What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martli

Coach
Forrest deserves the shot, he's got some good wins under his belt recently.

Whether or not he will actually win though is doubtful. I'm sure he can hang but I honestly think Rampage is in a class of his own right now.

But really, who knows? Forrest was practically written off for his last few fights and proved everyone wrong. We'll see.

Martli

Coach
How about GSP eh? Absolute domination, great match. Liddell vs. Silva was a nice kickboxing match too.

Martli

Coach
In "post new reply" there is an icon that looks like a quote, but with a little red x on it. That's the spoiler tag.

all kinds of different places u can catch MMA action, Friday Nights ESPN shows EliteXC, each month Main Event shows UFC PPVs and Fuel TV has the Ultimate Fighter on every night

Martli

Coach
To get the PPV'S you need to book it on Sky Box office, they're on when they're on, check the UFC site for details. We get eliteXC on ESPN too, Ultimate fighter is sometimes on Sky1 I don't really watch it, just the PPV's.

5497-HEADLINE.jpg

Bj makes em squirt....that's the sports photo of the year right there.

"When I was in the corner, and they were checkin his cut...I looked over at his wife and saw her crying...*shrugs* but I was like...I'm sorry, I gotta finish him off."

"Sean Sherk....YOU'RE DEAD".

BJ Penn is the best 155er of all time.

sucks man. i was so pumped for that, i put up with foxtels bullsh*t to watch my boy win the title just for damn BJ Penn to win :(. nice photo tho.

Anderson Silva - Who can possibly stop this man? No-one at 185lb looks like being able to f**k with him for a long time. Easily the best striker in MMA. He throws the most amazing and diverse arrays of combos in the world. And let's not forget he's a black belt in BJJ under the Nogueira brothers, so if you take him down you better be top notch on the ground. Who expected him to submit Dan Henderson? Not I. I thought he'd knock him out in the 3rd. This man is unstoppable. Who's gonna step to him? Okami? Bisping? Kampmann? McDonald? Herman? These guys will all get stomped..as will the rest of the division.

GSP VS Matt Serra 2 - I think GSP will win this one. I don't think he'll stand with him like last time though. He'll use his superior wrestling, and GNP him to a stoppage. It think Serra will put up a very good fight though. I see it ending late 2nd. Thus GSP will be back on top of the WW division again. Where he rightfully belongs. He will then fight maybe Jon Fitch, and beat the snot out of him. Probably knock him out standing.

BJ Penn VS Seak Serk - Can't wait for this one. I can't stomach Sean Sherk and his boring ass style. BJ will submit this clown. I see it going exactly the same as the Stevenson fight actually. Penn will annihilate the Roid Blanket. Let's see what you got without the Roids Sean.

wouldnt it be awesome if GSP, Anderson Silva and BJ were all in the same weight class and just for fantasys sake, throw in Fedor. 4 absolutely phenomenal talents that dont seem to have any weaknesses.

Anderson seems unstoppable, he seriously needs to change weightclass or something because he is just gonna get bored, noone will beat him.

Of course i will be cheering on Matt Serra next month, but man i wont be unhappy to see GSP take the title, he is incredible and a real credit to the sport of MMA.

Penn will f**k sherk up, then i wanna see Penn/Huerta

Only a month now until TUF7. wonder how thats gonna go, i really hope its not the same as last time, 8 sh*tty fighters, 3 ok ones, 4 good fighters and a guy which none of them will come close to beating. i want them to bring in 16 great and equal competitors, no more of this Bowman sh*t.

tuf7 looks so awesome! first episode was really good. hopefully it continues. i thought that amir guy would be some guy who was all talk, but he delivered. he reminds me so much of forrest.

tuf7 looks so awesome! first episode was really good. hopefully it continues. i thought that amir guy would be some guy who was all talk, but he delivered. he reminds me so much of forrest.

well looks like i was very wrong, amir won! what a good season! cant wait for forrest/rampage. im getting behind page.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I just finished watching the Forrest/Rampage fight and I have no idea why Jackson's manager is reportedly protesting the unanimous decision. Forrest clearly dominated Rampage in all but the 1st round when Rampage clipped him with an uppercut and knocked him down.

We're all aware of Forrest's ground skills by now (mainly his takedown avoidance), but his endurance and ability to soak up punches is epic. Not to mention Rampage's appalling ground skills. He clearly has no interest in taking a fight there.

You really have to admire Rampage for his humility and respect after being beaten though, he openly admitted straight after the fight that Forrest "whooped his ass".

For mine, the leg kicks won the fight for Forrest. He clearly hurt Rampage in the second round, and he never really looked dominant again until late in the 5th when he started throwing combos again.

could be something fishy. i had the fight either 48-47 to rampage or 47-47 if one of forrests rounds was a 10-8 round. things work out so well for ufc is forrest wins. if rampage wins, he will have noone to defend against besides the guy they dont want to give a shot to in lyoto machida. but now forrest has the title, we can see forrest vs chuck, the 2 most popular fighters in the ufc. would guarentee the largest buyrate in history. also in the future is rampage vs wanderlei 3 and then rampage vs shogun. huge matches.

rampage got arrested anyway, so its probs a good thing hes not the champ lol.

I thought Rampage won the fight. Obviously the judges saw it different. Page didn't have the octagon control to push forward due to leg kick...but he was landing plenty of shots.

Too bad Page has gone psycho now and thinks he's god.

Status
Not open for further replies.