What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Man

Juniors
MattJ, keep in mind that Rua will have a lot of ring rust, he hasnt fought in a long time, and is coming back from a knee reconstruction and I dont think Jones really copped any treatment from Bader who was a little bit gun shy in yesterdays fight.

Jones is young, and can recover quickly if he picked up an injury.

Rashad wont ask for a shot at the title if Jones win, I think they will make him fight Rua before getting a shot at Jones even if he wants it.

Jono078

Referee
Can't believe you guys are writing Shogun off. This guy is great. He'll punish Jones unlike anyone else before.

Should be great!

shiznit

Coach
im not writing Shogun off... infact, i think Shogun will win there fight.

Jon Jones is just too green at the moment.

but what im saying now is Jon Jones is the real deal and is a genuine contender for the title.

Special K

Coach
A few things

- GSP will destory Silva ;-)! It would be an awesome fight to see and I hope we get to. My money would be on GSP all jokes aside.
- I can't believe that Shogun is the under dog. I know he has ring rust but Jones will be fighting twice in like what 7 weeks?
- Upsetting Rashard is hurt as he waited so long for this shot because Shogun was hurt. I hope they give Rashard the winner of the title fight(and he wins)... And Rampage wins his fight and we get Rampage/Evans II for the belt!
- Steven Segal is taking credit for teaching Silva that kick :lol:... Maybe he did but it just sounds funny.
- Really upset Vitor went out so quickly. I was really hoping for him to throw some bombs at Silva. Also I thought Bader would put up more of a fight...
- One must feel bad for Okami getting skipped over.

UFC 127 is only 20 days away!

Ram Man

Juniors
Who wrote Shogun off????? I just mentioned he hasnt fought in a long time and will probably have a little ring rust
Im not keen on the Rashad vs. Rampage rematch.
There was a lot of hype about someone getting knocked out but they really didnt get into too many exchanges where someone could have been knocked out...I thought it was a bit of a boring fight tbh. And I dont think Rashad can beat Rua.
Rashad is a good wrestler but I dont think he has faced anyone with any real dangerous ground game, and im not sure he can go toe to toe with Rua.
Dont get me wrong he has knock out power but Rua is nasty with his kicks and Rashad struggles to deal with them

MattJ

Juniors
Rampage is fighting Thiago Silva at either 129 or 130, theres a match up that should have some fireworks.
I don't really blame Rampage for passing on the title shot, he obviously didnt feel like he was ready or fit enough for such a big fight at such short notice and did not want to face Shogun unprepared.

MattJ

Juniors
Condit has pulled out of 127 due to injury, its a real shame, was probably a strong candidate for fight of the night.
I wonder who they can find to fill in at such short notice, Lytle is on a roll and would be dissapointed to face a nobody, hopefully someone worth while is willing to jump in.

Special K

Coach
I only wanted Rashard/Rampage II as I thought it would be the quickest way for Rampage to get the belt back. I'm glad he turned down the title fight so he can prepare though.

I was really looking forward to Condit fighting! He is one of my favs and that was going to be a war. Hopefully they replace him and not scrap the fight altogether.

daaaaaaamn! that fight would have been the bomb, both are great standing and great on the ground, would have been a back and forth fight

MattJ

Juniors
this card looks a lot weaker on the back of this fight change.
Was really hoping another big name would step in to fill the void.

Special K

Coach
GAY!

I wish Diaz was on this card and not bumming it on the prelims for 129.. Or even Dan Hardy... Something! Not Brian freakin Ebersole

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Rampage was actually offered the title shot and turned it down.

Well Shogun has already literally destroyed Rampage once

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwU9GGcEHk

And is quite fat at the moment. he doesn't want to rematch Rua without being 100 percent so I can totally understand him passing. Also if someone hasn't seen Shogun/Page its worth watching to demonstrate why Bones NEEDS to get Shogun down as quick as he can

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
:lol: @ Fedor... he got DOMINATED...

a bit strange how it ended... but fedor's face was WASTED...

Fedor fanboys like to talk about how Fedor would beat Brock... the guy couldn't handle Big Foot Silva on top of him... how would he have a hope in hell with Brock on top of him.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
fedor-injured-3.jpg
OUCH!!

Jono078

Referee
He lost, but he didn't get KO'd or submitted which is still very impressive.

That Silva dude has some skill for someone his size, he fought very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.