What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
f**king sick of guys not making weight then easily winning the fight and there reputation increases. pisses me off. happened with Thiago Alves & Anthony Johnson. now with Paul Daley. f**king gay.

Gidley Up

Juniors
www.cracked.com/blog/the-top-eight-oh-shit-moments-in-mma

Couldn't make it a hyperlink because sh*t kept becoming censored. Still, one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Last edited:

RL1908

Bench
Hi all - can anyone recall which "rugby" players/club (presumably NRL) that Randy Couture is referring to here...
thanks

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=308820

THE CANADIAN PRESS
2/3/2010 8:35:03
LAS VEGAS -- Randy (The Natural) Couture will be fighting for the Edmonton Rush on Saturday night when he steps into the cage against fellow UFC Hall of Famer Mark (The Hammer) Coleman in the main event of UFC 109.

The 46-year-old Couture will be wearing the Rush logo on his fight shorts as part of a sponsorship deal struck in December with the National Lacrosse League team.

Several Rush players came down to the Xtreme Couture gym in Las Vegas to train as a result of the agreement and Couture says he liked what he saw.

"The whole thing worked out great," Couture said Wednesday. "They were great guys, the athletes we worked with were phenomenal and it was cool."

Couture said the lacrosse players reminded him of rugby players he had met in Australia.

"They were similar. Very humble, earthy group of guys that just liked to work and loved their sport. I really, really respect that. So I found them fun to be around and fun to work with."

The logo will be on the left front thigh of Couture's red shorts.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Man the heavyweight division is awesome. No doubt Vera would've broken his cheek or eye socket after that shot. Chiek Kongo takeing people down and doing it well....who'd of thunked it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jon Jones looks like the real deal, he looks like such a natural athlete, and at 22 is headed for bigger and better things. That 84.5 inch reach will trouble many opponents

andrew057

First Grade
Also on the bones jones bandwagon. Kid is a stuff, really puts the hurt on every opponent. The card was pretty boring as a whole imo.

Im tipping Mir to beat Carwin this weekend.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Also on the bones jones bandwagon. Kid is a stuff, really puts the hurt on every opponent. The card was pretty boring as a whole imo.

Im tipping Mir to beat Carwin this weekend.

He didn't look to well in the BJJ game though. Leaving his arms on the chest of Vera could've easily led to an arm bar like Rogan was saying. vera kept trying to hold the arms down then switch his legs over but Jones was so active with his legs and hips he couldn't do it which really suprised me. I thought as soon as Jones had his elbows on veras chest he would crank an arm bar in 1 second.

andrew057

First Grade
He didn't look to well in the BJJ game though. Leaving his arms on the chest of Vera could've easily led to an arm bar like Rogan was saying. vera kept trying to hold the arms down then switch his legs over but Jones was so active with his legs and hips he couldn't do it which really suprised me. I thought as soon as Jones had his elbows on veras chest he would crank an arm bar in 1 second.

Yeah it was definitely VERY risky, but I think Jones is just such a superb athlete and unorthodox fighter he can afford to do things like this, similar to Anderson Silva.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Mir...I mean Carwin was getting f**ked up by Gonzago before 1 punch did it. Carwin is getting hyped for his physical size and possible ability to match Lesnar. He hasn't really done a whole lot.

thats why this fight is so impossible to call. I reckon Mir is the better fighter but Carwins got one hell of a punchers chance.

Jono078

Referee
Predictions for tomorrow guys?

St Pierre Vs Hardy - 2nd round SUB
Mir Vs Carwin - 1st round KO
Fitch Vs Saunders - 2nd round TKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts