What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Does anybody know the weigh in rules? Escudero was 4 pounds over the 155 limit set for the fight. I was suprised the commentators didn't mention it. I know with the belt on the line if a fighter is over 1 pound over then it can't go ahead.

I thought Rogan briefly touched on it but didn't go into much depth.

From what I understand (I could be wrong) if both parties agree to waive the issue the fight can go ahead.

But I would assume Dana would not be impressed....

Special K

Coach
I am no whiz about weigh-ins but from my limited knowledge - the weigh-in is set at say 2pm, if you don't make it at 2 then you get 2 hours(or an agreed upon time limit) and then if you don't make it the other fighter can accept the weight you come in at which then makes it catch weight.I remember Dana was talking about the Vegas fighting commission and how they give you "a pound or two" because of human error, scales not being 100% and all that type of jazz but I've never heard of 4 pounds being let go. Being over weight also results in copping a fine from your purse.

Also maybe we shouldn't talk about TUF until it airs here in Aus but all I will say is that guillotine is sick! Also how fat is Dana looking these days?

andrew057

First Grade
Mckenzie has won his last 9 fights by guillotine. The noises his opponent was making and spitting the blood afterwards was sick.

Special K

Coach
“When one of them fails a test, the government is going to fine them and suspend them and tell them they can’t make a living for a year. So should I come in after they’ve already lost the ability to make a living for a year and been fined all this money and, in the worst economic disaster in the history of the world, fine them another huge amount and take away their ability to make a living even longer?
“These are guys with homes and families and personal lives and bills and debts and obligations, just like me and you,” White said. “After they lost all this money already, money that, A, they’ve probably already spent and B, which they owe taxes, do I fine them another huge amount? What else do you do to a human being?”
http://www.5thround.com/52342/ufc-president-dana-white-responds-to-chael-sonnens-positive-drug-test/

Sad to hear about this after the awesome performance he put on. Might also mean they push Anderson Silva back to feb to fight the winner of Belfort and Okami.

shiznit

Coach
meh... i dont think it makes much of a difference... PED's or not... Sonnen and his cheating ass showed the world that a world class wrestler can pressure Anderson Silva into trouble.

sure the bloke may have been juiced up... but the un-touchable aura Silva had just isnt the same.

before the Sonnen fight we were all talking about Silva going down to Welterweight to kick GSP arse...

now... GSP's wrestling looks really dangerous for Silva

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Anyone getting UFC119? Card is OK. Bader v Nog should be good. Couple Ultimate Fighter boys on are there too. Mir was supposed to fight the other Nog but now its Cro Cop. Probably get it for a bit of a Sunday sess.

UFC121 is shaping up as one of my favourite cards in a long time.

Special K

Coach
Yeah 121 looks awesome.

119 looks alright (well a lot better then 120).. Baders fight and Cro Cop/Mir should be fun.

Anyone else watch ep 2 of TUF?

Awesome to see GSP try Koscheck with the first pick haha... Also very glad Bruce Leeroy got the win as that Jeff guy seemed like a real dick

Stonecutter

First Grade
Nate Marquardt will fight Okami in Germany instead of Belfort, Belfort gets Anderson Silva next .

I would've expected Belfort to get another match before Silva after his layoff. The guy can be so hot and cold, i would've tested to see if he's still in the game first. Plus if he destroyed a Marquadt or Sonnen imagine the build up. HUGE!!

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
UFC119 been and gone. Bit disappointed in some of the fights. Mir v Cro Cop was boring as until Cro Cop ate that knee. Little Nog v Bader wasn't anything special. Evan Dunham won be over. Copped a massive elbow and split him open so bad (one of the worst I had seen in a while). Had a huge second and third round but got done on points after a quiet first round.

Special K

Coach
Mir vs Cro Cop was pretty boring... I liked how Joe Rogan compared to a sparring match because I agree it really did not seem like they were going for each other.

Pretty bad for a main event

lytle vs serra was awesome. Chris Lytle has improved so much. Sad to see my boy Serra lose, but he would gain a lot of love from Dana for putting on a show.

Stonecutter

First Grade
wow the quality of the TUF is incredibly poor. I think they need to go back to 2 weight divisions on 1 show so we don't see so many absolute powder puffs who couldn't spell UFC. I mean these guys would get destroyed against real MMA fighters.

it went a bit downhill, talent wise, after season 5. However a few gems have come thru since then, Sotiropoulos, Ryan Bader, Roy Nelson....

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watching TUF season 1, and Bobby Southworth is such a tool. I'm not crazy about Leben but the way he and Koscheck f**ked with Chris's head was messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.