What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavaholic

Juniors
As much as I respect Fedor, he's well past it. He has got nothing left to prove and I'd hate to watch him become a punching bag like Liddell.

aqua_duck

Coach
i know Fedor has never looked like Mr Olympia but god damn this fight he deadset looked like Russian Carl Webb, fat and pudgy

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
That 2nd round was a pretty heavy beat down however he did get out of most of the bad situations and the round ended with him trying to apply a submission of his own... Fedor looked f**ked at the end of the 2nd though and you can't send a fighter out for a round when he has one working eye.

I loved the big foot interview at the end how he said he was going to go home watch tv, eat pizza and drink soda lol.

Last edited:

MattJ

Juniors
Strikeforce must be spewing the Fedor vs Overeem match up never eventuated, the whole tourney seems weaker for Fedors early elimination.

Special K

Coach
Man I want Bisping to win... If BJ wins and goes ape sh*t post fight I will jizz in my pants. I wish I had a BJ shirt to wear for it. I'm sure they will sell walk out shirts(surfstitch are stocking them now) but everyone will have it. I'll stick with my clay guida one I think.

I just watched the press conference and man it got me excited. They spoke about a potential TUF Ashes which we would be sick to see. I cannot wait for 127! I might even buy a title belt for my desk at the office.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
I guess it would be apart of the TUF International..The only negative is it would further fill any future cards with local tuf guys to save on travel. 127 while still decent (condit not fighting hurts it imo) is watered down from 110. If we had our own TUF I don't think we would get the likes of BJ or Bisping down again.

I wonder how we would go. My local MMA knowledge is confined basically to one MMA gym and a jiu jitsu gym in the city. I don't know much about the local scene.

Ram Man

Juniors
I guess it would be apart of the TUF International..The only negative is it would further fill any future cards with local tuf guys to save on travel. 127 while still decent (condit not fighting hurts it imo) is watered down from 110. If we had our own TUF I don't think we would get the likes of BJ or Bisping down again.

I wonder how we would go. My local MMA knowledge is confined basically to one MMA gym and a jiu jitsu gym in the city. I don't know much about the local scene.

More and more MMA gyms are popping up but there are far more BJJ gyms than anything else.
I know there are 5 MMA Gyms on the Northern Beaches, Langes in North Manly and Warriewood, Roots BJJ and MMA in Brookvale, VT-1 Gym in Chatswood and Ortiz MMA in Newport. They are around but they dont have the money for advertising. There are heaps of BJJ places though and you will probably find 1 in most major suburbs, my BJJ gym is in Brookvale (Gracie Barra)
Ashes TUF would be good but like mentioned before hand, the next UFC card we get will be stacked with TUF alumni and would struggle to attract big names or even title fights. I also think the pommys have a major advantage in the MMA side of things purely because they have world class gyms in England (Wolveslair to name 1) and Europe and there are very few decent MMA gyms in Australia.

Snoochies

First Grade
Don't worry Bisping will fight here again, he's moving to Sydney after the event. Dare say he will continue to train out at Elite gym in Penrith.

Jono078

Referee
So to the people who bagged Ebersole before the actual fight. HA!

Once again, you can't say what a sh*t fight before it actually happens.

Was awesome, well deserved fight of the night.

Ebersole is a nutjob.

Ram Man

Juniors
What did everyone think of the fights at Acer?

Personally really happy for Kyle Noke, I didnt realise he was so slick on the ground tbh! Transitioned really well and had good technique applying the choke.

Best fights were Lytle vs. That nut bag Ebersole, wass pi$$ing myself when he did the capoiera kicks lol
And the Bisping vs. Rivera, the drama from the moment they both walked into the octagon, to the stare off and $hit talk in the ring before the fight, the illegal knee to Bisping spitting at Rivera's cornermen, and their reaction...was unreal.

But I was bitterley disappointed in the Main event. Bloody wrestlers really do make it boring some times, Fitch was just lying in BJ's Guard, like a lot of wrestlers do

They will need to bring some title fights out next time imo, Abu Dhabi got 2 title fights on their first ever card, and we have filled Acer twice....bigger fights needed.

tokerShark

Juniors
Lytle vs Ebersole and Mark Hunts KO are probably my highlights, that and the Aussie winners, Perosh and Noke.
Tehuna started well but seemed to gas, Sots getting knocked down twice in the first was heart breaking, but he did well to hang in there.
I couldn't believe Nick Ring got the decision, there is no way he won that fight.

Ram Man

Juniors
Lytle vs Ebersole and Mark Hunts KO are probably my highlights, that and the Aussie winners, Perosh and Noke.
Tehuna started well but seemed to gas, Sots getting knocked down twice in the first was heart breaking, but he did well to hang in there.
I couldn't believe Nick Ring got the decision, there is no way he won that fight.

Yeah I missed Hunt and Perosh wins...traffic was torture with all the emo kids getting to Soundwave or whatever the hell it was at the showground.:crazy:

Nick Ring decision was pathetic, he was all but dominated in every round, no way he won a round in my book.

Poor old George got popped and was on the back foot most of the fight, needed to get it to ground to be any chance.

nearly all of my dudes lost :(

Tried to get the crowd going for Jorge, but noone seemed to be keen on him. It was def pro bisping. Did anyone hear the hip hip jorge chants?

Was talking MMA at the bar for ages last night then turned around and noticed that we had been sitting next to Chris Lytle for about 20 mins. We talked with him and he was the nicest guy. He and his training partner (who is looking to be on the next TUF) said that Jon Jones will easily beat Shogun and be champion for as long as he likes basically.

He said that he only just had knee surgery a couple of weeks before the fight and that he was really caught off guard when they put him against a wrestler when he hadnt trained for any wrestling up to that point.

To this day Chris still works 48 hours a week as a fireman so hes busy all the time.

He enjoyed his time on TUF.

Hes gonna take a fair bit of time off before his next fight.

Both said Anderson would beat GSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.