What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

Carlito

Juniors
As other have said, a truly great player, however injuries have blighted him over the past 3 or so years. Sad to see him go out this way.

Misanthrope

Staff member
In the same breathe i cant help but wonder if maybe this is karma coming back to bite the arse of Andrew Johns the person.

Being a jerk doesn't exactly merit karma ending your career in such a sh*t way. Maybe if he'd beaten children and robbed orphans - all he did was have an ego. If karma had to deal out that kind of treatment to every arrogant footballer - we'd have a four team league.

Coaster

Bench
At the end of the day, he is retiring not dying.

Its just a sport, a bloody good one but still just a sport, his health is more important than playing a game FFS.

Cheers for the memories Johnsie, good luck with the future.

cram

Bench
CWBush said:
Being a jerk doesn't exactly merit karma ending your career in such a sh*t way. Maybe if he'd beaten children and robbed orphans - all he did was have an ego. If karma had to deal out that kind of treatment to every arrogant footballer - we'd have a four team league.

and a hell of alot less people on this forum :sarcasm:

brooksy19

Bench
Sad to see him go out like this, but in the end its only a game, he has kids and lets be honest its football not netball, he'd be stupid to risk his nek by playing on.

innsaneink

Referee
I cant help think of last years snubbing at Parra.....he'll always be a spoilt bad sport first and footy genuius second....see ya bargearse

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Always heted the prick, glad to see the end of him. as i don't watch channel 9 i wont have to put up with his ugly mug on TV.

Hi 5 Sonny Bill Steve Simpson and every other player who contributed to his demise.

Brutus

Referee
Wally Lewis was a better commentator too (and that's not saying much for Joey).

Please keep Joey off Nein. He is not a good TV talent.

Frederick

Staff member
innsaneink said:
I cant help think of last years snubbing at Parra.....he'll always be a spoilt bad sport first and footy genuius second....see ya bargearse
So for all the achievements in his career - 2 premierships, 3 dally m's, great performances for state and country - you're choosing to remember him for that? :roll:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Always heted the prick, glad to see the end of him. as i don't watch channel 9 i wont have to put up with his ugly mug on TV.

I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. The satellites might be reading your thoughts again

Wally Lewis was a better player.

So Queenslanders keep saying. If it were true, you wouldn't need to keep bringing it up.

RABK

Referee
CWBush said:
I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. The satellites might be reading your thoughts again

So Queenslanders keep saying. If it were true, you wouldn't need to keep bringing it up.

:LOL:

The Preacher

First Grade
TheBourbonBeast said:

Hi 5 Sonny Bill Steve Simpson and every other player who contributed to his demise.

You swallow, ya goose.

Brutus

Referee
CWBush said:

Oh it's true baby and I aint no Queenslander!

Cammo

Bench
Brutus said:
Wally Lewis was a better commentator too (and that's not saying much for Joey).

Please keep Joey off Nein. He is not a good TV talent.

No he wasn't. Wally did like a good golly now and then though.

Shorty

Staff member
CWBush said:
Or maybe it's because NSWelshmen say he's 'their' Wally.

But it isn't about that,people are a little harsh...the guy has retired...it's a time to acknowledge his efforts in football nothing else.