What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gene Krupa said:
Mate, you're just jealous that no Faiders players have been OR ever will be call the greatest player ever.

Melingara, superleague doofus. Weekly, biased joke commentator. Spewart, can't coach and always the second place to Alfie. All footnotes in league history with an asterix saying disloyal cap cheats.

Sucks to be you!

:lol: Someone get GK on suicide watch, he is going to break down any moment :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Where to now for Joey? Footy show?

Seems a safe bet. Surely he'll eventually move into a coaching gig. Being the best player in the game puts him in good stead to be one of the better coaches

Mal Meninga

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
Mate, you're just jealous that no Faiders players have been OR ever will be call the greatest player ever.

Melingara, superleague doofus.
Don't bring Mal into this... His record speaks for itself.

salivor

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
I know a quoted you but it wasn't really directed at you, it was a general post to everyone. Sorry mate.

No worries and I don't want to start the debate again either. Lockyer has had his character and ability assasinated enough over the years for having the nerve to play in the same era as Johns without adding one more thread to the list.

On Johns, best of luck to him, as a Broncos and Queensland supporter I'll quite happily admit he's the best player of his era. Unfortunately most Qld supporters won't be able to forget those 2 SOO matches in 2005 and some of his performances for Newcastle down the years. All the best to Joey for the future, I just hope it doesn't involve a television gig with Channel 9 :cool: .

Mal Meninga

Bench
CWBush said:
Seems a safe bet. Surely he'll eventually move into a coaching gig. Being the best player in the game puts him in good stead to be one of the better coaches
I'd be happy to have him on there so long as he replaces Chef. Even Newcastle fans couldn't bare to see that :lol:

Apey

Staff member
If Brian Smith causes us to bomb out and go sh*t, I'll take Joey as Coach ^_^

innsaneink

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
In the past 15 years Johns has been on the front and back page of the papers and the first news story more then any other Australian sports personality except for Shane Warne.

Stop tyring to pass of your hatred of Johns as a majority thing too you tool, most will remember him for his on field greatness.

LOL...name calling, tsk tsk. [-X

Where did i say I hated him, and please dont tell me how i should think, if you dont like it, tough.

Its my opinion on him, Im disappointed I dont remember the genius first, unfortunately the negatives in his make up override anything positive he's done. Nothing to do with me, its his fault.
Most will remember his dummy spits, theres more RL fans than Knights fans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=13352

Andrew Johns retires, effective immediately
Written by: Michael Edgar
April 10th, 2007 03:59 PM
[z]1684[/z]
Andrew Johns, the greatest player in the modern era of Rugby League, has retired, effective immediately.

Johns injured his neck at training last week and today consulted surgeon Dr John Yeo as to the severity of the injury to his neck.

Johns won two premierships with the Newcastle Knights (1997 and 2001), captained Australia, NSW and Newcastle and also had a short stint with Warrington in the English Super League.

Johns played 23 games for NSW, 21 for Australia and 249 games for the Newcastle Knights.

Johns contemplated switching to Rugby Union several years ago but decided to remain in Rugby League until he retired. Now that day has come, it remains unclear what the future holds for Johns but he does have a contract with Channel Nine so he may well move into commentary in the not to distant future.

Regardless of which team you support, Rugby League is poorer for the loss of Johns and his on field heroics and there is no doubt Johns deserved a more fitting finale than a 48-18 loss at the hands of the Canberra Raiders.

Nice.

Latest posts