What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, not in the near future. the good news is they are venturing out to places like germany and ireland so thats definetly a good sign for australia.

anyone see corey hills incident? just ughhh

Stonecutter

First Grade
We'll be up there in the pecking order I'd say. It would have to be in Sydney as well with the Super dome so I'll definitley be keeping an eye out :).

not long now until ufc 92, who has everyone got?

evans vs griffin: such a tough one to call, both fighters keep winning when they are underdogs. Evans is a definite GnP guy while forrest has an awesome sprawl, but we all know what happened to the last guy who evans fought who also had good takedown defense. Im saying Rashad and i base that on absoutely nothing, coz this is way too close to call. but rashad hasnt been defeated, so im going with he will continue it here. Evans by Decision

Mir vs Nog: Nogueira easily. 1st round win. Nogueira by Tapout 1st round, Rear Naked Choke

Rampage vs Wandy: i so hope Rampage wins, but i think wanderlei is going to murder him, which sucks. cmon rampage! Silva by KO, round 2

Dollaway vs Masenzio: Dollaway has been pretty impressive, ill say CB by TKO in the 3rd

Kongo vs Al Turk: Kongo by KO 1st round

Okami vs Lister: im going for an upset and picking Dean Lister to win by submission in the 2nd round.

other winners:

Wessell
Hamill
Chonan
Barry

Selachimorpha

Juniors
My predictions:

Evans over Griffin, KO, Round 4
Nogueira over Mir, TKO, Round 2
Silva over Jackson, KO, Round 2
Okami over Lister, TKO, Round 1
Al-Turk over Kongo, Decision (Kongo will probably win but i hate him so i'm taking Mustapha)
Dollaway over Massenzio, Decision (Upset potential here though)
Chonan over Blackburn, Decision
Hamill over Andy, TKO, Round 1
Evensen over Barry, KO, Round 1
Hardonk over Wessell, KO, Round 1

ive seen it all already so i wont comment too much. but junie is a f**kwit. not my fave season for fighters, but minotauro is cool to watch and the wierdest thing ive ever seen when anderson silva stands in the cage with John Polakowski and anderson pretends to be bruce buffer, except he doesnt know english, so he just grunts and mumbles, LOL so funny but wierd.

fat_mike

Juniors
nope, not in the near future. the good news is they are venturing out to places like germany and ireland so thats definetly a good sign for australia.

anyone see corey hills incident? just ughhh

bonus disc of 84 Ill Will has Dana White talking bout UFC doing things with Australia in2009, definitely wouldn't rule it out, even tho it seems a long shot.

Predictions for 92
Griffin Vs Evans: Where do u start, forrest has amazing cardio and just keeps pressing, just keeps getting better since his win over shogun. Good ground game and freaking tough and nails. Evans has some of the best hands in the world, so quick and as we saw with the liddel knock out has incredible power. also a gun wrestler. I'm going Evans Split Decision in a freaking close one.

Minotauro Vs Mir:
Both incredible on the mat, easily 2 best ground men in the heavyweight devision, but minotauro is just that much better than mir, he some decent hands and can take a knock to head and still go on to win like he showed in the heath herring fight. Minotauro stoppage due to arm bar in 3rd.

Rampage Vs The Axe Murderer: Wanderlei owns rampage as he's shown in the pride matches. Wanderlei is to aggressive and will dominate rampage.

Haven't seen the corey hills incident. anyone wanna update me.

Cheers

oh and if anderson silva isn't easily the best pound for pound MMA fighter in the world then i've definitly missed something. GSP and BJ a very very close second

AILD

Bench
good fights!!

griffin was looking the better fighter but evans landed some powerful shots while he was down and he was gonskis.

Rampage did it relatively easy.

and Mir also won with ease...Nog didnt look like he was in it at all...but fmd he keeps proving that his jaw is made of titanium.

mozza91

Coach
good fights!!

griffin was looking the better fighter but evans landed some powerful shots while he was down and he was gonskis.

