What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozza91

Coach
BUMP
Shogun with uncork an ass kicking of monumental proportions 1st Round KO and Leites will push Anderson but will get beaten TKO 3rd round and even though Kongo will win hoping Hardonk can beat him

AILD

Bench
well liddell lost. i didnt see the fight but watching the post match conference and dressing room footage he didnt look happy...was real dejected, looks like thats it for chuck.

LOL @ Thales Leites diving on the ground the whole 3rd round.

Did it seem to you that Anderson was pissed at the crowd? id like to get an actual translation of what he said, not a possibly modified one from the translator hehe.

Stonecutter

First Grade
That fight was piss boring.

But it is a sport and the aim is for the fighter to win not entertain so you have to expect it sometimes. The crowd did have every right to boo though.

fat_mike

Juniors
how sweet are some of the upcoming cards looking.

firstly we've got Evans Vs Machida @ 98. both undefeated and elusive as sh*t. definitly ridding machida on this one. evans wont get near him. also got Hughes Vs Serra grudge match. both are probably past it, specially hughes, but the general hate and dislike for one another makes it so freaking interesting. hopefully the loudmouth new yorker will tap the red neck.

The we've got Rich Franklin Vs Wanderlei Silva @ 99. 2 dudes who will just stand and smash each other. Love watching Wandy, so so aggressive and coming off a loss he'll be ready to kill rich. also hear wandy is looking to drop to 185 so possibly could be his last fight at 205.

UFC 100 will be freaking amazing. 2 title matches. First its GSP Vs Thiago Alves. I like GSP but i'm diggin the pit bull big time. i think he's a freakign serious contender for the GSP's belt. vicious vicous leg kicks and knees. GSP's amazing but i'm hoping for a Pit bull win.

Then MIR Vs Lesnar 2. Mir is cocky OB so i hope brock destroys him. he wont be as stupid this time and wont be caught with a submission. hoping brock kills Mir. Listening to Mir during TUF8 and leading up to his fight with NOG irritated the sh*t outta me. Be sweet to see Jon fitch fighting again. dude's a stud.

UFC 101 should be freakign sweet for one reason nd one reason only. The spider is taking on Griffin at 205. No one legitimately up to challenging him at 185 just yet so he steps up and who throws his hand up tot ake him on, forrest. dudes all heart. i'm hoping the spider put on a striking clinic like he did against Leben on his UFC debut. Forrest will keep coming but i'm expecting Anderson to get back to his devastating best. So so freakign excited bout this fight. Seems dana is all set on making sure Anderson's final 4 fights in the UFC are at 205 and against the big names in the already stacked division.

also got BJ Penn Vs Kenny florian for the belt @ 101. hoping kenny whips the loud mouth BJ. Both phenomenal on the ground and very dangerous on their feet. BJ will probably win but i hope kenny smacks his ass.

Also some rumours circulatng that Dana is set to announce a new 185er thats going to blow everyones mind. I'm expecting it to be Cung Le once he finishes with his little go at a movie career. possibility it could be a rejuvinated and more dangerous looking vitor belfort aswell.

Good times ahead

woooooah awesome!!! anderson vs forrest, f**k yeah!!!!!! go anderson!!!!

Mir vs Lesnar...i dont know how all that ego will fit into one octagon...

Wanderlei will murder rich

florian/penn will be awesome

fat_mike

Juniors
hell yeah, i'm hoping the axe murderer destroys rich quicker than when he put away jardine. might possibly lead to a match up between the 2 silva's, anderson and wanderlei at 185 with all the talk about wanderlei going down a division. plus theres been a slittle bit of heat between the 2 lately.

Mir's ego easily outweighs lesnar's. Mir just reminds me of a jock tough guy. always shooting his mouth off. I dont really like lesnar either but i'm hoping he hammerfists mir face completely off.

Oh yeah, theres also talk of Anderson Silva wanting to go after P4P best in the world Fedor Emelianenko. He's be too big and aggressive for anderson. Fedor's been the best P4P fighter for close to 6 years now, spider would be biting off just a little to much me thinks. The weight difference would be to much for him to overcome. Fedor fights at 230 easily while spider walks around normally at about 215-220 and cuts weights to make 185. he'd be dominated. Still be great to see the 2 bets in the world go for it. Maybe after spiders UFC contract runs out and before he retires whih is gonna be happening around mid 2010

Last edited:

fat_mike

Juniors
yeah, have some corta catch weight. doubt that it'll happen. Fedor wont come to the UFC and i doubt Anderson will fight beyond his UFC contract which expires in 4 fights. Still be an amazing fight.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
For those interested in George Sotiropoulos he'll be fighting again at UFC 101 vs Rob Emerson. On the undercard, but George should really be able to beat him without much trouble so there's a decent chance we might see it.

fat_mike

Juniors
Don't really rate sotiropolous. Decent ground game and ok on his feet but he's just not a fighter that excites me. Emerson is ok aswell. Should be an ok fight, i think rob will have the advantage on his feet. Here's hoping the aussie gets up but.

fat_mike

Juniors
yeah i'll back him juts cos he's an aussie but his style is nothing special to me. Good jitz but not anywhere the top guys in the organisation.

Just on serra and BJJ, does it suprise anyone that serra doesnt finish many opponents with his BJJ. the guys fantastic but never seems to work it to much.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Cage Fighting Championship #8

20/04/2009

Cage Fighting Championship is proud to announce C.F.C 8, the first 8 man Grand Prix tournament at the Big Top, this event will take place May 22nd at the Big Top Stadium Luna Park. Once again Sydney comes alive with the best MMA fighting action with an 8 man main event featuring the best Australian and international light heavy weights as they fight their way toward the final in August for the Light Heavyweight Title.

The 8 man Grand Prix is the toughest challenge that CFC has presented to its Light Heavyweight contenders. Top Australian and New Zealand fighters Anthony Perosh, Jamie TeHuna, Priscus ‘Tassie Devil’ Fogagnolo, Matthew Dwight, Dave Frendin and internationals France’s Antony Rea, Brazil’s Antonio ‘Samuray’ Mendes and American Nate Carey will face off against one another in an elimination style tournament over 3 events with the final to take place in the Big Top at Sydney’s Luna Park, August 21.

Undercard lineup includes: Matt Cain v Luke Picklum, Jon Leven v “The Bull”, Lucas Browne, Ian Bone and more, CFC is Australia’s Number 1 MMA Event. This event is proudly sponsored by MMA Factory www.mmafactory.com.au and WSII International www.wsii.com.au and Lion’s Den Academy www.lionsdenacademy.com.au .

I'm heading up to watch this. I don't know anything about the fighters....but it should be entertaining anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.