What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martli

Coach
Anyone catch affliction? Fedor is one scary motherf**ker, I honestly don't even think Randy would beat him.

Lesnar owned Couture in a farce of an event designed by Dana to get the belt on Brock asap.

Sure he did it with ease, but it will be interesting to see what happens when Brock has to fight a guy on form.

Martli

Coach
I think Nog takes Brock and Mir.

Nog can take a beating, and has great BJJ, which we all know is Brock's weakness. I see him getting a sub in the 2nd round. As for Mir, he beat a n00b brock which is hardly a decent win, and has looked sh*t in all his other matches since his comeback. I think Nog takes him easily. It's kinda sad that Brock is the champ, because I think Fedor takes him too, Brock won't be able to do sh*t in Fedor's guard, and Fedor definitely has far superior standup.

woah discussion in the mma thread!!!

is anyone else sick of dana white constantly saying the UFC heavyweight division is "stacked". it clearly isnt. you have a guy who is 3-1 in his pro career as heavyweight champ. you have frank mir in the title scene who is overrated as hell right now. zuffa needs fedor more than fedor needs the ufc. so get on your knees and open wide dana coz u have a lot of sucking up to do!!!!

sad to see my fave fighter (joe stevenson) lose and essentially drop himself out of the LW title picture. im predicting a Ken-Flo upset win, when he eventually gets BJ.

as for UFC 92, im pumped as for it. looking forward to seeing rampage in action again, hopefully he can avenge his losses to Wandy. Hope Nog destroys mir and wouldnt mind rashad beating forrest, it would be cool to have an undefeated LHW champ.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Love watching UFC unleashed and Ultimate fighter on fuel. Although I don't know the regular times it's on TV just channel flick and watch it when it's on.

Can someone give me definite dates and times so I can remember to watch it in series?

cheers.

Martli

Coach
is anyone else sick of dana white constantly saying the UFC heavyweight division is "stacked". it clearly isnt. you have a guy who is 3-1 in his pro career as heavyweight champ. you have frank mir in the title scene who is overrated as hell right now. zuffa needs fedor more than fedor needs the ufc. so get on your knees and open wide dana coz u have a lot of sucking up to do!!!!.

I completely agree. He knows Fedor is the absolute best fighter in the world right now, but he doesn't admit to it because he's not with the UFC. Everyone else knows it too, but Dana's ego obviously comes first.

mozza91

Coach
UFC 92 will be of the hook Evans vs Griffin will be great
Also 94 GSP vs Penn will be even better
And of couse Fedor vs Arlovski January 25 so much to look forward to

Fedor lost his first fight for 8 years in Sambo the other day.

really? crazy sh*t!

cant wait for rampage/wanderlei.

anyone see TUF this year? wasnt that fun of a series really besides all the stupid sh*t junie did. I think Phillipe and Vinny will win the show.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
As good as the UFC 92 card is, UFC 94 might end up topping it. As of right now the main card looks like:

Georges St. Pierre vs BJ Penn
Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva
Nate Diaz vs Clay Guida
Jon Fitch vs Akihiro Gono
Karo Parisyan vs Dong Hyun Kim

All five fights have the potential to be awesome, i'm having trouble remembering a better UFC main card than that.

Even the undercard should provide at least one great fight, with Fight of the Night machine Thiago Tavares facing Manny Gamburyan.

Last edited:

Selachimorpha

Juniors
And while it's not MMA, i recommend everyone check out the K-1 World Grand Prix from last night if you can. Simply one of the best nights of fighting i've seen, be it kickboxing, MMA or whatever. Constant action, great fights, huge KO's, and one of the biggest non-Mike Tyson meltdowns in combat sports.

Some highlights from probably the best fight, Badr Hari vs Errol Zimmerman:

rthlkn.jpg

24v78d2.jpg

v4bdbt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts