What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazikenblade

Juniors
I think if i remember well from my convo this morn that Sexyama was going to g against someone in Sydney sometime soon. I have to admit he's a good fighter.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Did anybody catch UFC 104 last night and agree Rua was robbed? Show me a single round Machina won, and I'll show you a judge protecting their feel good, Karate Kid champion.

Tom155

Coach
Did anybody catch UFC 104 last night and agree Rua was robbed? Show me a single round Machina won, and I'll show you a judge protecting their feel good, Karate Kid champion.
i watched it and thought the same even though i was going for lyoto he only won one maybe two rounds

Last edited:
i had the fight 49-46 Shogun. I had lyoto winning round 3 and round 2 going either way, however 1,4 & 5 were easily shoguns.

Machida even had the dear in headlights/rich franklin look on his face at times.

I like Lyoto, but this creates a problem for Joe Silva. Shogun could have defended against a number of challengers including a super fight with Anderson Silva. However with Lyoto, its hard to find another credible challenger for the title. Cant see Rashad getting another shot for a while after Lyoto destroyed him, same with Thiago Silva. Anderson & Lyoto refuse to fight each other, Rampage isnt fighting, Griffin sucked in his last fight & Jardine & Liddell are coming off double losses.

The only 2 fights that make any sense would be Lyoto defending against the winner of Vera/Couture or an instant rematch with Shogun.

andrew057

First Grade
I gave Machida R2 and thats it. Shogun was robbed. Probably ruins what wouldve been an awesome fight with Silva.

Carnifex

Juniors
both fighters have agreed to a rematch according to dana white's Twitter.

Shogun was robbed...i was cheering on Machida too but deadset he did not win that fight.

tokerShark

Juniors
i thought shogun was robbed, machida didnt seem to want to fight.
Cant wait for forest vs tito 2, carwin vs lesnar and penn vs sanchez all should be awesome fights, plus aussie george sotiropulous(ive probably spelt it wrong, sorry george) is fighting jason dent at ufc 106.

Also i finally got my hands on forest's book "GOT FIGHT", its pretty f#!ken funny stuff, i havent finished it yet but so far its been good, if your a fan of forest griffin i reccomend it.

Tom155

Coach
i thought shogun was robbed, machida didnt seem to want to fight.
Cant wait for forest vs tito 2, carwin vs lesnar and penn vs sanchez all should be awesome fights, plus aussie george sotiropulous(ive probably spelt it wrong, sorry george) is fighting jason dent at ufc 106.

Also i finally got my hands on forest's book "GOT FIGHT", its pretty f#!ken funny stuff, i havent finished it yet but so far its been good, if your a fan of forest griffin i reccomend it.
lesnar-carwin has been moved now so you will have to wait a little longer

Stonecutter

First Grade
Man Shogun is back baby. That 205 division is sick. I still reckon Evans was too cautious against Machida and payed for it. Given another shot he could take him out as well. Ortiz is back, UFC need to sign Mousasi. Imagine that division with him in there holy sh*t!

Selachimorpha

Juniors
The UFC's current run of fights getting postponed due to injury (Brock/Carwin, Shogun/Machida 2, Silva/Belfort, Alves/Fitch and more) might actually work out great for us for the Sydney show.

Brock/Carwin was moved to 108 but the rest all seem to be targeted for February/March 2010, GSP's next defence is supposedly in that timeframe as well, with more main events than shows they'll almost be forced to put one of those fights at UFC 110.

Jono078

Referee
Shogun was robbed 100%.

I was going into that fight just expecting an awesome contest.

It was that and much more, the mind games and tactics were brilliant to watch.

They said about Shogun to be the champion you have to beat the champion. Same should apply to Machida, if he wants to be the champ he better show he deserves it too.

I like both fighters, and I get the feeling something wasn't right with Machida in that one.

Can't wait for the rematch.

The UFC's current run of fights getting postponed due to injury (Brock/Carwin, Shogun/Machida 2, Silva/Belfort, Alves/Fitch and more) might actually work out great for us for the Sydney show.

