What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I wish we had someone there who could step into the club and say to some of those players

"Ive seen you play, and you've been pretty ordinary, so pull your finger out of your @rse and play some footy, and if you cant handle it then f***k off somewhere else"

Tahu to me played with poor attitude and to come out say that is just embarrassing for the club. He's done nothing since he came here from Union, and he should wake up to himself and just play footy, that also goes for a lot of the players in our squad. Its time they should pull their heads in. If they did that earlier, then Anderson would still be here.

This.

Suitman

Post Whore
Where was this post when Morts, MK, Inu, Mateo, Robson and KK copped a heap load of sh*t this season. At least to their credit they aren't coming out to whinge to the DT.

I've been disappointed with some of the sh*te I've read about the players you have mentioned as well.
Problem is, I didn't disagree with most of it.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If they did that earlier, then Anderson would still be here.

If Anderson was able to motivate the players he would still be here too.

He can't be held blameless and I'm sure if he really did have the support of most of the players he would still be there.

Suitman

Post Whore
No suity, what's embarressing is that This muppet left us to go to a piss poor excuse of a game, for the $$$$$

while at union, he knocked our game, only to return to league.

After a poor season, by his standard and several dummy spits, he still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut. It's about time he done his talking on the field, and followed suit the actions of some of the other senior players.

Sorry mate, but I can't be as judgemental as that.
I have time for Tahu. I'm also disappointed in what he delivered to us this year, but am smart enough to understand that he was offered little quality service from his inside providers.
That's enough for me.

Suity

skeepe

Immortal
Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else find it ironic that he was whinging that he was being forced to train with an injured ankle that "still isn't right"... and he was doing this whinging from Kangaroos training?

Does Anderson's hold over the players still reach so far that he's being forced into Kangaroos training with a busted ankle by him too?

Funny sh*t. What an epic whinger.

Eels Dude

Coach
Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else find it ironic that he was whinging that he was being forced to train with an injured ankle that "still isn't right"... and he was doing this whinging from Kangaroos training?

Does Anderson's hold over the players still reach so far that he's being forced into Kangaroos training with a busted ankle by him too?

You know it's one of the saddest days of your life when you're forced to agree with skeepe.

Eels Dude

Coach

You know it's one of the saddest days of your life when you're forced to agree with skeepe.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He's got little to gain by resting his ankle now. Not when he desperately needs a contract for next year.

born an eel

Bench
He's got little to gain by resting his ankle now. Not when he desperately needs a contract for next year.
do you really think ozzie is not going to sign him?

I think a lot of ozzie's motivation in removing DA was the fact that DA was questioning the need to re-sign T.

Realistically we should wait to see how his dodgy ankle pulls up before offering him anything but I can bet that wont happen now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
do you really think ozzie is not going to sign him?

It's more a question of how much he'll be re-signed for - if Tahu was happy with $100k he'd have his new contract already. With Wright and Inu gone, and Reddy long-term injured I'd say Tahu will certainly be re-signed.

But now that Parra seems to be looking for another centre (Tonga?), and with Phil Graham coming to the club, the one thing that's working in Tahu's favour is Reddy's injury. That will give Tahu some bargaining power over the value of the contract he signs - I'd say Tahu will want $300k or more, while the club will be leaning towards an incentive-based contract (something like $100k + $5k/match).

They'll surely meet somewhere in the middle but thanks to Reddy's injury, Timana Tahu will get a lot more from his new contract than he would have otherwise. Then again, if Parra signs 2 new centres (I have no idea who, I'm just throwing it out there) then Tahu will once again find himself with little bargaining power.

I think a lot of ozzie's motivation in removing DA was the fact that DA was questioning the need to re-sign T.

I don't think Ozzie's ego is that big, nor do I think the rest of the board would allow it to result in having to pay out the final year of Anderson's contract.

Osbourne and the board are motivated by a desire for success - both on the field and financially (obviously these are closely linked). This year was a disaster for our drive to recruit more fans, and whatever the reasons, the players didn't respond to Anderson this year. Either he had to go, or the players did, and we all know who loses in that battle.

We might've been grand finalists last year but really, we finished 8th, then did well in the lottery that is finals footy.

Even finishing 8th is bad because throughout the year you have fans complaining that the team's not winning every week, and worrying they might miss the finals, and you don't want that as a club. The Broncos suffered on the field this year and they'll feel it financially over the off-season. So will we.

Realistically we should wait to see how his dodgy ankle pulls up before offering him anything but I can bet that wont happen now.

I think they're waiting to see if we sign any more centres.

eel01s

Bench
Well Jodeci has reported that Reddy is fine, no long term injury concerns....

So if we do nab Graham, or chase Tonga, then I think that doesn't bode well for Tahu. Having said that I think there is little chance that Ozzie/new coach won't offer him a contract on decent money.

btaag

Juniors
If we pay Tahu more than $250k next season (and beyond), we are fools. He still has loads of potential (especially if Kearney can get his tempremental head straight), though a very risky 2 year proposition at $300k +

andrew057

First Grade
If we pay Tahu more than $250k next season (and beyond), we are fools. He still has loads of potential (especially if Kearney can get his tempremental head straight), though a very risky 2 year proposition at $300k +

I think it would be sheer stupidity and incompetence if he were to be signed for anything over 200k a season. Unfortunately the current board doesnt fill me with much confidence in regards to their recruitment and reinvention.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pay Tahu match payments. Also don't let him play unless he says he is 100% fit.

Yeah that's the problem with match payments - it's a big incentive to play injured.

Unfortunately the current board doesnt fill me with much confidence in regards to their recruitment and reinvention.

The thing is it's not all about what happens on the field. Guys like Tahu, Mortimer and Grothe are big names, and they affect how many season tickets and memberships the club picks up each year. Some players you just have to pay overs for, in order to keep the fans happy.

I remember during the Super League signing frenzy, Bob Fulton's son ended up on ridiculously big money when he signed with the ARL. At the time people criticised the ARL for paying overs to the Australian coach's son until it was pointed out that Super League offered him big money too - the son of the ARL's national team coach would be a major propaganda victory for Super League, and the ARL had to counter.

It's similar to what happened with Mortimer last year. The Bulldogs had to make a big play for him because their fans expected it. Parra had to enter a bidding war because the fans would have rioted if we'd lost him. Financially he's good to have at the club because certain demographics adore him. When he starts playing well again (all he needs is an improvement to his physical strength) he'll once more be the face of the club and we'll have to install non-slip seating at the stadium for his legion of fans.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With all the girls sliding out of their seats when Morts scores a try, you wouldn't want anybody to hurt themselves.

offside ref

Juniors
i love t but as much as it hurts i say let him go he hasn't showed he deserves his spot. and i agree he is turning into a bit of a cry baby.