What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Will this be the excuse all you cockroaches use after you get flogged in the origin?

Lewis was twice the player of johns, and 10 times the better man.

Brutus

Referee
TeamSatan said:
It is sad that we will never see him play again.......
One of the greats.........
In the future you will all be saying " i saw Andrew Johns play".

seeya joey

Meh...I still say that about Scott Hardy.

RABK

Referee
salivor said:
Great logic, following that geniused line of thinking, Johns isn't the best player in the world or better than Lockyer because if it were true New South Welshmen and Novacastrians wouldn't need to keep bringing it up ad-nauseum.

How about we save the Johns vs Lewis/Lockyer sh*t for another day. I think you'll find Darren Lockyer himself will probably admit that Johns was the greatest he played with/against and Johns will return the thought.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Raider, you and you only think you're funny.

Who's trying to be funny? Nothing ive said in this thread has been a joke.
Hindyscrack trying to tell people when and where to express an opinion is a joke, but cant say any of my posts have been :)

Hindyscrack said:
If you've got nothing nice to say about Joey then leave it for another time.

One of the greats of the game retires and a few keyboard hero's think its time to chuck their two cents in. Like him or not, the bloke has made a magnificent contribution to our game.

I'm not a newcastle fan, but I am quite saddened that I will never be able to watch Joey play again. Also one of the few characters left in the game, where players throw out cliche after cliche.

Agreed. I had my problems with him...but fair dinkum, anyone that doesn't view this as a massive loss to the game is kidding themselves. Pathetic from a few of you on here.

salivor

First Grade
How about we save the Johns vs Lewis/Lockyer sh*t for another day. I think you'll find Darren Lockyer himself will probably admit that Johns was the greatest he played with/against and Johns will return the thought.

Look above you, that's the point flying a thousand miles above your head.

RABK

Referee
salivor said:
Look above you, that's the point flying a thousand miles above your head.

I know a quoted you but it wasn't really directed at you, it was a general post to everyone. Sorry mate.

TheBourbonBeast said:
Lewis was twice the player of johns, and 10 the better man.

Rubbish , how many years did lewis test himself in the premier comp in the world ? and how many premierships in those years?

wally was a great player for QLD and Australia but he isnt close to johns as he has achieved at every level.

Johns might have a questionable character but dont let that get in the way of an objective assesment.

Brutus

Referee

Lockyer never played with or against the King though.

What about that try Wally scored against the Blues in the second origin of 89. Made Gary Jack look like Anthony Xureb.

Brutus

Referee
herbert henry1908 said:
Rubbish , how many years did lewis test himself in the premier comp in the world ? and how many premierships in those years?

wally was a great player for QLD and Australia but he isnt close to johns as he has achieved at every level.

Johns might have a questionable character but dont let that get in the way of an objective assesment.

Wally was a victim of the times. NO NATIONAL COMPETITION (brisbane team in nswrl comp) UNTIL HE WAS 29!!! Stayed in QLD because the QRL put together offers that rivaled what Sydney clubs were offering.

The King won more premierships than Joey did - even captain-coached one.

RABK

Referee
What about that career of Andrew Johns, made Wally seem like a distant memory. :p

Gene Krupa

Referee
Raider_69 said:
No.
Johns is a wanker, now a retired wanker

Kind Regards
Raider_69

Mate, you're just jealous that no Faiders players have been OR ever will be call the greatest player ever.

Melingara, superleague doofus. Weekly, biased joke commentator. Spewart, can't coach and always the second place to Alfie. All footnotes in league history with an asterix saying disloyal cap cheats.

Sucks to be you!

Smartman

Juniors
Well done Joey on a fine career, one of the best ever.

In the future he can tell his grand kids that he got whacked by SBW in his second last game of footy :cool:

Brutus

Referee
Damon Booby and Greg Woofgramm were great Raiders players.

Up there with Johns.

Well done to the Raiders for smashing the Knights in Joey's last game.:)