What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

sharko

Juniors
He was very lucky that such an innocuous hit happened at training and that he was not cleaned up by an opposition forward in a match because the damage then could well have been permanent.
As for Fordham, he is looking so boggle eyed beause he will be out of pocket a sh*t load in commission fees and has probably just checked his bank balance.

Hindyscrack

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
Wow!

Love him or loathe him he his a living legend of our game. I will take great pleasure in telling my children that I saw one of the greatest of all time run around. The game will move on and continue to grow, but it will also be a little worse off without him. Best of luck to him in retirement and cheers for the memories.

touche

Ghoulies

Bench
He had nothing left to prove and quite simply neck injuries aren't to be f**ked with.

Best wishes for the future Andrew.

juanfarkall

Coach
Brutus said:
Maybe the knights can coax Luke Felsch out of retirement. I hear he has lost a lot of weight and is looking at playing halfback.

f**k John Fordham really does resemble Crazy John. Eyes going everywhere.

Crazy John has more credibility than Fordham will ever have.

Jono078

Referee
Ah thats dissapointing :(

But what can you do?

I'm gonna miss watching him play, my bes memories of him are 2001 premiership and 2005 Origin.

Wish him luck for the future, hopefully he can be involved with the Knights and help us out somewhat.

Wonder what the Knights do now.. We will be the only team on a 3 mill cap now. Whats Ben Walker doing these days?

Very sad day for rugby league..they say that league always tosses up stars but he was our star and what a damn fine player he was..i doubt if ill see a better player at such a high level..the way he tore apart the goosters in the semi final of 2001...the way he took apart brisbane in the height of their prime after coming back from injury..the game in brisbane at the opening of their stadium...he can do no more in the game..sometimes i think that "alloofness" hid a certain shyness..and a competitive streak that took control of him at times..but he was doing it all for his team and team mates..newcastle..NSW or australia..to many moments to count really
best of luck joey..the knights will miss you and the way you played the game..really changed the game..and thats the mark of a champion player.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
Meh...I still say that about Scott Hardy.

Wow, where did you pull that name from!
I remember him playing vs the dogs and halligan made a break and he tried to chase him. Terry Lamb was about 30m behind in support and he ran straight past Hardy as if he was standing still!
He is a Ripleys Believe or Not in terms of how he played 1st grade.

flamin

Juniors
ucantseeme said:
Cant he just have an operation then try to be back for finals footy, then give it away

At the press conference they said its not something that can be fixed by surgery. hes not in any pain but i think its just one of those percaution things. IF he continues playing he risks permanent spinal damage

Mal Meninga

Bench
What's doing with his manager? Looked like he was having a stroke mid press conference as one of his eyes stopped lurking.

innsaneink

Referee
At least the last time i saw him live he was at his best, game II origin 05.
That try he laid on for I think Buderus, right in front of us, brilliant.

Raider_69

Post Whore
flamin said:
to think his last game was that mauling by Canberra

pretty ordinary way to end things isnt it?
thrashed by the wooden spoon favourites with a team full of blokes most havnt herd of and out played by Todd Carney... history will show that to be not nearly as bad as it sounds now

Apey

Staff member
TheBourbonBeast said:
C'mon lets get back to johns bashing....

He didn't hurt his neck at training - he hurt it in the shower...with matty.....

Lolz, you sound more likely to be an inbred comitting incest than Joey does D:

Latest posts