What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSP / Silva would be cool id suspect that GSP would get his ass handed to him.

Apparently Torres got killed today at WEC, bit shocked hey.

Think Sanchez could trouble BJ more so then Kenny, id love to see BJ go against Clay Guida just for pure entertainment value.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I honestly don't think anyone in the UFC can trouble BJ Penn at 155. Sanchez isn't even in the top 10 in the world.

I would love to see Machida vs Silva. But also considering Rashad is still small even for a Light-heavyweight, I would like to see him drop down to 185 and take on Silva.

dragonfire

Bench
I honestly don't think anyone in the UFC can trouble BJ Penn at 155. Sanchez isn't even in the top 10 in the world.

I would love to see Machida vs Silva. But also considering Rashad is still small even for a Light-heavyweight, I would like to see him drop down to 185 and take on Silva.

why bother dropping when he can fight him at 205? Evans-Jackson is a fight i am looking forward to, as well as their interactions on TUF 10. Apparently Silva and Machida are very good friends and pretty much have said they wont fight each other. Crocop should cut to 205 and give Silva a go. GSP would have trouble against Silva, too much of a weight disparity.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Just on Dan Mirgliotta again. I'm 90% certain he was the ref in the Torres vs Bowles match. Torres is out cold, and he is so slow that Bowles is able to get 5-6 shots in before Dan pulled him off. f**k me he is sh*t.

fat_mike

Juniors
overall how decent a card was 101,

2 brilliant performances from weapons in penn and silva, godd quality ground games with sotiropoulous and pellegrino. wasnt really many borefest.

Silva was just stunning and you could literally see te exact moment when he broke forrest. just after the first knock down when silva started dropping his hands to evade forrest punches, forrest face had it written all over him that he knew he was in over his head.

Penn was great, negated the clinch work on the fence for 3 rounds, took it to the ground and jiu jitzed ken flo ass into submission. so good to see top quality game plan/ability come together.

Bring on 102 Maia vs Marquardt is gonna be sick

fat_mike

Juniors
No doubt that will be sick! Not big names but they sure will be soon enough.

definitly, maia and marquardt arent big names but are definitly well respected. Maia is a freaking animal on the ground. 5 UFC fights for 4 submissions of the night.

Fast, powerful and clinical jiujitsu. nate's no slouch either.
here's hoping the winner gets a crack at a title.

Maia FTW

Just on forrest, dude might be a character and a nice guy but he's a porr loser, look at the jardine fight and now this with anderson. Chuck stayed in the ring when rashad nearly decapitated him. Bit more class was definitly needed.

Looks like we may have a UFC card in our country soon.

Meltzer said Feb 21 in Sydney has been 'tentatively' scheduled, could change though.

I really hope its true as that will be a hell of a weekend.

fat_mike

Juniors
sick, even getting a date sorta thrown in.

Can't wait for this, hopefully it'll be announced as definitly happening

Stonecutter

First Grade
Man tickets for that are going to be massive. $100 for CFC tickets and we were pretty far back. What ever the price, i'm going for sure.

Obviously Sotriopolous would be on the card, but i'd love to see most of the undercard fights between the very best australia has to offer. Who knows, we might see some more Aussies contracted to the UFC.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
The non-US shows are generally headlined by either a regional star or Rich Franklin, since we don't have anyone capable of main eventing a Fight Night let alone a PPV i'd guess they send Franklin. Franklin vs Elvis Sinosic? Wouldn't surprise me.

Carnifex

Juniors
Yeah dana white mentioned on the 'adam carolla podcast' just before ufc 100 that they would be coming to Australia. didnt mention any other details though.....ill be going no matter the cost.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Looks like Carwin vs Lesnar could be on for UFC 106

Verlasquez will most likely still fight at 104 vs Mir.

UFC set to sign Rogerio Noguera added more to the stacked 205 division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts