What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I am pumped for UFC121 this Sunday. Brock v Cain is a huge fight. I thought Brock v Carwin was a great heavyweight fight but this is going to double that.

Sanchez and McGee on the card is good to see.

Hammill v Ortiz is another fight I am loving.

THE BEST QUOTES OF RAMPAGE JACKSON

On MMA:
"Well the weird thing about me is that I grew up fighting and one of my friends introduced me to it (MMA) and I was like, 'Whoa, you mean I can beat up white dudes and not go to jail?'"

Rampage and PRIDE announcer Mauro Ranallo calling a Kevin Randleman fight:
Ranallo: "There's a left by

andrew057

First Grade
Cody with another guillotine victory, this time against Koschecks #1 guy and within 20 seconds, wow.

Brookins was hugely impressive imo, I think hes the favourite for the show.

Jono078

Referee
Cain was far too good and never lost composure.

Lesnar's a funny fighter, he never looks comfortable or dominating yet has beaten some quality opponents.

Diego Sanchez what a mental psycho merkin, love him!

andrew057

First Grade
Cain was far too good and never lost composure.

Lesnar's a funny fighter, he never looks comfortable or dominating yet has beaten some quality opponents.

Diego Sanchez what a mental psycho merkin, love him!

I think its because hes such a physical freak.

MattJ

Juniors
oh man, i was hoping and praying Cain would get the win, but never expected it to come to him that easily, that was embarrasing for Lesnar, totally outclassed.
Cant wait for Valesquez vs Dos santos, thats gonna be awesome, 2 guys with great technique, not just freakish physical abilities.

*wow @ cain. he was very very good. However hes just keeping the belt safe for CIGANO!

*who will brock fight next? not too many guys at heavyweight with a free schedule. i reckon we may see mir/lesnar 3 or maybe Nog.

*not impressed at all with Shields at 170. put him back to 185. would be disappointed to see him fight the winner of gsp/kos

*Schaub surprised me, he looked amazing. give him a big time guy in the div and see how he goes.

*I love Cody on TUF, how good is his guillotine!!!

*Brookins Jiu Jitsu was so cool to watch.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Velasquez v Dos Santos should be a good fight but I wasn't very impressed with Dos Santos. I think it is a real step up for Dos Santos.

Wasn't impressed with Shields either but the man can get out of a submission. I thought Kampman had him done a couple of times.

Schaub looked way too quick and had way better technique against Gonzaga.

I can Lesnar going with three ways - Lesnar v Mir 3, Lesnar fighting the winner of Carwin v Roy Nelson or Lesnar v Nog. All three I would like to watch. Can you see anyone else in the heavyweight division worthy of a fight? Schaub is a little bit away yet, Cro Cop seems to be on the way out. Gonzaga, Herring, Kongo would be a big step back.

Special K

Coach
I think they will feed Brock someone like a Cro Cop, Kongo etc and play it as Brock vs the old vet before throwing him against Mir, Carwin or Nelson. Let Brock work on his stand up, get a victory then go back for the belt. That was only his 7th fight so I don't think they will rush him back for a tough fight. Also is Carwin/Nelson for a title shot? I'd like to see Nelson vs Brock for some reason...

From a marketing and $$ stand point if Brock has a loss for his next fight it isn't a good thing for the UFC. I really see them throwing him a big pay day to fight a lesser fighter before throwing him back in the mix. In saying that, they could easily do Mir/Brock III for the next in line for a shot but Velasquez(who became a star in his own right now) just destroyed their freak show cash cow. I see Dana wanting to repair the damage and fast with as little risk as possible.

Jono078

Referee
*wow @ cain. he was very very good. However hes just keeping the belt safe for CIGANO!

*who will brock fight next? not too many guys at heavyweight with a free schedule. i reckon we may see mir/lesnar 3 or maybe Nog.

*not impressed at all with Shields at 170. put him back to 185. would be disappointed to see him fight the winner of gsp/kos

*Schaub surprised me, he looked amazing. give him a big time guy in the div and see how he goes.

*I love Cody on TUF, how good is his guillotine!!!

*Brookins Jiu Jitsu was so cool to watch.
Agree with it all, especially bolded part!

Like wtf how can no one stop it! haha

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol:Brock Lesnar:lol:

Brock was outclassed by a man with superior technique and patience in Velasquez, but he improved from his last fight.

Lesnar is a freakish athlete - don't forget he only has 7 professional fights to his name. Once he improves his stand-up and wrestling from the bottom, he will be unstoppable. His size, speed and power are incredible.

But kudos to Cain. Carwin's coming for you, baby! :)

MattJ

Juniors
It would be a step down for Lesnar, but i would like to see him thrown in against Kongo, mainly because i'd like to see kongo get destroyed for being such a dirty fighter, but if there was an upset, i had so much joy seeing Lesnar get pumelled, it would be a win win either way.

abpanther

Staff member
Did anyone else think that Lesnar came out a bit too hard? He looked gassed pretty quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.