What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

innsaneink

Referee
Frederick said:
So for all the achievements in his career - 2 premierships, 3 dally m's, great performances for state and country - you're choosing to remember him for that? :roll:

No, not choosing, it just happens that way.

There'll always be a "but" when discussing Johns long into the future..

IE: " ...yeh, great player, but, A grade wanker too..."

Lazarus, Fittler, Lewis, Alexander etc etc dont get that for soem reason.

well done on a great career joey:clap:

I will never forget that origin master class in 2005 when he came back for game 2. His kicking game that night was something of legend.

Brutus

Referee
One Johns is enough on TV.

Be a coach or something Joey.

Maybe he will announce he is finally going to union. He can play in a dinner suit like Grogan does and not get hurt.

Frederick

Staff member
CWBush said:
Where the hell are Lazarus and Freddy these days, anyway?
Freddy's doing a Geoff Toovey - running water for the Roosters and coaching them on field

Apey

Staff member
As much as I hate to say it, I was kind of hoping he would quit soon. He's a great player and I loff him <3, but he's getting beaten up too much playing rugby league. Time to retire ^_^

We've played enough games without him now to understand that we *can* do it without him, it's not an impossible thing :|

Hope he's okay!

DeeGan

Bench
Congrats on one of THE great rugby league careers Andrew Johns.

A sad day for rugby league.

juanfarkall

Coach
One Johns is one too many on TV....

Hopefully this does not mean that we will get stuck with another Newcastle wanker on Nein.

RABK

Referee
innsaneink said:
No, not choosing, it just happens that way.

There'll always be a "but" when discussing Johns long into the future..

IE: " ...yeh, great player, but, A grade wanker too..."

Lazarus, Fittler, Lewis, Alexander etc etc dont get that for soem reason.

In the past 15 years Johns has been on the front and back page of the papers and the first news story more then any other Australian sports personality except for Shane Warne.

Stop tyring to pass of your hatred of Johns as a majority thing too you tool, most will remember him for his on field greatness.

Brutus

Referee
juanfarkall said:
One Johns is one too many on TV....

Hopefully this does not mean that we will get stuck with another Newcastle wanker on Nein.

I'm just glad there is only 2 brothers. Imagine if there was four or five of them.

Hindyscrack

Bench
If you've got nothing nice to say about Joey then leave it for another time.

One of the greats of the game retires and a few keyboard hero's think its time to chuck their two cents in. Like him or not, the bloke has made a magnificent contribution to our game.

I'm not a newcastle fan, but I am quite saddened that I will never be able to watch Joey play again. Also one of the few characters left in the game, where players throw out cliche after cliche.

salivor

First Grade
CWBush said:
So Queenslanders keep saying. If it were true, you wouldn't need to keep bringing it up.

Great logic, following that geniused line of thinking, Johns isn't the best player in the world or better than Lockyer because if it were true New South Welshmen and Novacastrians wouldn't need to keep bringing it up ad-nauseum.

TeamSatan

Juniors
It is sad that we will never see him play again.......
One of the greats.........
In the future you will all be saying " i saw Andrew Johns play".

seeya joey