What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was on UFC unleashed this week and Shogun got robbed. He belted him for 5 rounds. He got what he deserved in the rematch and won the belt.

Nobody belts the Dragon? NOBODY! :crazy:

Lalalalala I'm not listening! :crazy:

:sarcasm:

Nah, Shogun is a gun.

tokerShark

Juniors
wanderlei silva has had to pull out of his fight with yoshihiro akiyama due to injured ribs, chris leben takes silva's place, the fight is still co-main event with the lesnar vs carwin fight.

Jono078

Referee
Gutted about Fedor :(

Got lot of respect for the way Fabricio handled it post match though.

Fedor didn't look as focused or committed I guess, he really just wanted to go in for the kill without thinking about the consequences of his position.

Gutted. He's still the best P4P though IMO.

tiburon

Juniors
i'm glad that werdum beat fedor instead of overeem or lesnar, the man is class.

will be interesting to see a rematch and just how fedor will change much at all tactic -wise

mozza91

Coach
Couldn't believe it, biggest upset of all time. Werdum has sick jitz but didn't think he could touch Fedor FML

shiznit

Coach
LMFAO @ Fedor... what an amateur... a fricken white belt knows to stack when theve got a triangle that deep.

its good for Fedor to lose.... now if he ever wants to prove that hes the best in the sport he needs to get his fat arse into the UFC.

shiznit

Coach
that was probably pretty harsh... but i was a big Fedor fan... very pissed he hasnt made the move to the UFC.

now he really needs to if he wants to prove himself... as hes just got his arse handed to him by a guy who was cut by the UFC for getting TKO'd by JDS.

so does this mean that JDS is now the greatest of all time??

BDR

First Grade
Calling Fedor an amatuer is just silly - he is almost unanimously regarded as the greatest fighter in modern mma's history. If you watch closely he was actually defending the armbar but Werdum chained into a triangle immediately and Fedor had nowhere to go.

He should never have followed him to the ground, he had too much faith in his sambo.

mozza91

Coach
that was probably pretty harsh... but i was a big Fedor fan... very pissed he hasnt made the move to the UFC.

now he really needs to if he wants to prove himself... as hes just got his arse handed to him by a guy who was cut by the UFC for getting TKO'd by JDS.

so does this mean that JDS is now the greatest of all time??
He has already proven himself he's beaten alot of great fighters, don't let the Dana White brainwash you with this Fedor has never fought in the UFC so he's done nothing, it annoys he how people compare him to Floyd Mayweather Jr(different sport I know but couldn't resist having a go at him) who is afraid to fight the best at their best, Fedor fought in the greatest MMA organisation of all time and has beaten some true legends of the sport, he is easily the greatest fighter of all time and still is the best in the world

mozza91

Coach
whos Money ducked?.... pac man doesn't want to fight him cause of drug tests
Cotto, Mosely for years and Pac man at first.
He fights average fighters and won't fight fighters who could beat him(although props to him for eventually fighting Sugar Shane and now Pac Man maybe he's realised a record is for sh*t unless you fight the best fighters you can)

shiznit

Coach
He has already proven himself he's beaten alot of great fighters, don't let the Dana White brainwash you with this Fedor has never fought in the UFC so he's done nothing, it annoys he how people compare him to Floyd Mayweather Jr(different sport I know but couldn't resist having a go at him) who is afraid to fight the best at their best, Fedor fought in the greatest MMA organisation of all time and has beaten some true legends of the sport, he is easily the greatest fighter of all time and still is the best in the world
it has nothing to do with Dana White at all.... the main problem for Team Fedor is you cant claim to be the best when your fighting K1 circus acts and UFC rejects.

I respect his fight history completely... but as a Fedor fan from his pride days i find it pretty shameful that people actually talk about him being the best HW in the world today.

you dont need Dana White to tell you that the UFC has a much better stable of HW & LHW fighters.

but i also think he has valid reasons for not signing with UFC. M1 and his team have every right to get the best for there fighter as Dana White treats his fighters like slaves.

but dont come out and say your the best HW around... its like someone from the ESL claiming there the best RL player in the world... its rubbish.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Calling Fedor an amatuer is just silly - he is almost unanimously regarded as the greatest fighter in modern mma's history. If you watch closely he was actually defending the armbar but Werdum chained into a triangle immediately and Fedor had nowhere to go.

He should never have followed him to the ground, he had too much faith in his sambo.
its not silly at all.... it was an amateur mistake.

yes Werdum lured him into the triangle by using an armbar.... but even after he was well in the triangle... he was in the position to stack him and step over... but he panicked and did some strange turning thing which just put the triangle on deeper.

i know its easy to say that watching the replays after the fight... but everyone else ive spoken to who knows BJJ have all said the same thing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have a question: what would happen in a hypothetical scenario whereby a fighter breaks his ankle or something from stepping awkwardly? He's injured and unable to continue, but the opponent did not cause the injury. So is it a forfeit? Does the opponent win on a technicality?

tiburon

Juniors
it has nothing to do with Dana White at all.... the main problem for Team Fedor is you cant claim to be the best when your fighting K1 circus acts and UFC rejects.

I respect his fight history completely... but as a Fedor fan from his pride days i find it pretty shameful that people actually talk about him being the best HW in the world today.

you dont need Dana White to tell you that the UFC has a much better stable of HW & LHW fighters.

but i also think he has valid reasons for not signing with UFC. M1 and his team have every right to get the best for there fighter as Dana White treats his fighters like slaves.

but dont come out and say your the best HW around... its like someone from the ESL claiming there the best RL player in the world... its rubbish.

fedor has never claimed to be the best
and which ufc rejects has fedor fought?
arlovski when faced fedor was former ufc champ, 10-4 in the ufc and on a 5 win streak including a win over werdum
sylvia is also a 2x ufc champ and along with couture has the most ufc heavyweight title defences
the ufc def. has a lot of potential in the heavyweight division with cain / JDS etc. but who is a better heavyweight in the ufc atm. record wise even over the last 2-3 years

and again please show me ONCE where fedor claims to be the best?

I have a question: what would happen in a hypothetical scenario whereby a fighter breaks his ankle or something from stepping awkwardly? He's injured and unable to continue, but the opponent did not cause the injury. So is it a forfeit? Does the opponent win on a technicality?

well most of the time the other guy just capitalizes on the injury and will get a quick win. i think it's still counted as a tko loss tho.

2 kind of examples i can think of are:
just eilers against arlovski; he just stepped wrong and his knee buckled under him and he was done - arlovski just started throwing punches while he was down and couldn't get up and got the win

corey hill did this to himself
c6zom.jpg

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
he loses by way of tko as he is no longer able to compete, i dont believe it would be called a no contest but that may be the ruling in some organizations

Eelementary

Post Whore
It occurred to me because I was watching TUF season 2 last night and saw Rashad Evans V Tom Murphy and even though nobody got hurt, some of Rashad's defensive sprawls looked like he was one step away from twisting his ankle. And then I wondered what would happen.

It would suck so bad to lose like that, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.