What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
Haha yeah happy I picked that result, probably should of had money on it!

So glad I got to see BJ Penn fight live earlier this year...I knew he would announce retirment soon because he hasnt really been the same BJ since losing twice to Frankie Edgar.

One to watch from yesterday is Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Wow this guy is a beast. Has some nasty Muay Thai and a legit ground game and has won his last 4 fights in very impressive fashion, look for him to get a title shot in 2012. Doesnt really have any holes in his game and was even criticising his head kick on Siver that started his downfall...said he should have turned his hips over more...sounds like a bit of a perfectionist.

Diaz was acting like a dick at the press conference as well. Saying he had to be the bad guy to get a title fight...even thought he had it to begin with, he just didnt show up to press conferences like its written in his contract. The dude can fight but I cant stand him...hope GSP really puts it on him!

Jacksons man.... there's a new brigade of assassins coming out of that camp... they got a wrap a while back for having 'boring' types of fighters... eg GSP & Rashad.

but over the last year or so... him and Mike Winkeljohn have some f**king killers come out... Jon Jones is the obvious one... but the likes of Cerrone, Condit & Guillard are f**king deadly!!

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I think I saw somewhere that Condit will probably fight on the same February card. Feel sorry for Condit though. Deserves a title shot and a huge fan of his. I reckon he would have pushed GSP more than anyone recently.

Condit v Koscheck?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Condit v fitch for mine. How funny was Jackson 's call to Donald during the fight. Polite middle aged white trainer gettin all gangsta ha ha. Such a mind for the sport

The General

Juniors
GSP will destroy Diaz. Penn was actually doing pretty well the first round and a half until he gassed and tried to stand and bang with Nick. GSP will pick his shots on the feet and take Diaz down at will and pound his face in.

And I'd like to see Condit vs Ellenberger II. First fight was a split win to Carlos and Jake has gone on a great win streak since then. Would be a fun fight.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I think Diaz is a very dangerous fight for GSP. Sure GSP can take him down but Diaz is a shifty character on the ground.

And I don't GSP can trade punches with Diaz like Penn did.

Very exciting match-up though.

Special K

Coach
I wonder why Condit allowed them to skip him like that?

I've wanted Diaz vs GSP for ages so I can't wait. The hype around it will be awesome now... Hopefully Diaz will show up for the presser this time! I can't believe he did not drop the don't be scared homie line

Sad to see Cro Cop and BJ Penn bow out. Two of my all time favs especially BJ...

shiznit

Coach
I wonder why Condit allowed them to skip him like that?

I've wanted Diaz vs GSP for ages so I can't wait. The hype around it will be awesome now... Hopefully Diaz will show up for the presser this time! I can't believe he did not drop the don't be scared homie line

Sad to see Cro Cop and BJ Penn bow out. Two of my all time favs especially BJ...

and so he shouldn't... ever since he ducked Mayhem Miller... hes got no right to use that term.

Ram Man

Juniors
Condit v fitch for mine. How funny was Jackson 's call to Donald during the fight. Polite middle aged white trainer gettin all gangsta ha ha. Such a mind for the sport

Not only did a white guy get all gansta, he got all gansta on another white guy with the nickname of "Cowboy" who wears a cowboy hat into the ring and lives on a Ranch....I pissed myself when I heard that! :lol:

You are right shiznit....Jacksons has some quality fighters in his stable, Guillard has come ahead leaps and bounds since joining that camp with his obvious glitch being his last fight where he probably was fighting a little too cocky and got caught...but the dude can train a fighter!

shiznit

Coach
Not only did a white guy get all gansta, he got all gansta on another white guy with the nickname of "Cowboy" who wears a cowboy hat into the ring and lives on a Ranch....I pissed myself when I heard that! :lol:

You are right shiznit....Jacksons has some quality fighters in his stable, Guillard has come ahead leaps and bounds since joining that camp with his obvious glitch being his last fight where he probably was fighting a little too cocky and got caught...but the dude can train a fighter!

dude... check this video out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XLhgKAkhcI4

straight after the fight... Guillard was just shattered... poor bloke just beaks down...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
You could see it in his face the moment j-lau jumped off him that he knew he f**ked up. Jackson and Winkeljohn will get him back up

Ram Man

Juniors
dude... check this video out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XLhgKAkhcI4

straight after the fight... Guillard was just shattered... poor bloke just beaks down...

Yeah I saw that mate, he knew he f___ed up and he was showboating a little bit during the fight because he knew he had the power to knock him out with 1 shot and the fact he was getting pretty close to a title shot would sting.....

Would love to see Guillard vs. Cerrone in the near future...would be an outstanding fight, both guys love to stand and bang...Guillard can wrestle but I think Cerrone has got more skills once on the ground, both have knock out power...would be a barn burner!

MattJ

Juniors
I think i read Cerrone's next opponent is Nate Diaz. Thats not a bad fight, but i'd expect cowboys muay thai and reach to be too strong for Nate's boxing.

shiznit

Coach
the poster for UFC141 was released yesterday.... all i can put down is....

HOLY FUUUUUUUUCK!!!

ufc141poster1.jpg

Ram Man

Juniors
Wow!!!!!!

2 massive human beings going at it in the Octagon....I still think Brock will taste Overeems power and go straight into wrestling mode, would love to see them both stand in the pocket and just throw down!

Ram Man

Juniors
Yeah if it's a throw down overreem will kill him. Hopefully he's been working TD defense

Thats pretty much all he should be doing, TD defense and getting back to his feet if he does get taken down...Thats pretty much what Cain did to win the belt, keep it standing and he should win!

shiznit

Coach
to be fair... Cain was already an all american in college... so his wrestling base always matched up well against brock.

Overeem has no such base... its gonna be a much tougher task for the Reem.

but your spot on about what he should be working on...

one thing Lesnar needs to be careful of... because of his awesome striking people often forget that Overeem has a NASTY guillotine. so you cant just go straight out of the blocks and shoot a double.

MattJ

Juniors
Found out today that the FOX broadcast of Cain vs JDS will only be showing the one fight, regardless of wether the bout last 15 secs or 15 mins, all other fights will only be able to seen on the facebook broadcasts or fox webpage.

Clay Guida vs Ben Henderson is on the same card, cant believe they wouldnt show that fight as a prelim on the broadcast at least! Seriously hoped they would show that fight as well.

Ram Man

Juniors
to be fair... Cain was already an all american in college... so his wrestling base always matched up well against brock.

Overeem has no such base... its gonna be a much tougher task for the Reem.

but your spot on about what he should be working on...

one thing Lesnar needs to be careful of... because of his awesome striking people often forget that Overeem has a NASTY guillotine. so you cant just go straight out of the blocks and shoot a double.

Yeah I know Cain had the wrestling base, but Brock is a different beast all together. He is on another planet when it comes to wrestling. Still think if Brock shoots a double at you, he is a massive man to be tried to sink a choke on. The dude really has no neck to speak of which makes it difficult to submit someone.

I dont have much of a neck and the guys at my BJJ gym find it very difficult to submit me via Guillotine/Triangle/Rear Naked...if you cant get to the arteries in the neck, you aint choking shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts