What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

Raider_69

Post Whore
Brutus said:

to be honest it wouldnt surprise me to see them make a play for michael dobson or todd carney, Dobbo is off contract end of this year and carney next.

Knights fans, Is Luke Walsh ready to step up?

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's an atrocious way to go out, but not all players can get the Webcke finish. A sad day, irregardless of what a douche he was capable of being

I don't think so. Carney and Dobson sound good, though :lol:

Smartman

Juniors
Dodger said:
:lol:

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=13352

Andrew Johns retires, effective immediately
Written by: Michael Edgar
April 10th, 2007 03:59 PM
[z]1684[/z]

Regardless of which team you support, Rugby League is poorer for the loss of Johns and his on field heroics and there is no doubt Johns deserved a more fitting finale than a 48-18 loss at the hands of the Canberra Raiders.

Nice.

Hmm no, we still have players of the calibre of Lockyer, Mason, Inglis, Thurston, Marshall, SBW and so on....

Titanic

First Grade
Coach in Waiting of the Knights and commentator of the syncronised swimming at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 because he deserves a media gig but all the League spots have gone. Rugby League will miss him but three times a year Qld supporters won't.

macavity

Referee
Raider_69 said:
to be honest it wouldnt surprise me to see them make a play for michael dobson or todd carney, Dobbo is off contract end of this year and carney next.

Walshy is injured, and at any rate makes Soward look like the Hulk

I think we should go for one of them, I mean where would you rather live, boring Canberra or beautiful Newcastle.....

still

I think im gunna cry....

Raider_69

Post Whore
CWBush said:
It's an atrocious way to go out, but not all players can get the Webcke finish. A sad day, irregardless of what a douche he was capable of being

I don't think so. Carney and Dobson sound good, though :lol:

Carney has talked up being a one club man, so i doubt you'd get him, but Dobbo seems fairly keen not to commit to the club too soon, and there is no way without johns on the books we could match the knights dollar for dollar

interesting times ahead

Frederick

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
Walshy badly injured his leg/ankle in round 1, and will be out for a while.

Our current premier league halves are Marvin Karawana and Scott Dureau, and I don't think either is ready for the permanent step up just yet :(

macavity said:
Walshy is injured, and at any rate makes Soward look like the Hulk

I think we should go for one of them, I mean where would you rather live, boring Canberra or beautiful Newcastle.....

still

I think im gunna cry....

Wouldn't be suprised to see Dobbo go, but wouldn't cry with Marc Herbert waiting in the wings

Brutus

Referee
Maybe the knights can coax Luke Felsch out of retirement. I hear he has lost a lot of weight and is looking at playing halfback.

f**k John Fordham really does resemble Crazy John. Eyes going everywhere.

Misanthrope

Staff member
smartman said:
Hmm no, we still have players of the calibre of Lockyer, Mason, Inglis, Thurston, Marshall, SBW and so on....

I should sue you for false advertising.

Get rid of Wayne Pearce from fox and stick Johns in his place

f**k Laurie Daley off, instead. The guy makes me dumber for having watched. If I weren't already a genius, I'd be at the level of a Cronulla fan by now.

ocko

juniors
he's a very, very unfortunate looking man

gee this is a boring press conference to be honest

Serc

First Grade
Smartman said:

But all the time there are a good half a dozen or so players that are special to watch - just that when we're talking about Johns we're talking about someone a little better again ;-)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why doesn't Smithy get a seat? Get that fat mongloid Fordham off the screen and give Smithy a seat!

Latest posts