What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Man

Juniors
Update on the UFC Fx 2 card on March 3 at Allphones Arena (formerly Acer) Sydney.

Light Heavyweight Bout: James Te Huna vs. Aaron Rosa
Middleweight Bout: Court McGee vs. Constantinos Philippou

Still not the really big name we deserve yet...hoping the Forrest Griffin rumours are true.

Collateral

Coach
Read an interview with Forrest the other day where he said he doesnt want to fight outside of the USA or Canada again because he has too much trouble managing his weight cut, etc.
Either way Ive been pretty disappointed with his last few fights and you have to question whether his heart is still in it, especially with his plans to retire.

We do deserve a big name though, especially after the Penn V Fitch fight.

Heard a rumour of Miller V Noke which would be a nice addition.

shiznit

Coach
Miller V Noke could be a fun fight...

But Miller needs to really step up his game... he was poor in the TUF finale.

im gonna pull one out of my arse and say im picking Overeem to win via guillotine choke...

i know its been said already that it would be impossible for a guy with a neck the size of Brock to be caught in a guillotine.

but ive been watching some of Overeem's old fights... and he has a NAAAASTY guillotine. both standing and in guard.

so Overeem by UBER-tine

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'm praying reem doesn't let it get near the ground.

I'm as excited for the Diaz/cerrone as I am the main event.

Ram Man

Juniors
Well I have never said its completely impossible to choke someone Brocks size so its a possibility but if he puts it on, he will need it to be tighter than a fish's arsehole from the moment he puts it on or Brock will just power out of it, and the danger of it is, Brock is now in his guard and can do some hefty damage from there.

In not sure what ground game he has from his back...in saying that, any ground game from your back is going to be fairly useless against someone that big.

Very rare now days to see a standing guillotine choke, other than Bones who is a freak!

Im with Jack, im possibly more excited to see Diaz vs. Cerrone....good test for Cowboy who, IMO, is very close to a title shot should he get through Diaz.

shiznit

Coach
Well I have never said its completely impossible to choke someone Brocks size so its a possibility but if he puts it on, he will need it to be tighter than a fish's arsehole from the moment he puts it on or Brock will just power out of it, and the danger of it is, Brock is now in his guard and can do some hefty damage from there.

In not sure what ground game he has from his back...in saying that, any ground game from your back is going to be fairly useless against someone that big.

Very rare now days to see a standing guillotine choke, other than Bones who is a freak!

Im with Jack, im possibly more excited to see Diaz vs. Cerrone....good test for Cowboy who, IMO, is very close to a title shot should he get through Diaz.

your not the only one who's said that too me bro... i asked a BJJ dude at work and he reckons exactly the same as you... your probably dead on. i just like saying Uber-tine :cool:

actually he thought Overeem would win by GnP. like the Rogers fight..

Jack_Napier

Staff member
your not the only one who's said that too me bro... i asked a BJJ dude at work and he reckons exactly the same as you... your probably dead on. i just like saying Uber-tine :cool:

Ha ha just like me with uber knee.

Interesting reading about the NCA lesnar has with extreme couture camp. Basically no current of future heavyweight can train for an upcoming fight at extreme couture if their fighting Brock. Truly is a businessman in every sense ol Brock.

Diaz/cerrone is gonna be freaking epic, hOnestly think it has The makings as one of the fights of the year, specially with all weigh shit as well.

Live card at 2pm then out to get pissed on the back of a uberreem highlight reel knockout.

Ram Man

Juniors

I think it is really gonna come down to overeem's TD defense...if he hasn't been working on that he is in deep trouble...every fight starts standing but Brock can shoot a double in the blink of an eye and it's hard to stop a guy that weighs 266 pounds from taking you down...

I'm gonna predict a 1st round TKO stoppage to Brock.

Ceronne by KO in the second

Fitch by submission in the second

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Rumors are brock will weigh around 280 odd come fight night. Should have a 20lb advantage over the reem which should make the force of his doubles even more dangerous.

I can see it goin to the second round only because reem will surely have enough gas to last 5 mins. The moment Brock gains top position from second round onwards I give 2-3 mins max before a stoppage. Brocks back to cuttin weight and eating properly for the first time in a few fights so think the Brock from UFC 100 will return and he destroyed Mir on the ground with his wrestling.

Reckon cerrone Diaz will go to the 3rd. Both incredibly tough and fight could go anywhere, gonna be a pisser!!

After reading Dana saying fitch needs reality check when it comes to his fights and how they are viewed by fans, I reckon fitch will finish as well. Probably RNC in 3rd after boring lay and pray for 12 mins.

shiznit

Coach
i think a big problem for Brock could be the scramble... the only guy he's fought remotely close to Overeem's size is Carwin... but Carwin was gassed when Brock tried any real take downs.

If Brock doesnt get his takedown right... Overeem has enough size to turn Brocks takedown attempts into a scramble...

from there it could end up 3 ways:

1. back to standing - which is bad for Brock

2. with Brock on top - which is bad for Overeem

3. with Brock on his back... which is superbad for Brock. if Overeem gets top position against Brock... its over.

case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFRBZclzLgg

Jack_Napier

Staff member
How pumped are we for the fight but. All this analysis is getting me edgy as ha ha.

Reem looked absolutely shredded at the weigh ins.

Jono078

Referee
Wow eh! I think you can put that down to ring rust for Fitch. He hasn't been in a fight in a long time, and this one didn't help at all for ring rust.

But he'll be back no doubt. Hendricks is a little beast. Not sure how far he can go though.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Ring rust and the fact anyone getting caught with a shot like that is gonna drop straight away, follow up shot looked to almost hit the collarbone and stunned him again.

Hendricks can go places, gun wrestler with one shot fight ending power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts