What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
yeah... Joe was spot on with his assessment of him sandbagging... that dude just earnt himself his blackbelt by the end of the day.

he's a brown belt in Judo also... a great combination if he sharpens those skills right up. he's got good reach also... which will help his stand up.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Kids only going to get better specially like Joe said with constant exposure to training with Frankie and almeida. Work ethic to match the talent it seems.

Real long limbs as well which made the ground and pound even better. His control during the trips and throws was sick. Landing straight in dominant side control. A couple of the knee to belly passes were just so slick. Really lookin forward to seein him again

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just saw the scores for thehettes fight as well. 30-25 30-25 30-26.
Complete and utter domination.

Kakihara

Juniors
I'm more amazed that people actually thought Lesnar had a chance in his fight. Having known about Overeem since his Pride days it greatly amuses me when i see someone from the Dana White Ufc hype train get his ass knocked by a more experienced and superior fighter that many ufc fans had never heard of before.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I think this is a different teen from the pride days, I reckon we'll see him hit his prime. But in saying that if brock had turned up like the lesnar monster from 100 then who knows he may have shot more than once sloppily for a single.

Reems the shit now but ha ha

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
It was a good card and it's a shame to see Lesnar leave IMO. I respect that he isn't holding on and taking a pay day as he could easily bank money by fighting some guys in the 7 - 13 range.

I still love the Diaz brothers so much.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It was a good card and it's a shame to see Lesnar leave IMO. I respect that he isn't holding on and taking a pay day as he could easily bank money by fighting some guys in the 7 - 13 range.

Shit yeah, that performance from Nate was brilliant. Dudes are never in a boring fight and that includes the lead up. Nick VS condit is gonna be sick as well.

Ram Man

Juniors
I'm more amazed that people actually thought Lesnar had a chance in his fight. Having known about Overeem since his Pride days it greatly amuses me when i see someone from the Dana White Ufc hype train get his ass knocked by a more experienced and superior fighter that many ufc fans had never heard of before.

Every fighter has a punchers chance, in saying that Brock is really only known for his wrestling ability which is off the chart and is something
Overeem has never had to deal with, and in this fight he shot 1 pathetic single.

So yeah people gave him a chance because of that and also the dude is enormous, he has beaten some pretty handy fighters in his time....no easy feat to beat guys like Randy Couture and Frank Mir, and survive a beating from a guy like Shane Carwin....

shiznit

Coach
dont worry about it Ram... he's obviously a shertard.

apparently all fans of the UFC only watch the UFC... so they have no idea about anyone outside of the UFC... :roll:

shiznit

Coach

STOCKTON MOTHERf**kER!! :lol:

chucks.gif

jc155776

Coach
I want to see Diaz take on Peddis with te winner having a crack at the title. Lightweight division is insane at the moment.

shiznit

Coach
I want to see Diaz take on Peddis with te winner having a crack at the title. Lightweight division is insane at the moment.
sounds f**king epic brah!!

i still think that Pettis is a sleeper in the LW division.

hopefully he's worked on his TDD.

because the boy has some serious stand up... and is active off his back.

shiznit

Coach
i dont know if anyone here follows the woman... Meisha Tate V Rhonda Rousey is the rumored title fight at 135.

Rousey is one naaaasty chick... i reckon give her a year or so at 135 and she will be ready to go back up to 145 to take on that animal Cyborg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSxnZJ92uMw

f**king naaaaasty...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Anyone been reading bout BJ mouthing off at nick diaz through twitter lately? Seems the prodigy ain't so retired.

shiznit

Coach
Anyone been reading bout BJ mouthing off at nick diaz through twitter lately? Seems the prodigy ain't so retired.
ill always be a big fan of BJ... because of the fact he doesnt duck anyone...

but i hope he just takes his defeat like a man... i hope he doesnt get bitter about it.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So it's Diaz, fitch and caesar Gracie as well.

Agree with shiz, BJ needs to cop it on the chin. Nick beat his ass and that's it.

Collateral

Coach
UFC on fox Evans V Davis

Im picking Davis to upset Evans and be JJB biggest challenge.
Sonnen to just scrape by Munoz.
Bisping to outpoint Maia.

All three results via decision.

Ram Man

Juniors
Still have UFC 142 on this Sunday from Rio de Janeiro.
Jose Aldo takes on Chad Mendez for the Featherweight title and Vitor Belfort takes on Anthony Johnson which will be Johnson's first venture into the middleweight division. It will probably be a nice change for Johnson, it means he doesnt have to cut 55lbs to make weight...but still will have to cut around 40lbs to make middleweight...the dude walks around well over 220lbs

Not a bad card though.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Hoping Aldo runs through money. Lay n pray bullshit is the only way he beats Aldo.

Rumble VS vitor should be interesting, like ram said rumble should be much better conditioned not having to cut so much weight. Was shocked when I saw a picture of him at his natural weight, dudes chunky as.

Looking forward to UFC on fox more than the rio card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts