What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers bro, reason i asked is coz the torrents i was dling were going as slow as hell. but i got some from a side called btjunkie.com and ive pretty much caught up on the whole season now. go george, even though everyone hates him. theres no real likeable characters though, unlike (like you said) in season 5. corey hill is awesome. cant stand nate diaz and how he disrespected the ufc after winning the final.

i loved how in one of the earlier episodes corey hill is talking to himself in the corner yelling "this is why i WORK!" i wonder if he trains at mfs now?

ufc 78 tomorrow, any predictions?

i gotta go with Rashad and Houston

Yeah I gotta go with Rashad & Houston too. Rashad actually shoved Bisping at the weigh ins, and they've been talkin sh*t about each other the last few weeks on their online blogs. So it should be fireworks a plenty. Hopefully Rashad comes out agressive and takes it to him, cos I'm certain Bisping will, and that should make for an exciting fight. I hope Rashad doesn't give us some more Lay N Pray like he did Vs Tito. I think Rashad will win by decision after elbowing Bisping's face in with his ground n pound skills.

LOL Corey Hill. That guy's nuts. lol @ his Buddy Rowe sh*t. "THIS IS MY ZONE...NO ONE COMES INTO MY ZONE OR MY HOME." I especially liked when he was screaming his ass off and Nate was lying down crackin up laughing.

I'm pretty sure Corey's training with Miletich, allthough at the moment I think he's helping Matt Hughes train for the Serra fight at Hughes new H.I.T Squad gym. So he may be splitting his time between MFS & HIT.

But yeah Nate was a bit of a dick with what he said about the UFC after winning TUF 5. Allthough the UFC wouldn't allow his bro Nick to corner him during the finale, because he needs to have a cornerman's license. So both brothers were pretty pissed, which is a pretty common occurance for them. Nick was so pissed he was actually considering approaching Floyd Mayweather and beating the sh*t out of him in a mall the next day in Vegas. Because Floyd's been talking sh*t about MMA, and he was on a shopping spree which made Nick jealous. Nick is poor and Mayweathers a millionaire. Floyd's bodyguards made him think twice though lol. Nick was also talkin sh*t about testing positive for weed, and said he does Triathlons stoned LMAO.

LOL @ Karo & Nate's lil beef. Karo recently said - "He's a bitch. Just like his brother."

I must admit I like Nate as a fighter though. His Jiu Jitsu is sick. Nicks is too of course (black belt) but with Nate's youth, I think he'll end up the bettr fighter.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lauzon fight tomorrow too. That guy's vicious.

dead right on lauzon, finished the guy pretty damn easy. i hate his ring name lol.

very impressed by thiago silva. wasnt so impressed by bisping, rashad, houston and even ed hermans win wasnt very convincing against a guy who had short notice.

LOL @ buddy rowe. i cant wait to see corey hill become a top contender, his pre-match hype interviews will be awesome!

Selachimorpha

Juniors
UFC 78 Definitely one of the weakest UFC PPV's in a long time. Individually guys like Frankie Edgar, Thiago Silva & Joe Lauzon looked good, but the quality of fights was pretty average. Herman/Doerksen was probably the best fight but it wasn't anything remarkable either.

Houston Alexander is completely exposed now, Spencer Fisher will lose to anyone with good wrestling, Karo mailed in the worst performance i've ever seen from him, and Bisping/Evans was decent at best. Certainly not a main event worthy fight, and neither guy showed anything that makes me think they have a chance against the top guys in the division.

Disappointing show particularly since i had high hopes for it, even with the lack of 'big names' on it.

i even thought frankie edgar showed a lot of weakness in that he has no killer instinct. the amount of times he could of put spencer fisher away yesterday....

pennywisealfie said:
dead right on lauzon, finished the guy pretty damn easy. i hate his ring name lol.

very impressed by thiago silva. wasnt so impressed by bisping, rashad, houston and even ed hermans win wasnt very convincing against a guy who had short notice.

LOL @ buddy rowe. i cant wait to see corey hill become a top contender, his pre-match hype interviews will be awesome!

Lauzon is seriously a f**kin animal. Sure he looks like a computer geek but he aint to be f**ked with. BJ has him primed to destroy people. I agree on the ring name lol. J-Lau is the gayest sh*t I ever heard. He should of stuck with one of the nicknames BJ gave him on TUF 5. "Creepy" Joe or "Psycho" Joe. Or even "Tornado" Joe after Wang said he fights like a Tornado.

20_LauzonReinhardtUFC78weig.jpg

Did you hear about his TUF 5 team mate Rob Emerson? he just got setenced to 9 months in jail for being a leader of the "lords of south county". A rich kid gang from the OC who go around gang bashing innocent teenagers. apparently he was doing it back in 2000 and just got setenced for it. The other main leader got like 8 years. Emerson's MMA career is over.
http://www.cagetoday.com/tuf-news-tuf-5-veteran-robert-emerson-goes-to-jail/
http://bloodyelbow.com/

BTW what yall think of that new ring girl Edith who's in that pic above. IMO she's waaaaay hotter than that blonde tart Diego's about to marry. LOL @ her "retirting" from being a ring girl. She has no titties anyway, so I'm really happy with the replacement. I'm feelin the way she swivels her ass when she heads back to her seat.

Oh and Corey Hill's gona fight at the next UFC Ultimate Fight Night. His opponent hasn't been named yet though.

Brock Lesnar Vs Frank Mir should be interesting too.

Hendo vs A. Silva has been confirmed for UFC 82. That fight is going to be awesome.

And I can't wait to see Manny Gamburyan at ufc 79.

that staredown is awesome.

crazy stuff about emerson, he seemed like a chilled kinda guy on the show.

i love the blonde girl, shes my fave, the latina look doesnt do it for me lol.

go corey! go boddy rowe!

so pumped for silva/henderson, im backing silva.

whats the deal with the lesnar/mir fight, hopefully that wont be the main event, surely not.

pennywisealfie said:
that staredown is awesome.

crazy stuff about emerson, he seemed like a chilled kinda guy on the show.

i love the blonde girl, shes my fave, the latina look doesnt do it for me lol.

go corey! go boddy rowe!

so pumped for silva/henderson, im backing silva.

whats the deal with the lesnar/mir fight, hopefully that wont be the main event, surely not.

Diego probably told the blondie...You have to quit your job, it's too much pressure with you at ringisde LOL

Different strokes for different folks re: latinas. They get my motor running lol

As for Lesnar/Mir at UFC 81. Definitely not the main event. They are holding off on naming the main event....reason being Dana's offering Couture a fight with Minotauro. If Randy turns it down, it will go to Sylvia for the Heavyweight title.

...oh and yeah Matty Serra has hurt his back pretty badly and is out of UFC 79

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808
UFC President Dana White announced Thursday
that Matt Serra will have to withdraw from the UFC 79 card due to an injury he suffered after his training earlier this week.
The current UFC welterweight champion, who was scheduled to fight Matt Hughes at UFC 79, suffered a herniated disc in his lower back on Monday following a routine training session in his Long Island gym.
“This is devastating news because they were so looking forward to fighting each other, said White.
“Unfortunately injuries happen and I look forward to Serra recovering quickly, and to getting him back into the Octagon.”
Serra had just finished a Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling training session and was demonstrating a move when he became gripped with pain and fell to the floor. Serra went to the hospital and underwent an MRI, which revealed the herniated discs in his lower back.
“This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do,” said Serra. “I’ve never had a back injury before; I could hardly get off of the MRI table. There is no way I can train through this, and I’m devastated, especially because this was such an important fight. I was looking forward to fighting Matt Hughes. All my training was going phenomenally until Monday – All I can do now is to get better and to fight again as soon as possible.”

This REALLY sucks for the WW division. I don't want to wait even longer to see GSP fight.

no way man, thats so much bullsh*t! i was so looking forward to this fight, will matt hughes still fight someone else?

im a bit of a sylvia fan, id love to see him have the world title but i also wanna see couture/nog

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Good news regarding UFC 79, we're now getting an even better main event of Matt Hughes/Georges St. Pierre III for the Interim Title, winner fights Serra whenever he is able to fight again.

Martli

Coach
I'm worried that GSP is going to be a little under-prepared for this, but otherwise, great news.

Martli

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
way better then that wanker josh koscheck getting the shot

How was that even going to be a possibile alternative though? GSP and Hughes are the obvious candidates and the obvious match-up. Just because having him the fight at 79 is better than Hughes vs. Koscheck doesn't make it the best option. Surely they could move the fight out a month or so to give GSP a chance to train some more. Isn't Lesnar vs. Mir going to be the main event of 81? What a bore fest; put Hughes vs. St. Pierre on that card. It also gives a bit of time to Serra so we can have a better picture of whether or not he will fight again.

The match is obvious, I just get the feeling it's too rushed. That being said I ahve no idea what sort of fighting shape GSP is currently in, so maybe I should reserve judgement 'till then.

Martli said:
How was that even going to be a possibile alternative though? GSP and Hughes are the obvious candidates and the obvious match-up. Just because having him the fight at 79 is better than Hughes vs. Koscheck doesn't make it the best option. Surely they could move the fight out a month or so to give GSP a chance to train some more. Isn't Lesnar vs. Mir going to be the main event of 81? What a bore fest; put Hughes vs. St. Pierre on that card. It also gives a bit of time to Serra so we can have a better picture of whether or not he will fight again.

The match is obvious, I just get the feeling it's too rushed. That being said I ahve no idea what sort of fighting shape GSP is currently in, so maybe I should reserve judgement 'till then.

i read that they thought gsp wouldnt want to do it since he was pretty much guarenteed a shot at the winner, so when serra pulled out, they were thinking of putting hughes against either jon fitch or koscheck

Martli said:
The match is obvious, I just get the feeling it's too rushed.

"Rush" is GSP's Middle name! :lol:

But seriously though, I think GSP will be fine training wise. He was helping Jardine for the Lidell fight, and Rashad for the Bisping fight. As well as always staying ultra fit. So it's not like he's been sitting round eating chips n dip. Plus he knows Hughes game well from the previous 2 fights. I don't think it will be any problem. 5 week is plenty of time to prepare for somebody you've prepared for twice before.

GSP will knock Hughes bitch ass out. Can't wait.

Pity we won't get to see Hughes Vs Serra after GSP wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.