Rampage did it relatively easy.

and Mir also won with ease...Nog didnt look like he was in it at all...but fmd he keeps proving that his jaw is made of titanium.
f**k that was sh*t cannot believe how much Mir dominated Nog I think he took him to lightly Nog looked really unfit
Rampage knocking out Wandy was killer
Forest fought well but Evans did well he's definatly the real deal

crazy card! rampage really set the tone with the surprise knockout which made me very happy! then sadness when mir beat nog, finally evans with a great win.

Evans vs Rampage anyone?

Stonecutter

First Grade
New Season of Ultimate Fighter is on tonight at 9 on Fuel in case anyone wanted to know :).

Who won the last season? I missed the semi's and final.

semis:

Amir Sadollah d CB Dollaway by submission rnd 3
Jesse Taylor d Tim Credeur by unanimous decision

after the show, jesse went on a vegas rampage and dana kicked him off the show, so cb and tim fought for the other final spot:

CB Dollaway d Tim Credeur by Unanimous Decision

FINAL:

Amir Sadollah d CB Dollaway by Submission, 1st round.

my 2nd fave ultimate fighter series ever behind season 1.

So Evans becomes the 3rd Ultimate Fighter guy to win a UFC title belt. So I ask the question, who has been the best of the Ultimate Fighter guys?

Evans is the current LHW champ, but has only beaten imo a lackluster Griffin, a hasbeen Liddell and overrated Michael Bisping. In his fight with Tito, he would have lost had Tito not had a point deducted.

Then there is Griffin who looked sh*t today but beat the sh*t out of Shogun and beat Rampage in a questionable decision, but has lost to the likes of Keith Jardine and Tito Ortiz.

Then you have the other title winner in Matt Serra, who "shocked the world" by defeating GSP, but in his only other fight since the TUF 4 final (which was an iffy decision as well) he got beatdown by GSP.

Other guys who have done exceptionally well include: Josh Koscheck, Mike Swick, Nate Quarry, Marcus Davis, Joe Stevenson, Keith Jardine, Michael Bisping, Matt Hamill, Chris Lytle, Nate Diaz and Joe Lauzon

But i honestly believe the best fighter to come from TUF is Kenny Florian. He just gets better and better and i think hes gonna beat BJ Penn when he gets his shot. Rashad 2nd, Forest 3rd.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Nog looks done, sadly. He was so slow and just had zero reaction time, all the wars and beatings he's been a part of seem to have finally caught up with him. Mir meanwhile looked by far the best he ever has, Lesnar/Mir II is going to do huge business.

Rashad and Rampage both looked very impressive, Evans just keeps getting better every time he fights and Jackson certainly erased the two KO losses to Wanderlai with an even sicker knockout this time. I assume it'll be Evans/Rampage as the next LHW Title fight, it's either that or Rashad vs the winner of Lyoto Machida/Thiago Silva. Either way, good stuff coming up.

Very good show overall, no bad fights and plenty of memorable and spectacular finishes. Can't wait for UFC 94 now (don't care that much about 93).

Selachimorpha

Juniors
As for Ultimate Fighter Ranks, i'd have it:

1. Rashad Evans
2. Forrest Griffin
3. Kenny Florian
4. Josh Koscheck
5. Diego Sanchez

Regardless of the circumstances or how they did it, Rashad and Forrest have fought and beat elite opposition and have both been champion, as good as Kenny has looked lately he hasn't. Until he beats BJ or Sherk (and i hope he does) i can't put him any higher than 3rd right now.

Diego at Lightweight is a wildcard in this though, i instantly favor him over any lightweight outside the BJ/Sherk/Florian trio, and if Kenny & Diego fought again i'd probably pick Sanchez to beat him again too.

Also i don't think Forrest looked bad against Rashad. I had him winning both the first two rounds, he was doing a good job controlling the range and using his reach to pick away at Rashad, particularly with his leg and body kicks. It's not the most exciting strategy ever but it's effective, he just lacks any sort of knockout power to go with it.

mozza91

Coach
LOL at Rogan talking up Kongo's chance of a title shot, Kongo would probably win with his dirty cheating tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts