What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

_Johnsy

Referee
Le KooK said:
I can't really foresee Johns turning up to a packed press conference and saying:

"Hi, yeah...I'm fine - see you all on the weekend"

However, once an egomaniac......

Spoken like a true QLD'er

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've been asked by a few already... here's the first I've made:
joey1-ftal.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Can be fixed easily... I was never sure. I know it was vs Souths and the score was 43-14, but the score eludes me :oops:

A great player who played the game with heart and passion...a superb set kicker and open play kicker. A geniune great of the modern era...

i hope for him and his familys sake that his neck will be okay and that what ever he chooses to do in the future will be a success..........but football wise i am glad to see the back of the spoilt petulant prick

as ink said he was a great footballer but a wanker of the highest order dont let the door hit you joey

Timmah

Staff member
On the field he will be remembered greatly and when it comes to our common passion on this board that's what matters. It's been said - he's a c-word off the field in many respects but a brilliant player on the field and thats how we should hold him in our heads.

Jordan

Juniors
I'm pretty disapointed... he's definitely one of my all time favourite players.. though being a queenslander, around origin time, he was always that player you used to love to hate. Aside from that it was great having him in the green and gold, and he always made watching Knights games all the more entertaining.

Best player I've ever seen. A true champion. Good luck in the future, Andrew.

Jake86

Juniors
Sad to see the end of a great career....one of the greatest i've ever seen and will most likely be crowned an immortal.

Dodger said:
On the field he will be remembered greatly and when it comes to our common passion on this board that's what matters. It's been said - he's a c-word off the field in many respects but a brilliant player on the field and thats how we should hold him in our heads.
would you have met the bloke off the field dodger?

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Wow, where did you pull that name from!
I remember him playing vs the dogs and halligan made a break and he tried to chase him. Terry Lamb was about 30m behind in support and he ran straight past Hardy as if he was standing still!
He is a Ripleys Believe or Not in terms of how he played 1st grade.

I still remember shedding a tear the day the great Hardy retired.

Timmah

Staff member
Holla if ya hear me said:
would you have met the bloke off the field dodger?
Saw him a few times in clubs up around Newcastle, always playing the sleaze. Hardly reliable source, seeing him in a pub, I'm aware of that, but other reported off field antics and such are well documented, not to mention his sh*tty attitude in more recent years, which has been acknowledged by even RABK at some points.

I'm not sure why you're focusing on that though. The general sentiment is of goodwill, don't go out of your way to turn it into a sh*tfight.

On that note, two more banners for diehard Joeyfans:

joey3-seven.jpg

joey2-simple.jpg

Rod

Bench
Hey dodger I know its a big ask but would it be possible for you to do a tribute wallpaper, maybe just one with a photo of him celebrating and the same 94-07 stuff as well.

Thanks very much in advance if you are able to do it.

_Johnsy

Referee
Dodge I met him once, i was in the process of organising some stuff for a children's ward auction. There were literally hundreds of people wanting 2 minutes of his time (me included)

He stood there for about 2 hours, gave every one there a few minutes of his time, I patiently waited, he introduced himself (you could see he was very very tired and he had, had enough)
I told him about our fundraiser, he seemed genuinley interested, and then asked me to wait for another 30 min while he had some lunch, came back and signed the boots for auction. from my meeting he was a nice guy more than happy to give much of his time to plenty of people he did not know from a bar of soap.

Sounds like a real asshole, but then again I am going off a personal experience not some story 4th hand.

Latest posts