What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
Total pricks. Especially when Leben went to sleep outside and they covered him in water. f**kwits!

I can't wait for Koscheck to be knocked out by GSP. Also Southworth showed up for the TUF 12 try outs lol

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I love how Southworth gave it to Dana White in series 1. Smart move mate, thats one way how to get yourself a contract HAHA! Has he fought in the UFC since?

Leben was crazy in series 1 but I think he has matured of late. His last couple of fights were crackers. One of my favourite UFC fighters.

Current TUF stocks are a bit low but it starts of like that in every series. The fighters will progress with the training and improve. No one is expecting world beaters from the start are they?

mozza91

Coach
Watching TUF season 1, and Bobby Southworth is such a tool. I'm not crazy about Leben but the way he and Koscheck f**ked with Chris's head was messed up.
Southworth and Kos are both douches but pale in comparison to Bruce Leroy I want this androtop to get killed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Southworth and Kos are both douches but pale in comparison to Bruce Leroy I want this androtop to get killed.

Haha good call!

Yeah I disliked Leben at first, but he matured and started to grow on me. A talented fighter, no doubt.

When Southworth calls him a "fatherless bastard"....That was just uncalled for.

Ah, TUF...So much drama and tension! Love it!

And IMo GSP is going to destroy Koscheck. Josh is a decent fighter, but Rush is THE man.

mozza91

Coach
Haha good call!

Yeah I disliked Leben at first, but he matured and started to grow on me. A talented fighter, no doubt.

When Southworth calls him a "fatherless bastard"....That was just uncalled for.

Ah, TUF...So much drama and tension! Love it!

And IMo GSP is going to destroy Koscheck. Josh is a decent fighter, but Rush is THE man.
I'm hoping for a double knockout, but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Koscheck via motorboat.

Special K

Coach
Just watched the newest TUF and gee I wanted Bruce Leeroy to get his head kicked in...

UFC Primetime is such a good way to build up a fight. Some of Brocks work outs looked crazy

hattori hanzo

Juniors
Thanks Shiznit I'm pumped, can't wait. I really want Cain to win. Anyone know any pubs showing UFC 121 on the Brisbane southside??

hattori hanzo

Juniors
Just watched the newest TUF and gee I wanted Bruce Leeroy to get his head kicked in...

UFC Primetime is such a good way to build up a fight. Some of Brocks work outs looked crazy

I watched ep4 on Fuel the other night, I really hope Sevak gets a shot at Leroy.

Special K

Coach
Mike Goldberg quotes for the win

Joe Rogan: "Think of leg kicks as like in a video game. The more they take, their power goes right down."

Goldberg: "I know what you're thinking, mighty ball mighty ball DEEP DEEP DEEP!"

Joe Rogan: *Does best to ignore that and continue talking about the fight*

Mike Goldberg: "He's got him in some kind of strange choke I've never seen before!"

Joe Rogan: "That's a rear naked choke."

Joe Rogan: "Karo is wide open!"

Mike Goldberg: "Diaz smells the opening."

Mike Goldberg: "You can hear the corner speaking portuguese!"

Joe Rogan: "Uh, that's Japanese, brother"

Mike Goldberg: "I should have known that."

Joe Rogan: "You're the one married to a Japanese chick."

Mike Goldberg: "That is correct."

Frank Shamrock: "Ohhhh huge knee!"

Mike Goldberg: "Big knee!"

Frank Shamrock: "That was a huge knee!"

Mike Goldberg: "That knee was big!"

UFC 68

Goldberg: "Welcome back, Randy Couture. This fight brought to you by..."

Sylvia gets knocked down in the first 8 seconds*
Rogan: "Big right hand! Sylvia is down!"

Goldberg: "...Shooter. Starring Mark Wahlberg in theatres next Friday."

UFC 76 Machida vs. Nakamura

Mike Goldberg: "And here is Nakamura...entering the octagon for the 1st time...touching the fence for the first time."

Joe Roganlaughs)"You running out things to say?"

Mike Goldberg: "Yeah. Kinda(laughs). You? You know, you could help out and chime in once in a while..."

UFC 79 Sokoudjou Vs. Machida

Mike Goldberg: "Because SOAKoudjou is so highly touted, you almost want to sit back and watch and SOAK it in."

Mike Goldberg: "Don't forget coming up next it's Blade the series...plenty of action, violence, vampire sexuality!"

Rogan: "Vampire sexuality, what's that?"

Goldberg: "I don't know, it was on a card they put in front of me"

UFC 84 Wanderlei Silva vs Keith Jardine

After Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva knocks Keith Jardine out
Goldberg: "The Iceman is back to his winning ways!"

"The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine vs Kerry Schall

Goldberg: "If Jardine's last name were Johnson, the nickname Dean of Mean would make no sense."

Parisyan vs Burkman

Joe Rogan: "He's getting instructions in two different languages."

Mike Goldberg: "He understands them both!"

on Travis Lutter

Mike Goldberg: "He's like the Michael Jordan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!"

Joe Rogan: "No, he's not"

Mike Goldberg: "Larry Bird?"

Joe Rogan: "Uhm, no."

Mike Goldberg: "Kobe Bryant?"

Joe Rogan: "..."

Couture vs Gonzaga

Joe Rogan: "Here's a beautifull left hook by Gonzaga." Mike Goldberg: "Yup, You can clearly see his nose explode there." Joe Rogan: "I don't think that was it actually, the thing that damaged his nose was in a takedown." Mike Goldberg: "Oh, Gotcha!"

