What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Should be a good card. Not a card of fighters I like but some good match ups. Hopefully Noke goes hard. Only 2 hour show on Fuel though. Live at 6am (NSW time) and replayed during the day.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What is with some of the tools in TUF? Jesse Forbes and Tait Fletcher mucking around with the basketball because they think it's hilarious? Forbes destroying sh*t in the house 'cos he's bored? WTF? Are they 12?

:crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
woah delayed reaction!

Hah yeah. I can't download episodes so I'm watching them from the start on Fuel TV. Plus I'm a newcomer to the sport (my interest in MMA basically started when I bought UFC 2010; I loved it ever since). So far I've seen seasons 1 and 2 (how awesome was the Bonnar VS Griffin final!!!).

But it interests me how they're there to supposedly work hard to become a fully fledged pro in the biggest MMA forum in the game and they act like kids. Southworth and Koscheck in season 1, Forbes in 2...:crazy:

But TUF is awesome fun. I am really grateful that they had Dana explain a few things - when season 2 started they mentioned that Shamrock and Ortiz hated each other. Dana actually explained why and saved me the trouble of asking or Googling it!

On a side note, I love Ortiz.

mozza91

Coach
hahah only 4 years late!

Trust me, If you think Tait Fletcher is bad, then you really haven't seen anything yet! Especially one Junie Browning.
I liked Junie you could tell Dana wanted him there though for ratings, he got away with so much sh*t.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Hey guys, there are very strong rumours that UFC will be coming to Sydney on February 27... What fights do you expect to see and what fights would you want to see?

One fight that has been thrown around is Lesnar v Big Country. Would love to see that fight in Australia. I doubt it though. A big fight like that is USA material and UFC would know that they would sell out Acer Arena whatever card they put together.

MattJ

Juniors
I think like last time, they will sell out Acer even before a card is officially announced.
As mentioned earlier, the only rumoured fight at this stage is Condit vs Lytle, which will be a verrry good fight.
Anyone know an estimate on when Rua looks like fighting again? I know its a long shot, but would love to see Rashad vs Shogun at 127!

This is the rumoured card

Georges St Pierre/Josh Koscheck vs Jake Shields
Brock Lesnar vs Roy Nelson
Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddell
George Sotiropoulos vs Sean Sherk
Carlos Condit vs Chris Lytle

of course i'm f**king around here

Special K

Coach
Just watched the latest TUF online and I must say with no spoilers I think Jonathan Brookins might just be the coolest guy in the world. Every time he talks it is like he is stoned or something haha

20090420094907_jonathanbrookins.JPG

shiznit

Coach
Yeah for sure... Brookins looks like the real deal. hes got definite potential. hes got a well rounded game.

what does everyone think of Nam Phan? TBH i think hes over-hyped somewhat... i think Cody had his number but he gassed out. for a fighter as limited as Cody to dominate him for as long as he did... i can see Brookins & Johnson doing the same thing but with more control, more venom and definitely more gas.

shiznit

Coach
Man... is anyone else super impressed with GSP's BJJ coach??

John Danaher... the guys a deadset genius.

and to top it off... hes a kiwi. :cool:

Stonecutter

First Grade
Another good win for Noke. He showed his stand up ability in his first fight and his ground game in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.