What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
nearly all of my dudes lost :(

Tried to get the crowd going for Jorge, but noone seemed to be keen on him. It was def pro bisping. Did anyone hear the hip hip jorge chants?

Was talking MMA at the bar for ages last night then turned around and noticed that we had been sitting next to Chris Lytle for about 20 mins. We talked with him and he was the nicest guy. He and his training partner (who is looking to be on the next TUF) said that Jon Jones will easily beat Shogun and be champion for as long as he likes basically.

He said that he only just had knee surgery a couple of weeks before the fight and that he was really caught off guard when they put him against a wrestler when he hadnt trained for any wrestling up to that point.

To this day Chris still works 48 hours a week as a fireman so hes busy all the time.

He enjoyed his time on TUF.

Hes gonna take a fair bit of time off before his next fight.

Both said Anderson would beat GSP.

Lies and slander! :fist:

shiznit

Coach
nearly all of my dudes lost :(

Tried to get the crowd going for Jorge, but noone seemed to be keen on him. It was def pro bisping. Did anyone hear the hip hip jorge chants?

Was talking MMA at the bar for ages last night then turned around and noticed that we had been sitting next to Chris Lytle for about 20 mins. We talked with him and he was the nicest guy. He and his training partner (who is looking to be on the next TUF) said that Jon Jones will easily beat Shogun and be champion for as long as he likes basically.

He said that he only just had knee surgery a couple of weeks before the fight and that he was really caught off guard when they put him against a wrestler when he hadnt trained for any wrestling up to that point.

To this day Chris still works 48 hours a week as a fireman so hes busy all the time.

He enjoyed his time on TUF.

Hes gonna take a fair bit of time off before his next fight.

Both said Anderson would beat GSP.
yet Kenny Florian & Rashad Evans have said GSP will beat Anderson...

its all talk until they get in the octagon.

cool that you got to speak with Lytle though... he's always seemed like a stand up guy.

yet Kenny Florian & Rashad Evans have said GSP will beat Anderson...

its all talk until they get in the octagon.

cool that you got to speak with Lytle though... he's always seemed like a stand up guy.

Oh definitely, just interesting to hear a fighters point of view on it.

andrew057

First Grade
10.gif

Sanchez after todays fight.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
i think kampman shouldve won

whats everybody else think?

I thought Kampman won round 1. That was obvious. I think Sanchez won round 3 (again obvious). I think round 2 was Sanchez too purely because he was the aggressor and dictated the round through pressure and octagon control. Kampman said he thought he won the round because he landed more but didnt throw much compared to Diego.

Sure, Sanchez was a mess (WOW) but I am glad judges dont just look at that. Any fighter can be busted up with a lucky punch.

It was a great card actually. Loved the fights and the results.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
I had Kampmann for the 1st round easily and would of got the 2nd but he lost his way when he got cut and Sanchez wobbled him. The last round was clearly Sanchez IMO.

In saying that if it went the other way I wouldn't have been to bothered by the decsion, great fight.

Bowles looks good aswell as Munoz, he seems to be on a steady course up the ranks. I thought Roller got lucky and was getting owned by Tavares.

Special K

Coach
Zuffa just bought strikeforce...

HOLY f**kING sh*t! Dana is saying no super fights but I don't see him saying that for long.

Snoochies

First Grade
Dana said the purchase of Strikeforce made sense because he needs more fighters so to make the sport more international. I think the same thing will happen to strikeforce just like Pride, he said that Pride would still run as a separate identity. Anyhow, maybe the talk can be settled of who reallyis the best Heavy Weight fighter now. We can finally get undisputed world champions in each weight class. Good days ahead.

Ram Man

Juniors
I think maybe the Fertittas and Dana White are trying to eliminate the threat of becoming like boxing and having 30 different governing bodies or organisation and making MMA under 1 banner, to see who truely are the best fighters in the world. That way MMA will have the Super Fights like boxing should have had with Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Special K

Coach
They must have offered some serious money to make this happen. Dana said it happened very quickly (under 6 months was the question) and didn't Strikeforce just announce they were on track to bank 30 mill?

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2011/02/0...30-million-in-revenue-in-current-fiscal-year/

That is a big jump from 4 mill in 2006 to 30 mill in 2011... I can't begin to imagine how much zuffa gave them to give that up!

Hopefully Nick Diaz is one of the first who makes the jump (back) across.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Perhaps at the conclusion of the tournament they'll induct the strikeforce guys to UFC. Hopefully it doesn't get too clutter with the WEC guys and soon to be strikeforce guys joining. Maybe they should have weekly UFC fight nights like the WWE has so we have a chance to see fighters we like.

Snoochies

First Grade
Interesting on what will happen with Fedor. Dana does not co-promote and what will happen to people like Overeem who also like to fight in K1, Dana doesn't allow the possibility to fight for other organisations.

tiburon

Juniors
Interesting on what will happen with Fedor. Dana does not co-promote and what will happen to people like Overeem who also like to fight in K1, Dana doesn't allow the possibility to fight for other organisations.

It's looking like both FEG promotions K1 and DREAM may fold + overeem apparently hasn't been paid for his K1 GP win.

Fedor will more than likely finish his contract with Strikeforce / or retire.

shiznit

Coach
WTF!! JON JONES IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

He just made Shogun look ORDINARY.

He is by far the most impressive fighter i have EVER seen in the UFC.

Special K

Coach
Very good win for Jones. I thought he would win but not THAT easy... He just ran right through Shogun as if he was some kind of scrub.

Looking forward to Jones/Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.