What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah nate's definitly got it on the ground but like you said cowboys another animal on the feet.
Moves so freely between combinations and His power and technique will give him the advantage on the feet.

Crisps new Mexico technique against the Stockton slap. If Nate brings his stand up from his last fight then it could get interesting.
I'm with you but I don't see this one going the distance with the cowboy takin it.

Ram Man

Juniors
Diaz is a f**kstick.

I don't give him much of an edge on the ground at all.

I agree with you that he is a f**kstick, but the guy has a very solid ground game and is a legit BJJ practitioner. You only have to look at his record to see how many finishes he has by submission (won 10 by submission out of 14 wins)

There is a difference between being good on the ground and being a brown/black belt under Ceasar Gracie...they dont just hand that $hit out.

Cerrone can handle himself on the ground but he has not fought anyone with this calibre BJJ game with the exception of Charles Oliviera, but he finished him by KO in the 1st round.

I dont like Diaz either but im not silly enough to think the guy doesnt have any skills, especially BJJ being his strength.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yep and he has no problem working off his back, always attacking and looking for subs or sweeps. Both Diaz boys are clever guard fighters, so I definitly give him the advantage on the ground.

shiznit

Coach
Diaz is a f**kstick.

I don't give him much of an edge on the ground at all.
Nates not too bad... i think of the two... Nate is the more level headed...

but who really gives a f**k...

Nick-Diaz.jpg

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Nates not too bad... i think of the two... Nate is the more level headed...

but who really gives a f**k...

Nick-Diaz.jpg

Nate's younger so the chip ain't as big as nicks but like you said who gives a f**k really. Dudes are skilled fighters who talk shit and back it up. most times it drags the opponent into a the Diaz boys head games.

Ram Man

Juniors
Im usually happy to cop blokes talking $hit before fights, adds to the theatre of it, but dont get a title shot you have asked for, not show up to your commitments for said title fight, then whinge when it gets taken away from you and then piss and moan at a post fight press conference saying that you have to be the bad guy just to get another title shot....you come off looking like a douche

shiznit

Coach
Im usually happy to cop blokes talking $hit before fights, adds to the theatre of it, but dont get a title shot you have asked for, not show up to your commitments for said title fight, then whinge when it gets taken away from you and then piss and moan at a post fight press conference saying that you have to be the bad guy just to get another title shot....you come off looking like a douche

i dont disagree with you...

but in between getting booted from the gsp fight for his no showing on media duties and his post UFC 137 press antics where he scored himself a titleshot... he did manage to hand BJ Penn the worst beating of his career.

The boy has mad skillz... it makes people more forgiving of his bullshit... :lol:

Ram Man

Juniors
Yeah I wasnt disputing the fact the dude has talent, just he makes up stories to make himself feel better when he acts like a douche.

The bloke can fight though...

shiznit

Coach
Yeah I wasnt disputing the fact the dude has talent, just he makes up stories to make himself feel better when he acts like a douche.

The bloke can fight though...
i think he has mental issues...

this is gonna sound stupid...

but ive heard Joe Rogan mention that Nick Diaz during a fight period is a different animal to normal Nick Diaz.

during the fight period he has to wean himself off the weed... so he's on edge the whole time... he has some sort of social disorder which gives him severe anxiety issues.

apparently when he's smoking weed he's the nicest bloke on earth.

dogslife

Coach
I think Nick Diaz is a great fighter, but you'll never see me cheering for him in a fight because he's just an out and out f**kwit. The Diaz brothers walk around with massive chips on their shoulders thinking they deserve to have everything handed to them. I can't believe they gave Nick Diaz his title shot back after he bitched and moaned about losing it in the first place, he didn't deserve it because of his own laziness and stupidity

Ram Man

Juniors
i think he has mental issues...

this is gonna sound stupid...

but ive heard Joe Rogan mention that Nick Diaz during a fight period is a different animal to normal Nick Diaz.

during the fight period he has to wean himself off the weed... so he's on edge the whole time... he has some sort of social disorder which gives him severe anxiety issues.

apparently when he's smoking weed he's the nicest bloke on earth.

How seriously does he take his career if he is always punching cones rather than sparring partners....he really is a dick.

And the anxiety would come fromn smoking the weed...

shiznit

Coach
How seriously does he take his career if he is always punching cones rather than sparring partners....he really is a dick.

And the anxiety would come fromn smoking the weed...
not necessarily... i think he's actually been diagnosed with something that gives him the anxiety issues.

he's just made the decision to go with weed instead of anti-depressions. in the state of California i think that's legal.

i dont see much of a difference between weed and most of the drugs pushed by big drug corporations these days.

other than the fact your not allowed weed in your system while your fighting.

i dont see much of a correlation with smoking weed and not taking your career seriously... i know of many other UFC fighters who smoke weed... and athletes from other sports.

you just have to know how to use it...

shiznit

Coach
I think Nick Diaz is a great fighter, but you'll never see me cheering for him in a fight because he's just an out and out f**kwit. The Diaz brothers walk around with massive chips on their shoulders thinking they deserve to have everything handed to them. I can't believe they gave Nick Diaz his title shot back after he bitched and moaned about losing it in the first place, he didn't deserve it because of his own laziness and stupidity
Nate's not too bad...

Ram Man

Juniors
not necessarily... i think he's actually been diagnosed with something that gives him the anxiety issues.

he's just made the decision to go with weed instead of anti-depressions. in the state of California i think that's legal.

i dont see much of a difference between weed and most of the drugs pushed by big drug corporations these days.

other than the fact your not allowed weed in your system while your fighting.

i dont see much of a correlation with smoking weed and not taking your career seriously... i know of many other UFC fighters who smoke weed... and athletes from other sports.

you just have to know how to use it...

I see your point I really do, but any athlete who continues to use a substance that is on the ban list while competing at the highest level is either taking the piss, doesn't care about his career or thinks that if he gets
Caught, he will be back after 2 years, who gives a shit...it's pretty dumb to continue to do it any way you slice it

Hench

Juniors
Diaz is a clown. He wanted no part of GSP. Then after beating BJ he had a whinge in the press conference that the UFC should pay for his training partners. Massive f**kwit.

Anyway, let's move on to Lesnar vs Overeem. Tough fight to pick IMO. Lesnar when he gets hit pretty much caves in but Overeem has never faced a wrestler as good as Brock. I'm picking Overeem with a 2nd round TKO after Lesnar dominates him in the 1st round on the ground. I'll be cheering on Brock though.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
If Brock dominates reem on the ground then he'll either finish him late in first or early in the second.

Reem's size is gonna need a shit load of cardio and that's always been questionable. Which is why reem needs to avoid grapplin on the ground against a NCAA national wrestling champion. I'm hoping reem by flying uber knee. Hopefully his elite k1 striking will shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.