What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
He tried something different I think because he knew he couldn't take the beating from Velasquez that he took from Carwin in round 1. There was no way this fight was ever going past 2 or 3 rounds, so I guess Brock wanted to end it as quick as possible. That attempted flying knee looked geniused though...

Credit to Velasquez who handled it well and got the win. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I would have liked to have seen Brock wait for Velasquez rather then throwing himself at him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If Lesnar works on his technique and stops trying to 'bully' his opponents with his size, he will be unstoppable. He needs to use better strategies in his fights and work on his stand up defence and ground defence, but if he can do it, just imagine what he will achieve. The man is a freaking beast.

andrew057

First Grade
I dont know about being unstoppable, but he would be better.

I think Lesnar has a decent chin in the way he can take some good punches with out being knocked out. The thing is, it looks like he is crazy scared of actually getting hit, scared of the actual pain of being hit in the face.

shiznit

Coach
soooo happy about Cain... what a star!!

Cain V JDS will be an awesome fight also...

Something i was wondering... do Cain & JDS seem like a small heavyweights to you??? could they possibly go down to LHW to fight a mega match?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I dont know about being unstoppable, but he would be better.

I think Lesnar has a decent chin in the way he can take some good punches with out being knocked out. The thing is, it looks like he is crazy scared of actually getting hit, scared of the actual pain of being hit in the face.

Very good points.

I am amazed at how good Lesnar is now and he's still a relative rookie. I mean he's not great per se, but he's OK, and he's still rather raw. Get him some experience under his belt and watch out!

And (in a totally heterosexual way, I assure you!) how badass did Brock look with the beard?

soooo happy about Cain... what a star!!

Cain V JDS will be an awesome fight also...

Something i was wondering... do Cain & JDS seem like a small heavyweights to you??? could they possibly go down to LHW to fight a mega match?

I know what you mean. I know Velasquez is a big guy, but to me he looked small. But maybe that's because he was fighting Brock Lesnar, and Lesnar is a monster lol.

Also, IMO, Velasquez winning was the best thing that could have happened for the Heavyweight division. I mean I am a fan of Brock Lesnar's, but his loss will make him determined to get better, and it will push the other Heavyweight contenders to get better, too.

shiznit

Coach
maybe they look small compared to those monsters Lesnar & Carwin.

we could still see a mega fight though... if Jon Jones wins the LHW belt... hes always said he was willing to go up to HW if the competition was there.

tiburon

Juniors
Meh Brock has been shown up. People keep saying improve this and look out but you have to remember Brock isn't a young guy, its hard to change how a guy reacts and feels about getting hit in the head at that age.

Also Cain only started Mma a year or so before Brock.

Special K

Coach
And (in a totally heterosexual way, I assure you!) how badass did Brock look with the beard?

2mnjcm1.gif

:lol:

Special K

Coach
I saw that the other day. It joins a lot of dots and isn't the best source. Word around the mma forums is they will be back here in(Sydney) in April.

MattJ

Juniors
I saw that the other day. It joins a lot of dots and isn't the best source. Word around the mma forums is they will be back here in(Sydney) in April.

Yeah, i think your right, i just found this which says 127 will be Feb 5 in Vegas.
Going by some of the fights rumoured for this card, it looks like it will be heavily stacked.
would have loved to have seen a card like that make its way down here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ating-up-florian-vs-dunham-to-join-fight-card

Last edited:

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Yeah, i think your right, i just found this which says 127 will be Feb 5 in Vegas.
Going by some of the fights rumoured for this card, it looks like it will be heavily stacked.
would have loved to have seen a card like that make its way down here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ating-up-florian-vs-dunham-to-join-fight-card

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_126

I found this but I guess with anything on wiki can be false so take what you want from it. It says UFC126 is the event on the the 5th February and the rumoured fights it has got listed are awesome (Bader v Jon Jones, Franklin v Griffin, etc.)

This leaves UFC to come to Australia later in February.

andrew057

First Grade
Was awesome to see GSP's medic Tate get under Koschecks skin like that. Koschecks been baiting people all season and Tate got to him.

Can't wait for Brookins to beat the sh*t out of Siko.

Looks like Lytle & Condit will be on the card for 127, very nice to see Lytle back.

Id say if George wins his next, he will get a massive fight, probs co main event or something.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
George has probably dropped down the rankings a bit in the light weight division since UFC & WEC have merged. No doubt he will be fighting on the Australia card though.

Status
Not open for further replies.