What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Man

Juniors
You can land some good shots from the bottom using elbows but if you spend the majority of the round on your back...scoring shots or not, you aint gonna win $hit.

Like shiznit said, strikes from the bottom are mainly used to try and catch something so you can sweep or throw up a sub attempt.

tokerShark

Juniors
GSP out of UFC 137 with a knee injury, Carlos still gets next crack and will sit out 137, Penn vs Diaz the new main event .

MattJ

Juniors
Im sure everyones probably heard by now, but in case you haven't, GSP vs Condit has been removed from UFC 137 due to an injury suffered to GSP during training.
Penn vs Diaz is now the main event.
Real shame, still a strong card, but the 2 co main events were great fights.
Reported that GSP vs Condit will probably happen around Feb.
What are your predictions for Penn vs Diaz? Diaz camp is puishing to have fight made a 5 round affair, if this goes ahead, there is no way B.J matches Diaz's cardio for 5 rounds.
I say Diaz wins by submission.

Ram Man

Juniors
No way Diaz wins by submission IMO.

I think Diaz will get through on Points and Penn will retire soon after.

shiznit

Coach
Farewell to a f**king legend!!

BJlickingblood.bmp

A true icon...

bj_penn.jpg

and the ballsiest fighter on the planet...

LyotoMachidavsBJPennRound1exchange.gif

mozza91

Coach
^^^
f**kin aye, one of the greatest of all time finished his career as part of one of the great fights.

Hopefully Diaz ( lol @ the presser after the event the guy has got to stop drinking the bong water) can beat GSP, not a fan of him as a person but he is an amazing fighter.

Congrats to CroCop aswell on a great career went on a few years too long but he and his LHK will go down in MMA folklore.

apparently GSP fired up so hard when there were no cameras on him, telling Dana he is going to destroy Nick Diaz. holy shit. a fired up GSP....

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah first thing I though was watch what you ask for Diaz. Granted I think Diaz is a complete beast but GSP pissed produces results like koscheck. Fractured eye sockets and time out. Should that fight happen I think we'll see a classic title fight. Diaz has cardio and heart for months. But to be honest I think Diaz needs to fight someone like fitch before he has a go at GSP. Winner of fitch/Diaz to get GSP/ condit winner.

Decent event and gigantic props to both Cro cop and BJ. 2 of the all time greats.

Ram Man

Juniors
Ha ha freaking spot on ram man. Top call!

Haha yeah happy I picked that result, probably should of had money on it!

So glad I got to see BJ Penn fight live earlier this year...I knew he would announce retirment soon because he hasnt really been the same BJ since losing twice to Frankie Edgar.

One to watch from yesterday is Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Wow this guy is a beast. Has some nasty Muay Thai and a legit ground game and has won his last 4 fights in very impressive fashion, look for him to get a title shot in 2012. Doesnt really have any holes in his game and was even criticising his head kick on Siver that started his downfall...said he should have turned his hips over more...sounds like a bit of a perfectionist.

Diaz was acting like a dick at the press conference as well. Saying he had to be the bad guy to get a title fight...even thought he had it to begin with, he just didnt show up to press conferences like its written in his contract. The dude can fight but I cant stand him...hope GSP really puts it on him!

MattJ

Juniors
Gotta feel for Condit, got shafted from his title shot so that GSP vs Diaz can happen in Feb. Hope carlos gets a nice sweetner, im a big fan of Diaz as a fighter, but basically he's been rewarded with a title shot for acting like a dick after the fight.
Acting like a dick was what lost him the title shot to start with. Still i understand why its happened, this fights gonna sell big.

Other highlights on the night for mine were Cerrone demolishing Siver and seeing Roy get a much needed win.

I thought Roop got robbed and that Kongo vs Mitrione should have been a draw, i scored 1st two rounds 10-9 Meathead and 3rd round 10-8 kongo.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah Kongo ain't gonna do shit to the big boys on that performance.

Definitely feel for Carlos, hopefully he's guaranteed next shot cos it's pretty shit he's been shafted for Diaz. I wanna see Diaz go against a sick wrestler before Gsp gets his hands-on him

dogslife

Coach
I don't understand how the UFC can reward Nick Diaz like this, and screw Condit so badly at the same time. Hopefully GSP puts him in his rightful place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts