What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonecutter

First Grade
semis:

Amir Sadollah d CB Dollaway by submission rnd 3
Jesse Taylor d Tim Credeur by unanimous decision

after the show, jesse went on a vegas rampage and dana kicked him off the show, so cb and tim fought for the other final spot:

CB Dollaway d Tim Credeur by Unanimous Decision

FINAL:

Amir Sadollah d CB Dollaway by Submission, 1st round.

my 2nd fave ultimate fighter series ever behind season 1.

Not suprised about Jesse. He acted like a dickhead on the show, but then again alot of them do.

Was hopeing CB would win.

LOL at Rogan talking up Kongo's chance of a title shot, Kongo would probably win with his dirty cheating tactics

LOL i remember at kongos last fight when he won on the non televised part of the event and was demanding a title shot lol. i remember his sh*t performance against herring not that long ago. im hoping the next shot after mir will be the winner of the rumoured Carwin/Gonzaga fight.

as for UFC 93, im mad pumped for it. cant wait for shogun/coleman II even if shogun will kill him

Omegamanson

Juniors
MASSIVE Mixed Martial Arts fan here, even more so then Rugby League! Been following the sport for years! Primarily as a Pride fan & now, due to it's demise, a big UFC fan. Favorite fighters are:

Lightweight - BJ Penn, Joachim Hansen, Takanori Gomi & Hayato Sakurai (Machs better weight division IMO)
Welterweight - Thiago Alves & Karo Parisyan
Middleweight - Paulo Filho (before he became a drug addict) & Gegard Mousasi
Light Heavyweight - Quinton Jackson & Lyoto Machida
Heavyweight - Fedor Emelienenko & Mark Hunt

MASSIVE win for my man Rampage last night which should shut up all the haters out there. And from what I've read there was sh*tloads of them! I think Page should rematch Forrest next before getting his title shot. Not that I think he doesn't deserve one now, it's just I'd rather see him knock Griffins overrated ass out!

Omegamanson

Juniors
Have you seen the shogun fight he's hardly overated he also beat your man Rampage

Shogun underestimated Forrest & took him lightly. If they fought again I think the outcome would be different. As for Rampage, in my opinion, he was robbed in that fight. I had him winning 3 rounds to Forrests 2. Either way it doesn't really matter, Forrest will suffer the same fate Wanderlei did last night when they have there rematch.. ;-)

mozza91

Coach
Shogun underestimated Forrest & took him lightly. If they fought again I think the outcome would be different. As for Rampage, in my opinion, he was robbed in that fight. I had him winning 3 rounds to Forrests 2. Either way it doesn't really matter, Forrest will suffer the same fate Wanderlei did last night when they have there rematch.. ;-)
That was a killer knockout but I can't see it happening to Forrest

go rampage! but if page is to fight someone else before getting a title shot, then itd be cool if its lyoto machida, thatd be a pretty good much and would definetly decide who the number 1 contender is.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Not a good night for Hunt, knocked out in 18 seconds by a middleweight (albeit a middleweight with the power of a thousand suns in his hands).

Omegamanson

Juniors
Not a good night for Hunt, knocked out in 18 seconds by a middleweight (albeit a middleweight with the power of a thousand suns in his hands).

Yeah.. That made me sick to my stomach seeying the most over hyped little midget in the world knock out one of my favorite fighters.. :cry: Everybody gets knocked out eventually.. I used to think that didn't apply to Mark Hunt but Manhoef proved me wrong. Mark will be back, hopefully now he'll start taking his training & diet a little more serious. He's lost like 5 in a row now!

Selachimorpha

Juniors
It's been a bad year for alot of the old iron chins of MMA. Hunt knocked cold by Manhoef, Fujita KO'd with a jab, Nogueira stopped by Frank goddamn Mir (and Herring, if Heath wasn't a genius), Dan Henderson better watch out against Franklin as he's pretty much the last 'impossible to KO' guy left.

mozza91

Coach
Can't wait for Day of Reckoning Fedor to beat another former UFC fighter and stick it up Dana for what he has said about him

Omegamanson

Juniors
Man I hope he does.. With both Mark Hunt & Big Nog getting knocked out for the first time ever.. And Overeem wiping the floor with Badr Hari, I wouldn't be suprised if Arlovski knocked Fedor out!!

mozza91

Coach
All those guys are good but Fedor is in another league I can't see Arlovski beating him or even coming close but will put up a better fight then Sylvia(not that it would be hard)

Snoochies

First Grade
I think it's great seeing how adapted fighters are becoming. It's not the old school brawl anymore, there are real game plans being put into place and with many fighters appearing regularly now, you can see their game plan (eg. Chuck Liddell).

Someone will work Fedor out one day and tip your hat to the man that does it, but I really like Fedor, great man for the sport and a true champion that shows class, just really wish he's jump into the octagon though.

mozza91

Coach
Someone will work Fedor out one day and tip your hat to the man that does it, but I really like Fedor, great man for the sport and a true champion that shows class, just really wish he's jump into the octagon though.
Unlikely though with the disrespect Dana has shown to him

Snoochies

First Grade
I like Dana and have to credit him for what he and the Lorrenzo brothers have done to the sport, but yeah, he does show disrespect to other organisations and fighters outside the UFC.
I think should Fedor beat Arlovski, he will be eating his words. Fedor would have just beaten the UFC's top Heavyweights and Dana knows Randy has no chance, and Mir and Brock wouldn't do much better and Fedor has already beaten Nog. In saying that, see how Brock goes after a year or 2, he has huge potential I reckon.

But yeah, should Fedor win, Dana should suck up his pride, admit Fedor is the best and work his arse off to sign him to the UFC.

mozza91

Coach
I also like Dana he's a straight shooter and has a good relationship with most of his fighters(at least it appears this way on his video blogs) he knows the business and what it takes to succeed but he is obviously wrong about Fedor

mozza91

Coach
Henderson wins by split decision seems like it was a good fight
Shogun wins by TKO punches near the end but he would havewon by Unanimous decision anyways
Palhares beat Horn easy
Davis beats Lytle by split decision
Belcher wins by submission (Guilotine)

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Shogun looked awful. Coleman was DEAD after two minutes, couldn't keep his hands up at all and moved like his feet were stuck in cement, but Rua could barely do anything. He was completely gassed as well and couldn't stop any of Coleman's super slow motion takedowns, if he wanted to show he was back as a top fighter he failed miserably.

His injuries and over a year of ring rust will buy him some leeway, but unless his next performance is a million times better he'll probably be looking for a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.