to me this proves it wasn't just Hayne. The first semi final on that marvelous Sunday afternoon at Kogarah we would not have won that match if it wasn't for Ando. He employed quality tactics and he knew we could only beat them once hence why he left Grothe and Hindy out the week before, so we would be written off. He told the boys to not conceed any points in the frist 30 mins and if they did the game was there to be won. He knew exactly how to defend them and it worked. Ok, Hayne scored that freakish try but we still would have won without it. I'm not saying Hayne was useless this game just the fact that it wasn't all Hayne.
guru's intercept and burt's field goal won us the game hayne's try was just the icing on the cake

mrpwnd

Bench
i remember in that winning run every single week just like clockwork someone from whoever we were playing that week would come out with the headline "I'll stop hayne" but when you watch the actual games grothe, reddy and burt were the ones running amuck because everyone rushed up on jarryd and left gaps in the line they made the initial break then passed to jarryd who either scored himself or set up someone else

and on tahu his timing stinks if he wasn't happy why not say something at the time? coming out with this now just looks like a cheap shot kicking ando while he's down
I'd say it's because Boohoo knows he's played sh*t all season and this seems like the best way to say 'not really my fault I played bad though'. It seems his stint in union gave him some extra estrogen, I don't remember the old Tahu being such a pussy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

As a couple of people have already mentioned, I think this is just Tahu looking for a new contract. He's showing support for the board (helpful) while making excuses for his poor post-Origin form.

For what it's worth, I think Tahu was excellent prior to Origin 1; I remember his attacking stats (linebreaks, linebreak assists, etc) were among the best of all centres at the time. He might've made some glaring misses in defence but he also made a couple of massive hits. His timing will be better next year but he also might still be carrying injuries. And if so his frustration might get to him like it did this year.

I suspect the club sees him as a massive risk on the kind of money he probably expects.

As a couple of people have already mentioned, I think this is just Tahu looking for a new contract. He's showing support for the board (helpful) while making excuses for his poor post-Origin form.

For what it's worth, I think Tahu was excellent prior to Origin 1; I remember his attacking stats (linebreaks, linebreak assists, etc) were among the best of all centres at the time. He might've made some glaring misses in defence but he also made a couple of massive hits. His timing will be better next year but he also might still be carrying injuries. And if so his frustration might get to him like it did this year.

I suspect the club sees him as a massive risk on the kind of money he probably expects.
it seemed like the last 2 months of the comp he was always either injured or suspended he needs to get a lot more game time and do something with it to earn his keep

Suitman

Post Whore
I've been away for a few days at a relaxing resort.
It's amazing to come back and read some of the comments in this thread.
I know people are passionate, but some of the stuff I have read about an existing Eels player in this thread is nothing short of embarressing.
I don't know what to say tbh.
It's really disappointing.

Suity

IFR33K

Coach
I know people are passionate, but some of the stuff I have read about an existing Eels player in this thread is nothing short of embarressing.

Suity

No suity, what's embarressing is that This muppet left us to go to a piss poor excuse of a game, for the $$$$$

while at union, he knocked our game, only to return to league.

After a poor season, by his standard and several dummy spits, he still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut. It's about time he done his talking on the field, and followed suit the actions of some of the other senior players.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know why. Because he's tall and he's got a big face.

Having spent all my adult life in alpha-male environments, I can tell you that tall men with big faces command respect from lesser men, regardless of intelligence or ability.

The deep baritone of a tall man with a big face inspires courage and confidence in his subordinates. I think Kearney will turn out to be a great motivator. Anderson did always seem a bit flabby, which is a poor look for a supposed leader.

I too am excited about Kearney coming to the club.

That's very interesting (aside from saying I am a lesser man :( lol).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's very interesting (aside from saying I am a lesser man :( lol).

It's also why women are underrepresented at the highest levels of corporate governance - because they tend to be short and have small faces.

And as a 179cm man with an average-sized face I feel your pain.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's also why women are underrepresented at the highest levels of corporate governance - because they tend to be short and have small faces.

And as a 179cm man with an average-sized face I feel your pain.

If your avatar is your face and you are that short, you've got no hope buddy!! :lol::lol:

Just kidding, because, after having been away for three days, I'm finding all these threads so f**king boring.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Suity

salvy71

Juniors
Until now, I have not spoken on what has happened to our club recently.

I too , wish Timana would stay out of the limelight, and just get on with what he is ment to be doing - representing our club & playing footy.

However, what I would put to everyone who supports our club is: Had we not gone through the amazing winning run last year, that was very much attributable to one J Hayne - would everyone still be giving Daniel Anderson the support that he currently enjoys?

Whilst I think the way that it was handled was poor, I dont know if the ultimate decision was incorrect.

I know personally, I was feeling like we were headed for the spoon at different times last year. This year, I started with much anticipation(like many others) and were left feeling empty.

What Jarryd Hayne did last year, was freakish, and as much as I want to believe it was a team thing, I can help but reflect, and believe that it was ultimately because of him & not so much the other players or coach.

I dont know if a change in coach will fix our on field issues, but, we certainly need something.

If we had not made the 8 last year, and again not making the 8 this year, I truly believe people's attitude to this whole thing would be different - and we would be seeing many more posts, agreeing that the board made the correct decision.

It seems that Anderson had very little control of recruitment/retention at the club .....if this continues under Kearney then nothing will change .

Parra Guru

Coach
FMD Suity, the guy played a handful of games in 2010 for a sh*tload of money & he's immune to criticism because he's still on our roster?? But he's allowed to bag anyone he wants??

What's actually funnier is that people were complaining that Grothe didn't want to take a pay cut to stay at the Eels... Well tell me what Tahu has done better than Guru this season to warrant triple his salary??

mrpwnd

Bench

Suity
Where was this post when Morts, MK, Inu, Mateo, Robson and KK copped a heap load of sh*t this season. At least to their credit they aren't coming out to whinge to the DT.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I wish we had someone there who could step into the club and say to some of those players

"Ive seen you play, and you've been pretty ordinary, so pull your finger out of your @rse and play some footy, and if you cant handle it then f***k off somewhere else"

Tahu to me played with poor attitude and to come out say that is just embarrassing for the club. He's done nothing since he came here from Union, and he should wake up to himself and just play footy, that also goes for a lot of the players in our squad. Its time they should pull their heads in. If they did that earlier, then Anderson would still be here.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I wish we had someone there who could step into the club and say to some of those players

"Ive seen you play, and you've been pretty ordinary, so pull your finger out of your @rse and play some footy, and if you cant handle it then f***k off somewhere else"

Tahu to me played with poor attitude and to come out say that is just embarrassing for the club. He's done nothing since he came here from Union, and he should wake up to himself and just play footy, that also goes for a lot of the players in our squad. Its time they should pull their heads in. If they did that earlier, then Anderson would still be here.

Pricey would. I dare say Pricey wants to, badly.

Latest posts