What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I thought Cro Cop has retired??? especially after the loss to Dosantos he has nothing these days and is too small and old for heavyweight.

mozza91

Coach
Fedor wins yet again, Rogers wasn't too bad though but no man on the planet can beat the Last Emperor

andrew057

First Grade
Rogers did well, very strong dude and is for real. Fedor beat him at his own game though....timber.

1257654738399.gif

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Nate Marquardt/Chael Sonnen @ UFC 110. If Marquardt/Henderson can't happen this is a decent enough substitute, whoever wins will clearly be next in line for a title shot after Silva/Belfort.

Snoochies

First Grade
Cain Vs Vealsquez may take place hear for the interim Heavyweight belt since Brock is out for quite awhile.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16934/sch...win-vs-cain-vealsquez-interim-title-fight.mma

Nate and Chael moved to 109 and not happening here.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16938/nat...leweight-bout-set-for-ufc-109-not-ufc-110.mma

Would be great if we could keep both fights, plus having Silva and Cro Cop on the same card, would be a great night. Even though Cro Cop isn't the same fighter, still a legend of the sport and he just may aanounce his comeback that night.:D

Selachimorpha

Juniors
I've heard rumours about a possible Rich Franklin/Keith Jardine fight happening on the show as well.

Pretty much officially announced fights:

Wanderlai Silva vs Yoshihiro Akiyama
Mirko Cro Cop vs Ben Rothwell
Krzysztof Soszynski vs Stephan Bonnar
Dong Hyun Kim vs Chris Lytle
James Te Huna vs Igor Pokrajac

Rumoured fights:

George Sotiropoulos vs TBA
Rich Franklin vs Keith Jardine
Cain Velasquez vs Shane Carwin
GSP vs Dan Hardy (though this one is probably wishful thinking & is more likely to happen in March/April)

Potentially a very good card shaping up, though with the constant shuffling of events the UFC has had to do we probably won't have anything resembling an official card for another month or two at best. Really hope either Cain/Carwin or GSP/Hardy happens here, though i suspect we'll probably miss out on any of the biggest rumoured fights.

omg f**k rich franklin. He is not a main event fighter in my eyes, yet ufc continue to put him in main events where he stinks it up. He was Middleweight champ for a while, but he did it by beating superstars like david loiseau and nate quarry. When a real challenge came along he got totally destroyed.

George with another win!!! will be interesting to see who they pit him against at 110.

Sadollah/Baroni was a great fight.

Koscheck no.1 contender? lol

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Chris Lytle set for UFC 110 in Australia

MMAjunkie.com Staff, MMAjunkie.com Nov 21, 5:03 pm EST

A welterweight clash with fireworks written all over it has been booked for UFC 110 in Australia.

Undefeated Korean slugger Dong Hyun Kim (12-0-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Chris Lytle (27-17-5 MMA, 6-9 UFC) have signed on to face each other at the as-yet-unannounced Feb. 21 event at Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia.

The bout was first reported by AOL FanHouse, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed the matchup with sources close to the event.

UFC 110 would represent the company's first trip to Australia, though the UFC's U.K. Division President, Marshall Zelaznik, recently told MMAjunkie.com the event was nearly a done deal.

"Even with Australia, we're still finalizing all the little pieces that come together," Zelaznik said. "You know us. The rumors are always out there way before we're official with anything. But obviously we're all talking about these events. We're talking about them with the anticipation that we'll be able to deliver them.

Kim seeks his fourth-straight UFC win, thought the road to his first three victories hasn't necessarily been a smooth one. "Stun Gun" narrowly edged Matt Brown in a September 2008 split decision, and Kim also had a loss to Karo Parisyan overturned to a no-contest when "The Heat" failed a post-fight drug screen.

Kim also holds UFC wins over T.J. Grant and Jason Tan. Six of Kim's 12 career victories have come by knockout or TKO.

Meanwhile, Lytle finds himself involved in another potential "Fight of the Night." Already a four-time winner of the award, Lytle's subpar career record in the UFC is offset by his scrappy style and willingness to stand and trade with any fighter in the UFC's welterweight division.

Lytle has won three-straight "Fight of the Night" awards with wins over Kevin Burns and Paul Taylor sandwiched around a split-decision loss to Marcus Davis.

For complete coverage of UFC 109, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

(Pictured: Chris Lytle)

Check out more UFC News at MMAjunkie.com. This story originally appeared on MMAjunkie.com and is syndicated on Yahoo! Sports as part of a content-partnership deal between the two sites.

Stonecutter

First Grade
George with another win!!! will be interesting to see who they pit him against at 110.

Sadollah/Baroni was a great fight.

Koscheck no.1 contender? lol

I think Koscheck deserves a title shot more then Hardy. And he did say let him and hardy duke it out for a shot at GSP. Man everyone has also completely forgot about Alves. Sure he got dominated at ufc 100, but he was deservedly ranked 2 in the world behind GSP for a reason. He is a beast. He also crushed Koscheck so I think he would need to go through Alves as well before getting a title shot.

How impressive was little nog. That is the first time I saw him fight, and all i've heard is that he is bordeline top 10, will never be a contender. But damn he looked good. Has better striking then big nog and his BJJ is first class.

And the next PPV looks great as well. Penn vs Sanchez, Florian, Mir vs Kongo.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
UFC 108 ended up being a great card, lot's of entertaining fights and new names thrown into the mix. Definitely some fighters to watch out for in the future. Silva blew it at the end, had Rashad rocked and didn't go in for the kill. He even admits himself he never quits, I saw someone quit bigtime today.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I didn't wnat to watch this one but then at 1pm I felt like ordering it to watch some fights. Glad I did because I enjoyed every match except for Evans vs Silva.

Couldn't believe Silva didn't finish Evans off, was totally stunned.

Snoochies

First Grade
Yeah maybe Dana really wanted a Rashad Vs Rampage fight and Silva was paid off. It definitely wasn't the same Silva that we have seen in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.