What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
Looking forward to the Bader-Jones fight most, should be awesome.

Silva vs. Belfort is a crappy fight and not worthy of main event status,
:roll:

Honestly this is the stupidest thing anyone can say about any fight.

In fact, everyone was saying the same thing about Edgar Vs Maynard...

I can't frikin wait for this event to get started, potentially could be the best UFC in history.

shiznit

Coach
Just a heads up guys.... there showing the kid Yamamoto fight on facebook for free...in less than 5mins...

im logged in waiting for it...

andrew057

First Grade
:roll:

Honestly this is the stupidest thing anyone can say about any fight.

In fact, everyone was saying the same thing about Edgar Vs Maynard...

I can't frikin wait for this event to get started, potentially could be the best UFC in history.

Vitor tends to come up short in big fights. I hope he puts up a good fight, just dont see it.

andrew057

First Grade
Jones has no problems and submits Bader in the 2nd round.

Rogan tells Jones fater that fight, that because Evans blew out his knee, he will now get to fight Shogun for the title. So awesome.

shiznit

Coach
HOLY f**kING sh*t!! WHAT A KNOCKOUT!!

That dude is SCARY when he puts it together...

Why the f**k would he be considering retirement??

his next 2 fights could vs GSP for the Title... and then vs Shogun/Jones for the LHW title...

could you f**king imagine Anderson Silva V Jon Jones??

like i said... the next 2 years will be Anderson Silva's time to cement his legacy...

shiznit

Coach
Also... Jon Jones IS THE REAL DEAL!!

how f**king awesome was he... absolutely dominated Bader.

hes just so well rounded...

and i cant wait for the match V Shogun.

i just hope the short turn around is okay for him.

shiznit

Coach
well... just watching the post fight press conference. Silva and Eddie Suarez have said hes not going to retire. Dana White said that Anderson Silva's next fight will be against GSP at 185.

thats assuming of course that GSP gets past Shields.

Snoochies

First Grade
I'm shatterred. I have followed Vitor for 10 years now and thought he had a real shot. Silva was arrogant leading upto this fight and wanted him to lose bad but................tip my hat to the best p4p fighter in the world and he showed real class in victory and Vitor was very humble in defeat.

Silva Vs GSP is a must if GSP wins next.

Ram Man

Juniors
Cant belive Vitor was beaten by a front kick....Silva is a freak!

Unreal submission from Jones, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Bader
pulled guard when he was close to being submitted earlier in the fight and was doing badly from his back in the first round...I think he will be disappointed he pulled guard...disappointed in the Franklin vs. Griffin fight, I didnt really expect much as far as fireworks but it was a bit of a scrappy affair.
I would rather see Silva go up a division to test himself rather than stay and wait for GSP.
205lbs would be more of a challenge for him IMO

aqua_duck

Coach
Jones is something else, athletically he's an absolute specimen, in terms of size, he is absolutely the perfect size for the 205 division, the guy would probably walk around at about 225, and by fight might I've read he's around 221 pounds which gives him a distinct advantage against most LHs.
His striking is so unorthodox that most fighters struggle to see where the next shot will come from, also his size, quickness, athleticism and 84 inch reach just make him such an intriguing prospect.
His stand up is very solid but he's probably an even better grappler, he's got a Greco roman background (which is probably the most effective wrestling background for MMA when you look at guys like Couture and Dan Henderson), he man handled Bader who on paper would be one of the best wrestlers in the division.

eel01s

Bench
That was my first time watching a full UFC card.

Very, very impressed with Jones and Silva. Jones has it all in front of him - with his skill and reach he will be very hard to beat.

Silva - what a legend! After nearly two minutes of circling with Belfort, to knock him out with one straight kick was amazing. I was expecting a war with Belfort.

So what is GSP's current status? Would he be a match for Silva?

Ram Man

Juniors
That was my first time watching a full UFC card.

Very, very impressed with Jones and Silva. Jones has it all in front of him - with his skill and reach he will be very hard to beat.

Silva - what a legend! After nearly two minutes of circling with Belfort, to knock him out with one straight kick was amazing. I was expecting a war with Belfort.

So what is GSP's current status? Would he be a match for Silva?

Current Welterweight Champion who has defended his title in the last 5 fights, and has a title fight coming up in a few months.

His wrestling would be far superior to Silva, but I think Silva would have the advantage in the striking because of the reach advantage.

Either Silva would knock him out, or GSP would wrestle and try and get a decision. But remember GSP has never been out of the 170lbs division and would have to go up in weight, but GSP usually walks around at about 175-180lbs, silva would have a bit of a size advantage.

Collateral

Coach
Asmuch as I want to see GSP V Silva, I dont think I would want to pay to watch it. It will be an absolute stare contest!

Jon Jones V Rua would be an awesome fight. I dont think people are giving Rua the respect he deserves and wouldnt be at all suprised if he beats Jones.

Snoochies

First Grade
A Jones Vs Silva fight would be the one I want to see. It would be the closest Silva will ever get to fighting his clone.

But I can understand the hype between GSP and Silva, everyone would buy the fight and they are the most dominant champions ever in the UFC. I'd pay to watch it.

MattJ

Juniors
So dissapointed Vitor got dropped so easily, nobody on earth would have predicted K.O by a front push kick. I wish Belfort had of been able to get deeoer into the fight and do a lil damage to Silva, was a really demoralising loss for him.

Jones's domination of Bader was so impressive, however i'd have to say thats the most cautious and uncomfortable i've ever seen Bader look in a fight, he never got loose or looked like doing anything at any stage that could hurt Jones.

Glad Griffin got the win, predicted the fight to go pretty much exactly as it did, Forrests size advantage over Franklin looked massive in the clinch and on the ground.

Out of curiousity, do you think its fair that they are Giving Jones his title shot so soon after fighting, He's only going to get an 8 week turn around between fights, Shogun is going to be completely rested and rejuvenated.

Also, should Jones win, will sugar ask for a title shot after previously refusing to fight team mates? He would be no 1 contender with nowhere to go if he still refused to fight a team mate.

Snoochies

First Grade
It would not surprise me that if Randy beats Machida they will give him one last shot at the title before he retires. Be extra interesting if Jones is the champ at the time, old dog vs new dog.

It's a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.