What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Look morons, there are all sorts of reasons why someone wouldn't challenge a matter in court.

Maybe he doesn't want to risk losing? Maybe he cant be effed? Maybe he hasn't made his mind up yet?

Until it is tested in court, you dumb f**ks don't know anything. Situation normal for most of you.

Or more accurately it's not in his favour. It's always best to go the paths with the least assumptions. What we can say for sure is the clause has not been activated and Stuart's was. Case closed bro.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Or more accurately it's not in his favour. It's always best to go the paths with the least assumptions. What we can say for sure is the clause has not been activated and Stuart's was. Case closed bro.

The case with the least assumptions is not to make any.

Give it a try 'Bro'

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There are no assumptions bro. The facts are Stuart activated a clause and Milford hasn't. These are the facts.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Some Broncos fans are really struggling to process this....

Ricky Stuart was entitled to activate his clause, Milford was not.

If you've paid attention you'll notice his manager stopped banging on about the clause about 2 months ago. Before that, it was every second word out of his mouth.

If Milford's manager can grasp this then maybe Brisbane supporters should work on it.

I actually agree.

I think the hypocrisy lies more in the fact that most Raiders fans (and other blow-in trolls) were outraged at the thought that Brisbane would attempt to entice a contracted player to activate a get out clause (whether or not that clause is valid is irrelevant to the argument) while praising their own club for enticing a contracted coach to activate a get out clause. We've been over it again and again, but the only response seems to be that the "sanctity of a contract" only extends to your favourite players.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
But the facts are bro his clause has not been activated and Stuarts was. Are these not the facts bro ?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
The problem is we don't want Hoffman.

c'mon...he can play fullback (like milford), he was 5/8 at junior level (i think) like milford, it can be your way of getting soemthing out of this mess. plus we'll give you copely and maranta

If he's acting like Dugan, we don't want him.

well he hasnt quite sunk to dugans level yet. shame as he's one of my favourite players. i always thought he should have been fullback ahead of norman who's always been lazy. but he doesnt seem to want to be at brisbane anymore. i think it'd be hypocritical playing him in the qld cup for a year and helps no one.

I'd propose the swap cos then both clubs may actually get players who want to be there. Sure i'd love to see milford at brisbane next year, but i'd also wnat him to perform wherever he is. it doesnt help anyone if he and hoffman spent next year running around in reserves

I just hope for Queensland sake that Broncos fans are either unusually dumb by Queensland standards or are just feigning dumbness in this thread.

it's the internet - everyones IQ gets lowered 90 points on internet forums. unfortunately some people werent too bright in the first place and get lowered to minus points

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In fairness I'm pretty sure most of them are just pretending to not get the difference. I think the real weird thing is parra included a leave whenever you feel like it clause in his contract

Walt Flanigan

Referee
c'mon...he can play fullback (like milford), he was 5/8 at junior level (i think) like milford, it can be your way of getting soemthing out of this mess. plus we'll give you copely and maranta

I don't rate him any better than Reece Robinson at fullback, who we already have. Plus young Ahearn looks like a more promising long term fullback option.

The thing is I (and I think most Raiders supporters) saw Milford's long-term potential in the halves. So another outside back isn't what he need.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'd propose the swap cos then both clubs may actually get players who want to be there. Sure i'd love to see milford at brisbane next year, but i'd also wnat him to perform wherever he is. it doesnt help anyone if he and hoffman spent next year running around in reserves

What makes you think Hoffman would want to go to Canberra? Who the f**k would?

blaza88z

Coach
157 pages of double standards, simple as that

He doesn't want to be there so he's going to find a way to get out, you'd do the same if you were a 19 year old kid. The funniest part in all of this is that Canberra aren't willing to release him even though he doesn't want to be there, all the professional clubs I know of go by the stance "if he doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here", I don't think it's a coincidence so many of Canberra's better players end up doing ridiculously stupid shit in public to break a contract and inevitably lose their position in the team (which is what I am suggesting they wanted to happen)

Also, Canberra fans saying "we won't release him until we get compensation", compensation for what? a rookie who played half a year in first grade? or compensation for what you fear you're going to be missing out on in the long term

Let's face the facts, he was used as an impact player off the bench, in that context.. he's easily replaceable

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The funniest part in all of this is that Canberra aren't willing to release him even though he doesn't want to be there, all the professional clubs I know of go by the stance "if he doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here"

Like the Broncos with Hoffman?

Also, Canberra fans saying "we won't release him until we get compensation", compensation for what? a rookie who played half a year in first grade? or compensation for what you fear you're going to be missing out on in the long term

I haven't seen many Canberra fans at all requesting compensation. Most of us rather he honoured his contract or sit the year out.

Plus he's not just a rookie who played half a year of first grade. We've been pumping time and money into his development since he was 13 after being overlooked by the Broncos. Only for him to walk out after half a season of first grade.

blaza88z

Coach
Like the Broncos with Hoffman?

I haven't seen many Canberra fans at all requesting compensation. Most of us rather he honoured his contract or sit the year out.

Plus he's not just a rookie who played half a year of first grade. We've been pumping time and money into his development since he was 13 after being overlooked by the Broncos. Only for him to walk out after half a season of first grade.

Like the Broncos with Dane Gagai for example

Hoffman hasn't asked for a release as far as I know, he's in the same boat as Gerard Beale, wants to play fullback and doesn't care who he plays for as long as he can play fullback

Raider_69

Post Whore
157 pages of double standards, simple as that

No doubt. My issue has and always will be the manner in which the Broncos have gone about this. You broncos fans can stand with hands on hearts saying "ohh that's bullshit, you got no proof" and all that and bag of chips

but anyone who has followed this kids career and these events know the way they have gone about it has been pretty classless. And there is little if any doubt in my mind that Brisbane have done things that are against the NRL's salary cap laws.

I honestly wonder what might come of this if the NRL had the friggin balls to look into this entire ordeal.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
For the unusually dumb amongst us, that is an assumption.

Brosef I never said we can't make assumptions I said the path with the least assumptions is the most likely "truth".

You are making assumptions based on motivations. The facts are that Milford wants to be in Brisbane and hasn't activated his contract clause. 1 assumption is that he is unable to, your assumptions call in mind his mental state or opinions another assumption on top of that. Do you not get the difference bro.

But if we remove the assumptions altogether and just look at the literal truth we have the following proposition. Stuart activated a clause and Milford hasn't. This is the very simple truth of it.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
No doubt. My issue has and always will be the manner in which the Broncos have gone about this. You broncos fans can stand with hands on hearts saying "ohh that's bullshit, you got no proof" and all that and bag of chips

but anyone who has followed this kids career and these events know the way they have gone about it has been pretty classless.

I honestly wonder what might come of this if the NRL had the friggin balls to look into this entire ordeal.

I agree - It is absolutely outrageous for a club to entice someone currently under contract to seek a release from their current club. The Raiders would never do that would they?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Tapping up players should be met with heavy fines but again the nrl has no balls and is apparently fine with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts