What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AILD

Bench
coleman looked really tired at the weigh-in aswell...

apprently its liddell and shogun next?

Omegamanson

Juniors
Man Shogun looked crap! His conditioning SUCKS!! What happened to the guy who had endless cardio & ran over everyone at Pride?!? I think he needs to hook back up with Wanderlei in Vegas & start doing some of that crazy snorkel training if he hopes to make it out of the fight with Liddell alive.. The Coleman fight was a perfect opportunity to showcase himself & he failed miserably.. There was a point there in the last round where I thought Coleman might actually win?!? Shocking!

mozza91

Coach
Man Shogun looked crap! His conditioning SUCKS!! What happened to the guy who had endless cardio & ran over everyone at Pride?!? I think he needs to hook back up with Wanderlei in Vegas & start doing some of that crazy snorkel training if he hopes to make it out of the fight with Liddell alive.. The Coleman fight was a perfect opportunity to showcase himself & he failed miserably.. There was a point there in the last round where I thought Coleman might actually win?!? Shocking!
It was that bad f**k I was on sherdog the play by play thing and it sounded like Shogun was in control for all the fight and Coleman was the one who was buggered.
He'll be back it's been a year after all

Snoochies

First Grade
I missed the fights this weekend but by most reports I didn't miss too much. The Franklin/Hendo fight seemed to play out as most had predicted but I'm definately surprised by the Shogun/Coleman fight. I would have expected Coleman to gas early but not Shogun, I thought he would have come out with a massive point to prove.

A Shogun/Liddell fight will be very interesting as the loser may very well be on the way out the door.

pretty sh*t event imo. i thought it was gonna be awesome. i had high expectations for kang and shogun to kill their opponents but both looked like sh*t. the whole coleman/shogun match sucked. i didnt even really get into the franklin/henderson fight. the only great match was lytle/davis. oh well ufc 94 coming up gsp/penn and tiago silva/machida plus a million other potentially awesome fights. gonna be good.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Thiago Tavares vs Manny Gamburyan is my pick to steal the show, most Tavares fights end up being fight of the night (vs Griffin, Wiman, Pellegrino, possibly vs Black as well, i can't remember), and this one has potential to be fireworks as well.

Between Tavares/Manny, Diaz/Guida, Fitch/Gono, Karo/Stun Gun, Machida/Silva and of course Penn vs St. Pierre this will probably be the most hotly contested fight of the night award ever.

Snoochies

First Grade
Just read that Penn walked out of a taping session for UFC Primetime. Apparently he wasn't happy with the way the UFC portrayed him on the show. Has anyone seen this show yet, apparently it's quality stuff.

The last thing the UFC needs is to piss off one of its main draw cards again.

mozza91

Coach
Just read that Penn walked out of a taping session for UFC Primetime. Apparently he wasn't happy with the way the UFC portrayed him on the show. Has anyone seen this show yet, apparently it's quality stuff.

The last thing the UFC needs is to piss off one of its main draw cards again.
I heard he completly ignored Dana and said he's taking time off training before the fight as if he's not taking it serious(which imo is total bs BJ is just playing mind games)
Either way GSP FTW

Snoochies

First Grade
If Fedor loses, so does Affliction. I think they are hoping and praying he wins this weekend or its lights out Affliction. I think this fight will be an awesome fight, Arlovski will be quite a challenge, I think he's getting better and smarter. If Arlovski connects though, Fedor maybe in trouble but I'm betting on Fedor for this one.

mozza91

Coach
If Fedor loses, so does Affliction. I think they are hoping and praying he wins this weekend or its lights out Affliction. I think this fight will be an awesome fight, Arlovski will be quite a challenge, I think he's getting better and smarter. If Arlovski connects though, Fedor maybe in trouble but I'm betting on Fedor for this one.
I don't thing it will be a great Fight I can't see Arlovski lasting much longer then Sylvia did Fedor by Submission(armbar) 1st Round

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Fedor is still the best heavyweight in the world. Arlovski was probably winning the first round, at least until he stupidly tried a flying knee and got knocked out in mid air.

Martli

Coach
The knock out came from nowhere. Arlovski may have been winning the round on points, but it's entirely possible that Fedor was just scoping him out. Regardless, a pretty brutal victory. Vitor Belfort's knockout was pretty intense as well. Linland was knocked absolutely senseless.

To the death Georges!!!...I am going to try to kill you....and i'm serious about this....Don't piss me off Georges!!

Snoochies

First Grade
I had to wait until this morning (Tuesday) to find out the results, no internet the entire weekend and I couldn't see it advertised on PPV either.

Hands down, Fedor is the undisputed P4P best fighter in the world, not even Dana could dipute that even though I'm sure he'll try. So happy for Vitor, he's probably still my favourite fighter and I think we'll see Dana looking to sign him up soon. I think Vitor expressed his desire to fight in the UFC again and I can see so many good match ups if he continues to fight at middleweight:)

Now the question remains, whats next for Fedor. I'm sure a Fedor vs Barnett fight will have to be the next fight but after that, who's left?? Somehow, we need to see him in the octagon as there will be a couple more challenges for him, although I would say Fedor would be the clear favourite against any heavy weight at the moment, the excitement of seeing him take on Lesnar, Mir or Randy would definatley make me pay the PPV dollars.

I still subscribe to anderson silva being the worlds best P4P. But damn Fedor is good. I still watch his fight with Randleman once a week, it amazes me how he takes the landing on his head, and is raising his arm in victory within a minute.

Omegamanson

Juniors
I honestly don't understand all this Anderson Silva P4P hype.. Sure he's a great fighter but IMO he ain't even top 3! Other then Hendo & the rest of these overrated UFC bums he's despatched whose he really beat to lay claim to the title of worlds best? Fedors pretty much cleaned out his entire division & is STILL undefeated yet he's behind this Anderson guy? I think not.. The greatest threats to Andersons middleweight reign don't even fight in the UFC!! In my opinion it's

1. Fedor
2. BJ Penn / GSP or whoever wins there fight THEN -
3. Anderson Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.