Clip of Randy taking Gonzaga down (not the headbutt one)
Goldberg: "Oh yeah, you're right, thats it, pardon me." Rogan: "I don't think it was there either, i think it was in another takedown." Goldberg: "Oh."

Clip of Randy slamming Gonzaga, which caused the broken nose due to a headbutt*
Rogan: "I believe this is what caused it, watch as he takes Gonzaga down, they both collide heads, BAM, thats it, right there." Goldberg: "Oh, good call, good call."

on Kenny Florian after taking a groin shot

Goldberg: "... So you want to be an Ultimate Fighter?"

on "Lil' Evil" Jens Pulver vs. John Lewis

After "Lil' Evil" Jens Pulver knocked Lewis out*
Goldberg: ""Lil' Eagle" flies again!"

TUF 7 Finale

(on Diego Sanchez's conditioning)

Goldberg: "It must take a lot of energy just to keep that mean look on his face"

Random Quotes

Goldberg: "He's unrelentless!"

Goldberg: "You know Roy Jones Jr. respects the hands of Forrest Griffin."

Goldberg: "And here we go!"

Goldberg: "And it's all over!"

Goldberg: "That eye is rocked!"

Goldberg: "Could we be blessed with a 3rd round?"

Goldberg: "Continuing on his meteoric rise!"

Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up they would pound each other behind the barn!"

Special K

Coach
yeah I was reading them on the train to work today cracking up...

Nick Diaz is good for some quotes also

Dan Black: "for the record do you own a computer?"

Nick Diaz: "After my last fight I bought one, I have no clue how to work it.. nor have any intention of chatting on here with you whores"
Trigg - "You should have just closed the door Nick."

Nick - "How the f**k am I gonna close the door? I ain't no bitch."
"For the record, right now, I think someone needed to come out and say it: I think smoking pot is good for mixed martial artists. It's a new day and age, this is, uh, the year ... f**k year is it? I don't know, because I've been training and smoking pot like I should, instead of paying attention to other bullsh*t, which I don't do."
^ I think that is my all time fav quote from anyone! EVER!

So Nick, would you agree your marijuana smoking has got in the way of your fight career?
"Actually, on the contrary, my fight career has gotten in the way of my marijuana smoking."

All in relation to Gomi:
"He kinda just put his head down and looped some f**king punch out there that smacked me...I was like what the f**k?!?!?!?"

"There he is ....that little f**ker."

“That little f**ker hit me with a Hadukan or something.”

"I beat his ass. But you know, that little f**ker. Man that f**ker is tough. I mean I hit him, but then he comes out with this karate sh*t and little dude can bang. I mean he f**ked up my eye and sh*t... That's why I went to the ground and go go'd him. You dont see that sh*t in MMA. Who in MMA go go's anyone cept me."

Jesse Holland (UFCmania): Who paints their hair and toes?
"Dude everybody. C’mon man. Even Hermes Franca. One day he comes in with that goofy haircut. You got Jens Pulver, f**king Mayhem Miller. Some bitch he was talking to tried to offer me this piece of hydrogenated chocolate. What the f**k are these guys into? Give me some real chocolate. Real fighters eat real chocolate."

“If I have a girlfriend, I don’t bring her to flaunt her. She doesn’t get to reap the benefits of me being famous."

Because you get high all the time, you can't find people that train all the time. But if you get high and train, you will get high and train all the time together and it will be f**king massive-takeover-smoke-weed-and-kill-people sh*t.
“I’m trying to fight (Hayato) Sakurai, I’m trying to fight K.J. Noons, I’m trying to fight Anderson Silva, I’m trying to fight everybody. I’m trying to fight Georges (expletive) St. (expletive) Pierre. I’m trying to fight … I didn’t mean to call Georges a (expletive), but I ain’t got no problem getting there and fighting the best people in the world. Georges is a nice guy. I’m trying to fight Jon Fitch, I’m trying to fight Silva, I’m trying to fight K.J. Noons, I’m trying to fight everybody. I’m trying to fight Takanori Gomi, Sakurai, I’m trying to (expletive) everybody up. (Expletive) this (expletive). This is (expletive) gangster (expletive) warfare. I don’t give a (expletive). You know what I mean?”
"Leave the women and children at home, did a ninja warrior bring his wife with him when he was hiding up in the trees about to kill a dude."
“My job is to come and whoop your f**king ass so can get paid to take care of my family and take care of my business…I don’t have time and to walk around and pose and act happy and f**king paint my hair up…at the of it it’s Stockton, there’s nobody around for that sh*t…. there’s nothing to distract you there are no hot chicks, the but-ugly one’s think that they’re the sh*t… everybody thinks it’s all about moving to Vegas if you’re a f**king fighter-- yeah, if want to be f**king poser...”
“ I don’t have nothing to say but f**k this f**k that at this point and time, so.”
“If people can’t handle watching me or they handle the intensity of my life or they can’t handle me cussing saying f**k this and f**k, then you know, I think people really need to become a little more mature, kinda grow up a little bit…”
Ok I'll stop filling this thread with quotes... But seriously imagine Nate and Nick living together as kids! Seriously google Nick Diaz quotes and get ready to lol

diazcomputer.jpg

Really keen for 121 this weekend. Hope Brock gets up and I'm interested in Titos return to the cage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.