What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another low Act by Mr Gallen

Mr Saab

Referee
sharko said:
This is absurd, grade 2 charge for doing what happens in about every match.

Thats a lie. That does not happen every game...players palming others faces and using it as leverage to get up is common place, but not what Gallen did.
I hope he fights it and gets 4 weeks.
The guy is a grub in the extreme.

sharko said:
This is absurd, grade 2 charge for doing what happens in about every match.
I expect the Sharks to fight this vigorously.
All it does now is open the pandoras box of clubs reporting on players thru the media and those vegies on the match commitees swallow it whole.
Watch for about 4 players every week be ratted on thru trial by media.

it doesn't happen every game ... he rubbed his hands on his face then moved it up to his forehead and opened up a wound ... grub act by a merkin of a player

Cletus

First Grade
According to Fox Sports News he punched Laffranchi in the nuts as well:shock: .
And scratching at someones face like a cat isn't a normal facial.

t-ba

Post Whore
Hopefully he takes this on the chin and tightens his game up.

We don't need another good talent ruining his career through stupid grubby tactics.

Blaze

Juniors
lol at the "it happens every game" by the Sharks fans...

if you guys haven't realised, no neutrals are supporting Gallen. What he did was disgraceful. He deliberately opened up a wound on another players face.

I can't believe Sharks fans are actually defending this as "part of the game"

3 weeks is about right imo. Anything less and he would have got off lightly

gregstar

Referee
what's really frustrating about players like gallen - is that he is a top draw player.

he doesn't need any of this sh*t to make up for a lack of talent. he is a wonderful player who'd be welcome anywhere. why he does this is a mystery. & he's done it his entire career. f*cking moron.

greg bird seems to have removed this from his game & is eminently more likeable as a result.

he will cost the sharks money through suspensions. he will cost the sharks games through stupid, needless penalties. & he will cost the sharks important games because karma's a b*tch.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
what annoys he reckons he didnt do anything wrong, if mean fair enough if he cops it in the chin and admits it was out of hand, but if "happens in the game all the time" we'd be seeing a number of suspensions per week.

How is this bloke captain? I mean good player, but poor attitude.

squiddy

Juniors
Gallen is a tough player he doesnt need to do this sh*te I agree , but I really hope the NRL is consistent with this stuff this year and its not a trial by media , despite what some are saying here it does happen in every game ,if you say it doesnt your obviously not watching............

Billythekid

First Grade
squiddy said:
Gallen is a tough player he doesnt need to do this sh*te I agree , but I really hope the NRL is consistent with this stuff this year and its not a trial by media , despite what some are saying here it does happen in every game ,if you say it doesnt your obviously not watching............

Rubbing someones face does.... pulling someones stitches out doesn't. If he ends up getting off i don't really care, but after seeing that grubby act i've lost all respect for him.

Winston Smith

Juniors
What the NRL should do to stamp this crap out of the game is focus a camera 100% on Gallen during a game (or anyone else considered to engage in these sort of tactics) and have the video ref tip the referee as soon as he does some treading on hands, ball grabbing or anything, pull the play up and send him for contrary conduct. That'd eliminate this type of behaviour overnight.

These things may have been in the game a long time, but they aren't tough, they're just bullsh*t neanderthal garbage. Things like pushing down on a players head to lever yourself up, rubbing a forearm in his face, etc etc are just unecessary and are a bad look for the game. I think the answer is to make any non-incidental contact with the head a penalty - by that I mean any forceful or prolonged contact (so you don't get penalised if you brush against their head or grab it by accident, but if you touch the head with any force or keep it up its a penalty).

Then you have my pet hate which is try scorers getting mugged after touching down. More liberal use of the 8 point try would fix this.

_Johnsy

Referee
Nosir'rom Na'ed

If it looks like scum, smells like scum, plays like scum, then they will try to defend scum.

S.R.

Juniors
Winston Smith said:
What the NRL should do to stamp this crap out of the game is focus a camera 100% on Gallen during a game (or anyone else considered to engage in these sort of tactics) and have the video ref tip the referee as soon as he does some treading on hands, ball grabbing or anything, pull the play up and send him for contrary conduct. That'd eliminate this type of behaviour overnight.

You are kidding.
You'd have to get 26 cameras aimed at all 26 players, otherwise it's a totally unfair system.

Gallen isn't the only bloke who does stupid stuff on a footy field. And as yet, I'm yet to see him hurt someone as a result of any of his actions.

Focus on the idiots who consistently go high in tackles. The idiots who consistently lift in tackles. The idiots who twiat and pull on the head/neck area. And the most recent one, the idiots who grab an arm and try and twist it off in a tackle (ie, Melbourne's latest tactic).

Sure, some of the stuff Gallen does doesn't look great, but it's not really hurting anyone is it? Fine him if you must, but to me, on-field penalty sufficient.

The NRL need to introduce a fine system for lower end offences, similar to what the AFL do with "the melee" and "wrestling". If no-one is hurt by the actions, why suspend them?

Garts

Bench
Inferno said:
lol, clearly you didn't even see the incident. Gallen had the ball when the alledged "incident" took place. When's the last time you saw a runner giving a tackler a squirrel grab?

He was on his knees trying to to getup and push the tackler away from him, and accidently hit him with an open palm in the marble bag. He wasn't even looking at graham either.

Complete accident.

:lol: :lol: I saw this incident earlier, did not really look as if he was pushing him away to me. Looked very much on purpose!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
S.R. said:
Gallen isn't the only bloke who does stupid stuff on a footy field.
Not a great defence.
S.R. said:
And as yet, I'm yet to see him hurt someone as a result of any of his actions.
Gouging and scratching around the eyes doesn't hurt? That's news to me.

S.R. said:
Focus on the idiots who consistently go high in tackles.
The League MRC and referees already do this.
S.R. said:
The idiots who consistently lift in tackles.
Again, players are placed on report and frequently suspended for this.
S.R. said:
The idiots who twiat and pull on the head/neck area. And the most recent one, the idiots who grab an arm and try and twist it off in a tackle (ie, Melbourne's latest tactic).
Also outlawed. Can you see a pattern forming here?

S.R. said:
Sure, some of the stuff Gallen does doesn't look great, but it's not really hurting anyone is it? Fine him if you must, but to me, on-field penalty sufficient.

The NRL need to introduce a fine system for lower end offences, similar to what the AFL do with "the melee" and "wrestling". If no-one is hurt by the actions, why suspend them?
How would you feel if someone gouged Gallen?