What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua_duck

Coach
Phil Davis hasn't done anything to be ahead of Lyoto. If Phil Davis didn't look like Jon Jones no one would rate him do highly

LOL theres more to Davis than that. I am of the belief that Machida is higher than davis, but im not sure if Zuffa sees things the same way.

aqua_duck

Coach
Davis hasn't beaten anyone, he was terrible against little Nog, and honestly if he was a pudgy white guy he wouldn't even be in contention yet

Frailty

First Grade
Phil Davis is no where near contention - He is only just above Matt Hamil in my opinion.

Anyways, Strikeforce yesterday! Fedor drops to his 3rd straight loss... Looks like his legacy is up the shit.

shiznit

Coach
Machida is still a fair bit away from a title shot.

Id say as far as contenders go....

Rampage is obviously first up & Evans will be next after he beats Tito... which he should do.

id say from there it will be the winner of Shogun vs Griffin II at UFC RIO.

from there its anyones guess... Machida is one option, but Dana hates him... the same goes with Tito if he can somehow beat Evans.

Phil Davis is somewhere in the mix if he can look impressive in his next fight... which will probably be against a top contender.

Chael Sonnen also wants to fight Machida... so that could happen.

not to mention Strikeforce LHW champ Hendo is off contract with strikeforce... if the UFC were to pick him up... i reckon he would be an option...

oh for sure, imagine danas erection being able to market a guy that beat fedor, who he seemingly despises (if only because he can't sign him).

Frailty

First Grade
oh for sure, imagine danas erection being able to market a guy that beat fedor, who he seemingly despises (if only because he can't sign him).

To be fair to Dana White, it hasn't been because he 'can't sign him'. Fedor has gone on record as saying the UFC don't treat fighters like people, etc. which is completely out of line. Strikeforce even struggled to get him on those events - which you will see M-1 always co-hosts.

Dana White was always more interested in Alistair Overeem, which seems extremely unlikely considering the Zuffa owned Strikeforce have now released him from his contract.

shiznit

Coach
To be fair to Dana White, it hasn't been because he 'can't sign him'. Fedor has gone on record as saying the UFC don't treat fighters like people, etc. which is completely out of line. Strikeforce even struggled to get him on those events - which you will see M-1 always co-hosts.

Dana White was always more interested in Alistair Overeem, which seems extremely unlikely considering the Zuffa owned Strikeforce have now released him from his contract.

incorrect... Zuffa pulled him out of the Heavyweight Grand Prix due to injury.

but he's till under contract to Strikeforce.... which means he's still under contract to Zuffa.

shiznit

Coach

i was following on from what Dana White had mentioned in the UFC 135 Press Conference:
“He hurt his toe, pulled out of the fight,” he said. “He’s still under contract. The date that was set in September was set by Showtime, and it is what it is. We’ve got to get an alternate in there, but he’s still under contract.

“If you say you’re hurt, you’re hurt,” he continued. “What are you gonna do? There’s been a lot of that lately. If I got mad at guys who got hurt, I’d be really pissed off right now. It is what it is.”

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
Terrible!

This still makes me laugh though...

JonesRampage_faceoff.gif

dogslife

Coach
Anyone catch UFC Live today, it was free on One. Lytle vs Hardy was a great stand-up fight, and Miller vs Henderson was unlucky not to get fight of the night imo

Tom155

Coach
Anyone catch UFC Live today, it was free on One. Lytle vs Hardy was a great stand-up fight, and Miller vs Henderson was unlucky not to get fight of the night imo
hardy vs lytle was the right choice for fight of the night imo

henderson vs miller was too one sided, henderson just dominated miller, i was very impressed with his performance

MattJ

Juniors
How good is Ben Henderson? I'd like to see him matched up with Guillard for a contendors shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.