What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collateral

Coach
I'd like to see Nate Diaz V Joe Lauzon....Lauzon has great boxing and it would be a killer ground battle too!

Other matches I would love to see right now:

Velasquez V Carwin
Overeem V Dos Santos (happening!)
JJB V Silva

MattJ

Juniors
I'd like to see Nate Diaz V Joe Lauzon....Lauzon has great boxing and it would be a killer ground battle too!

Other matches I would love to see right now:

Velasquez V Carwin
Overeem V Dos Santos (happening!)
JJB V Silva

Lauzon is actually fighting Pettis at UFC 144 in Japan in late Feb.
Thats an awesome card, cant wait for that one, check it out:

Main card
Preliminary card

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Ha ha just watched it as well. Funny how he's completely taking the piss and bisping is trying to get him to bite with serious trash. Brilliant cos he knows this time round he's the good guy. Respected Maia but, knows Demian will triangle his ass again.

Ram Man

Juniors
Sonnen is f**kin hilarious...love the line of "Im not fight Anderson in Brazil or Chicago or Vegas, Im fighting him in the Octagon and the can set that son of a bitch up anywhere"

Rashad was a little touchy about the wrestling question I thought...Davis has the more credentials for mine but doesnt really mean shit when you have 4oz gloves strapped on your hands and locked in a cage for 25 minutes.

I also think Chris Weidman is a little dillusional in saying that he can submit Maia....there is a big difference in competing at Abu Dhabi and winning Abu Dhabi...he has skills but not anywhere near Maia.

shiznit

Coach
Sonnen is f**kin hilarious...love the line of "Im not fight Anderson in Brazil or Chicago or Vegas, Im fighting him in the Octagon and the can set that son of a bitch up anywhere"

Rashad was a little touchy about the wrestling question I thought...Davis has the more credentials for mine but doesnt really mean shit when you have 4oz gloves strapped on your hands and locked in a cage for 25 minutes.

I also think Chris Weidman is a little dillusional in saying that he can submit Maia....there is a big difference in competing at Abu Dhabi and winning Abu Dhabi...he has skills but not anywhere near Maia.

agree 100%...

weidman is a more than competent grappler... a purle belt under Matt Serra... which you can pretty much say Renzo Gracie... they have some SERIOUSLY high level BJJ guys around him. Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie, Roger Gracie & John Dannaher... so i would expect him to do great things on the ground in his career.

but Demian Maia is a whole different story... he's on another level... Has Maia ever competed against Roger??

Ram Man

Juniors
agree 100%...

weidman is a more than competent grappler... a purle belt under Matt Serra... which you can pretty much say Renzo Gracie... they have some SERIOUSLY high level BJJ guys around him. Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie, Roger Gracie & John Dannaher... so i would expect him to do great things on the ground in his career.

but Demian Maia is a whole different story... he's on another level... Has Maia ever competed against Roger??

Yeah they certainly have some handy grapplers under Renzo...especially Danihar, who with Eddie Bravo is a very forward thinking BJJ practitioner...these 2 guys have really revolutionised BJJ especially Bravo and his No-gi techniques and its adaptation to MMA.

Not sure if Maia has taken on Roger...its hard to find out a lot of information on grappling events, other than Abu Dhabi...I am assuming that they have met at least once, maybe in the Brasileiro competitions or Mundials...but I cannot say with any proof.
Dont forget that Roger is a Heavyweight or Super Heavyweight in BJJ competition where Maia is still a middleweight, so they would of have to have met in the Absolute side of the draw.

Ram Man

Juniors
After doing a bit of research, they have met in 2002 at a Brazilian Teams Competition when Roger was a Brown belt and Maia was a black belt...Roger won on Points

shiznit

Coach
Yeah they certainly have some handy grapplers under Renzo...especially Danihar, who with Eddie Bravo is a very forward thinking BJJ practitioner...these 2 guys have really revolutionised BJJ especially Bravo and his No-gi techniques and its adaptation to MMA.

Not sure if Maia has taken on Roger...its hard to find out a lot of information on grappling events, other than Abu Dhabi...I am assuming that they have met at least once, maybe in the Brasileiro competitions or Mundials...but I cannot say with any proof.
Dont forget that Roger is a Heavyweight or Super Heavyweight in BJJ competition where Maia is still a middleweight, so they would of have to have met in the Absolute side of the draw.

last year i got my brother in law a spot in John Danahers only's Seminar while he was on holiday in NZ.... and my brother in law pulled out on the day!!

he had no f**king idea who he was... he's since found out who he is... and now everyone at his gym just give him shit...

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Looking forward to today. I'm a fan Bisping as a many here it seems. I also like Evans. Should be great and another reason to love OneHD :)

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Maia vs Weidman was undercard worthy. Weidman has an excuse I guess but Maia was terrible. So disappointing

Ram Man

Juniors
Weidman has an excuse...11 days notice to fight a top 5 fighter and he ha to cut weight...I can forgive him for that...Maia has no excuse...looking forward to this next fight between sonnen and bisping

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Well I was wrong. Think bisping can feel slightly ripped. Chael didn't do much first 2. Silva will destroy Chael if he performs like that.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
That was a BS decision. An absolute joke. I had a feeling that no matter what happened, for Bisping to move on for a title shot, he had to KO Sonnen. The rematch is worth more to the UFC. Bisping gained more from this fight and his title shot will come. Over five rounds, he wins this. Hell, he won that fight in three. Sickening decision and it leaves an all too familiar taste in the mouth that is associated with boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.