What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AILD

Bench
i reckon bj will win today.....will be an awesome fight! machida to beat silva aswell.

Martli

Coach
Amazing performance by GSP. This guy's been my favourite ever since I started watching UFC in early 2006, glad to see him doing so well now.

wow, so much for gsp being a quitter huh bj.

i really enjoyed the clay guida fight, as always. he rules. cant believe there were no knockouts besides machidas fight (how ironic), and then we couldnt see fitch/gono.

A bit of controversey coming out of the GSP V BJ fight. GSP had vaseline on his body and BJ's challenged him to a re-match. Hopefully the UFC don't go for it as we need to see the champs defending their belts against worthy challengers like Florian & Alves.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
BJ Penn is now 1-3 at Welterweight, if he really wants to fight GSP again he should have to actually win some fights and earn it. Go beat Fitch & Koscheck or something, then he can get another shot.

He should just worry about his LW belt anyway, he has a big fight vs Florian and another likely challenger in Diego Sanchez after that. Try cleaning out the division for real, not just beating a washed up featherweight, a decent at best gatekeeper and Sean Sherk and claiming you've cleaned it out.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Just watched UFC 94. BJ is just too small to beat GSP. Good on him for trying to fight in other divisions considering he owns the lightweight from what I've read and seen.

fourplay

Juniors
Just watched UFC 94. BJ is just too small to beat GSP. Good on him for trying to fight in other divisions considering he owns the lightweight from what I've read and seen.

yep

and if GSP's 10kg+ size difference wasn't enough.. the vasoline was just the icing on the cake.

mozza91

Coach
Was reading the pro's pick on sherdog for Page/Jardine earlier Nick Thompson predicted Rampage via hit and run I lol'd

Stonecutter

First Grade
I watched Countdown a couple of days ago. Rampage looks very strong!

Also the massive guys called Carvin. I would love to see him go up against Lesnar! 2 genetic freaks.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
After knocking out Gonzaga a Lesnar/Carwin fight probably isn't far off. One more win for Carwin (Dos Santos maybe?) and he'll probably be next in line for the winner of Mir/Lesnar (which has been moved back to UFC 100).

AILD

Bench
didnt see the last event...how did rampage look?

and carwin v lesnar would be pretty good. They both love to throw em...and both hit really hard.

my 2 boys won!!!! rampage and carwin. ive been on the carwin badwagon for a while now, ever since rogan once mentioned his glove size. all it takes is one punch for carwin and you are on the ground!!! gonzaga would have knocked any normal person out in that first few mins, he connected so well so often, but carwins chin is like cabbages!

how crazy was the sell/brown fight. wtf was with lavigne stopping it and then saying he didnt lol, only to see pete sell get even more f**ked up.

speaking of serra-longo fighters, what happened to george sotiropoulos, is he still with the ufc?

Selachimorpha

Juniors
George is still with the UFC, he was supposed to fight Matt Grice on the last Fight Night show but pulled out with an injury.

thanks for that mate, good to hear.

i just watched ufc 96 again. and i gotta say i enjoyed it so much even the 2nd time. event of the year for mine. none of the matches were boring.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
He hasn't fought since 2007, considering he's always either fighting or in prison i assume he's busy with the latter.

machida marks will be stoked that rampage has pulled out and so at UFC 98, Rashad Evans will defend against Lyoto Machida. Im a Rashad fan so ill be cheering on Rashad. but Lyoto will probs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.