What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

Brutus

Referee
ocko said:
he's a very, very unfortunate looking man

gee this is a boring press conference to be honest

:lol:

You got that right. Now Smithy's waffling on.

To be honest I think Joey's over playing RL anyway. He was around the time of almost signing with union. Hardly a convincing press conference Joe boy!

ocko

juniors
lol, pretty incredible that it's not on a 24 hour sports news channel

on sky news i'm watching it

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Very sad indeed. Andrew Johns is one of the true champions of our game. It's unfortunate that he has had to go out like this, but there are something's more important than footy.

Good Luck Mr. Johns, you will be missed.

rabs

Staff member
yeah a great career, looking forward to seeing him as a coach in the future

Brutus

Referee
My young son has just walked in the room and I've had to turn it off in case John Fordham comes on the screen again.

Notell

Juniors
Andrew Johns would do well on the Footy Show, at least the Sunday edition, for the Thursday one is tripe. I found him good when doing the State of Origins, and it is unlikely he would try to be funny like the others. Actually I think he could be at least as professional and insightful as Sterling was.

By the way, what a crowd on LU. 361 people...is this usual, or due to the Johns news?

Smartman

Juniors
daveserc said:
But all the time there are a good half a dozen or so players that are special to watch - just that when we're talking about Johns we're talking about someone a little better again ;-)

Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one :cool:

Trentski

Juniors
Rugby League will miss Johns hugely.

Too bad he couldnt retire on his own terms.

Good luck to the bloke in the future!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Wow!

Love him or loathe him he his a living legend of our game. I will take great pleasure in telling my children that I saw one of the greatest of all time run around. The game will move on and continue to grow, but it will also be a little worse off without him. Best of luck to him in retirement and cheers for the memories.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm a bit gutted myself.

Oh well, there is a positive out of this... we get to see Paul Harrogan cry on Thursday night :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene Krupa

Referee
Completely shattered!

Now I know what it feels like to be a Faiders fan.

(Apologies to the decent Canberra fans.)

Latest posts