Brock/Carwin was moved to 108 but the rest all seem to be targeted for February/March 2010, GSP's next defence is supposedly in that timeframe as well, with more main events than shows they'll almost be forced to put one of those fights at UFC 110.

if we get silva/belfort, i will lose my mind

mozza91

Coach
I like both fighters, and I get the feeling something wasn't right with Machida in that one.
Yeah it's called getting the sh*t kicked out of you by a better striker, I was so pissed off watching that fight I had Shogun winning 50-45 or 49-46 at best for Machida, it sucks now we might not see Shogun destroy Anderson Silva

I would go f**king mental if the silva/belfort fight was to be rescheduled for the sydney show...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...Eo14?slug=dm-mmappd103009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Injuries take toll on UFC schedule
Dave Meltzer

By Dave Meltzer, Yahoo! Sports Oct 30, 8:06 pm EDT

Buzz up! 41
Print

Several major UFC bouts that were scheduled or tentatively planned for the next few months have started to unravel the past two days because of injuries.

UFC officials have confirmed that Lyoto Machida will need surgery on one of his hands, thus delaying the planned middleweight championship rematch with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (18-4). Machida injured his hand during his controversial win over Rua during UFC 104 Saturday in Los Angeles.

Machida (16-0) retained his championship with a unanimous decision, but the vast majority of media and fans thought Rua had done enough to take the championship. UFC president Dana White was among those who thought the decision went the wrong way and wanted to set up a rematch as soon as possible.

White was hopeful to get the rematch in as soon as Jan. 2, when the company has one of its traditional major events of the year at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Rua had agreed to the date, but Machida’s surgery eliminates whatever slim possibility there was that he would be fully recovered and ready in time for that date. Right now, it is not known when the fight would be able to take place.
More From Dave Meltzer

* "Mayhem" goes mainstream with Strikeforce Nov 2, 2009
* Another call for changes in scoring system Oct 30, 2009

ADVERTISEMENT

In addition, with Anderson Silva (25-4) recovering from elbow surgery, the date for his match with Vitor Belfort (19-8) for the middleweight title once scheduled for the same show remains up in the air.

Brock Lesnar (4-1) defending the heavyweight title against Shane Carwin (11-0) looks to be the main event of that show. That match was moved from Nov. 21 because Lesnar was unable to get in a good training camp due to a bad strain of the flu.

Machida vs. Rua and Silva vs. Belfort will be rescheduled as soon as Machida and Belfort are healthy. The company has two major events scheduled for February, a Feb. 6 date in Las Vegas as part of their annual night before the Super Bowl show, and a Feb. 21 date in Sydney, Australia.

Georges St. Pierre, who has been out of action with a torn abductor muscle, was expected to defend his welterweight title on one of those two shows, but it is possible he won’t be available until March.

The scheduled Dec. 12 match for UFC 107 in Memphis that was just put together in the last week, matching Thiago Alves (16-6) and Jon Fitch (19-3, 1 no contest), also just fell apart.. Alves suffered a torn posterior cruciate injury and will be out three to four weeks, which would leave him with two weeks max of training time for the fight. The match between the highly ranked welterweights was scheduled as the No. 2 match on UFC 107, underneath the B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez championship match.

Alves’ camp asked for the fight to be moved to January, but because UFC just moved Fitch from Nov. 21 to Dec. 12, it didn’t want to move him again and is looking for a new opponent. Alves later agreed to do the fight with limited training, until his camp talked him out of it, noting that Fitch is the level of fighter you have to prepare for.

Finally, the Kurt Pellegrino (14-4) vs. Frank Edgar (10-1) lightweight fight on Dec. 5 in Las Vegas, on a live Spike TV special that would include the finals of the current season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” has been scrapped. Pellegrino dropped out due to a back injury. Edgar now is scheduled to face Matt Veach (11-0) in what easily will be the biggest test of Veach’s career.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Latest fight rumoured for the Australia show is Ben Rothwell vs Mirko Cro Cop. Would be nice to see Cro Cop fight live, even if he is pretty much shot as a fighter nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.