What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggs

Coach
Just read on MMA junkie that big nog isn't having any corrective surgery, just an arm in a cast for 9 months with rehab twice a day.

Thats madness. :crazy::crazy:

Get the nail and be back into rehab in 6 weeks. Fighting again in 9 months. Wont be fighting now for 18 months.

Even just for the pain relief of having a stable fracture.

Jono078

Referee
Australian card sounds like utter shit on big names alone. Not saying there wont be great fights, but bit disappointing :(

shiznit

Coach
The aussie card is an FX card...

but it sounds SICK... Alves V Kampman is a good fight...

but the best thing for me is the rumour's that there doing a Flyweight tournament on the same card.

Demetrious Johnson V Ian McCall & Joseph Benavidez V Yasuhiro Urushitani are ABSOLUTE barn burners!!

because of the likely price its probably not enough of a reason for me to fly over from NZ to watch... but it looks like its gonna be a good card fight's wise...

shiznit

Coach
End of year awards time people...

Name your...

Fighter of the year.

Breakthrough fighter of the year.

Best performance of the year.

Knock out of the year.

Submission of the year.

Fight of the year.

Jono078

Referee
Fighter of the year - Jon Jones

Breakthrough fighter of the year - Ben Henderson

Best performance of the year - Jon Jones (vs Shogun Rua)

Knock out of the year - Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort

Submission of the year - Mir snaps Nogueira's arm with a Kumura

Fight of the year - Edgar Vs Maynard III, closely followed by Shogun Vs Henderson

shiznit

Coach
Submission of the year
Winner: 'The Korean Zombie' Jung Chan-Sung's Twister on Leonard Garcia - UFC Fight Night 24
Honorable mentions: Frank Mir's Kumura on Big Nog - UFC 140 & Pablo Garza's Flying Triangle Choke on Yves Jabouin - UFC 129

Knock-Out of the year
Winner: Anderson Silva on Vitor Belfort - UFC 126
Lyoto Machida on Randy Couture - UFC 129 & Cheick Kongo on Pat Barry - UFC Live 5

Fight of the year
Winner: Shogun vs Henderson - UFC 139
Honorable mentions: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler - Bellatour 58 & Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II - UFC 125

Best Performance of the year
Winner: Nate Diaz vs Takanori Gomi - UFC 135
Honorable mentions: Carlos Condit vs Dong Hyun Kim - UFC 132 & Tito Ortiz vs Ryan Bader - UFC 132

Breakthrough fighter of the year
Winner: Carlos Condit
Honorable mentions: Donald Cerrone, Brian Stann & Alexander Gustafsson

Fighter of the year
Winner: Jon Jones
Honorable mentions: Nick Diaz, George St Pierre, Anderson Silva, Junior dos Santos & Carlos Condit

these are just my opinions...

what do you guys reckon??

Jono078

Referee
Pretty good man, covered a bit and reminded me of some that I forgotten. Diaz vs Gomi is good pick for performance of the year.

dogslife

Coach
Fighter of the year - Jon Jones

Breakthrough fighter of the year - Donald Cerrone

Best performance of the year - Jon Jones vs Shogun (UFC 128)

Knock out of the year - Lyoto Machida vs Randy Couture (UFC 129)

Submission of the year - Chan Sung Jung vs Leonard Garcia (UFC Fight Night 24)

Fight of the year - Dan Henderson vs Shogun (UFC 139)

shiznit

Coach
Pretty good man, covered a bit and reminded me of some that I forgotten. Diaz vs Gomi is good pick for performance of the year.

yeah... wasn't it...

what was originally considered a well matched fight... that was as close to perfection as ive seen in the octagon this year.

i stood and applauded when Gomi tapped.. just flawless...

Ram Man

Juniors
All my picks have been taken!

Fighter of the year - Jon Jones and Junior Dos Santos

Breakthrough fighter of the year - Donald Cerrone

Best performance of the year - Jon Jones vs. Shogun

Knock out of the year - Tie between Lyoto's and Silva's Karate Kid Kick's

Submission of the year - Chan Sang Jung (Twister)

Fight of the year. Hendo vs. Shogun

Tickets on Sale for UFC Sydney in March today for UFC Fight Club members....will be doing my best to get Premium seats!

Ram Man

Juniors
I got some premium tickets, can afford $400 a seat for diamond...trying to buy a house...Ill be lucky to get away with the premium seats, the missus is gonna hate by credit card bill!

shiznit

Coach
i reckon its be an awesome show... i wish i could go over for it...

it may not have the 'Names' that the masses are wanting... but with the smaller guys i reckon the fights will be better

Jack_Napier

Staff member
God I'm prayin reem's worked his TDD, otherwise it's gonna be GnP to Brock all night long.

I'm hoping we see reem clinch and deliver uber knee after uber knee ha ha. Brock tastes the power and he'll shoot straight away. Really can't wait for this one!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Shit yeah, specially with Nate trashing cowboy a bit. So many good fights lately. Talks of big country and werdum fighting as well. Just gotta get mousassi from SF now.

Ram Man

Juniors
Fingers crossed Cowboy destroys Diaz....I think he will anyway, I dont think Diaz has the power that Cerrone has on his feet, different story on the ground.

Cowboy does have a legit ground game but he is going up against a Ceaser Gracie Brown Belt, although I thought I heard somewhere that Ceasar gave him his black belt...anyway I see Diaz with an advantage on the ground.

Cerrone by 2nd round TKO.

Status
Not open for further replies.